Viper F1

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy 2011 new year, and thought I'd share a few pics of just some of what I've been upto lately with a Viper F1 project. Its 2 cylinders over spec, quite a few cu. in. extra, and weight...the engine weighs as much as the whole car less engine (!) Posting it here as its a Gen3 engine, its looks awesome in such a car, to some I guess I should never be left alone with out 'adult' supervision and an F1 car in my workshop, LOL. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a heads, cam, pistons, dry sump, tuned engine...its not short of the horse power and way exceeds torque! Honda pull the engines and steering wheel, they do not want the technology secrets getting out there (apparently they crush them). I was looking into an older V10 F1 engine, but they require expensive rebuilds every season, and they are literally on or off, you can't hesitate on the gas pedal or the engine will start 'hunting' (running bad all over the place) and obviously unsettle the car. Anyone with Gen2 experience of the IAC problem / low speed / idle buck... imagine that at speed in a car like this, mid turn... yikes! It will be a steep learning curve to set the car up, and learn to drive the car smooth. The problem at the moment is fabricating tuned headers within the confines of the engine cowl, there isn't much room. Also the Viper engine was never designed as a stressed member to take loads of the suspension, so its mounting on plates (like the GTS-Rs) and a partial cradle. The trans I've chosen will put the gears out to the rear, and the original Honda trans (in the pics) had the cluster forwards of the diff, so it could (will!) be very imbalanced, we'll see, I'm just playing around at the moment, and hoping to go testing by summer time. Just a fun and crazy single-seater project for hill climb / track car. Everyone thought I was mad hill climbing a mighty supercharged Viper in UK, so I might as well push the limits a little more. Fantastic there's some Viper F1 fans, I thought you were more into Indy car in USA. Its a 07/08 Barrichello / Button car that evolved into the championship winning Brawn car in 2009, very nice built and engineered car. I'm thinking of painting in SSG, with a snake livery like the Jordan team ran in 1997.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some day I'll show you a Cosworth TJ piston in mid-failure and you'll see why Mr. Ferguson's engines were only good for 1501 km...

Handsome puppy in there.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Nadine that is incredible and a incredible story too!:2tu: Pics and video are a must when it's finished! That thing is going to be insane, I can't imagine what the final power to weight ratio must be! If I remember, I think the average F1 car does a 0-60 in 1.7 seconds, 0-180 mph in a tad over 8.

--RS

(P.S. There's quite a huge following of F1 here in the U.S., I've been dying to go the Canadian GP. That and the Daytona 500 are two life goals of mine, but anyway a friend of mine went to the GP in Canada last year. Think he spent $1000-1500 in tickets alone and he had to walk to the race track cause of the amount of people that go literally take up all the nearby streets.)

Last edited:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW Absolutely amazing! Can't wait for the high def pix for my wallpaper :headbang:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is flat out awesome!!! One of the things on my "bucket list" is to go the Monaco GP. I love F1 and all of the amazing technology that goes into those cars. Indy is somewhat redneck-ish by comparison (but still fun to watch).

Can't wait to see some footage of that beast running! You mentioned balance....what will the weight distro on that thing be in running trim? I'd think it would be WAY rear heavy and push like crazy in the turns.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're worrying me now ;). All that background stuff and you find the naked guy calendar :omg:.
My new year project is to put my new garage together (since I just moved in to a new place), and I have limited space (4 car garage with 3 cars, 2 SUV's, a pickup and a bike) so I was just looking at the walls for organizational ideas, and trying to figure out if this is a serious F1 workshop...it is. LOL :rolaugh:

Last edited:

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Speechless!! Can't wait for test results and full details of how you set it up.

Big F1 fan here and remember the Earth theme livery Honda used a couple years ago.

Good luck, Nadine!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea your right ***, Dodge themed livery with the snake up front will look great !

You must be registered for see images

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is flat out awesome!!! One of the things on my "bucket list" is to go the Monaco GP. I love F1 and all of the amazing technology that goes into those cars. Indy is somewhat redneck-ish by comparison (but still fun to watch).

Can't wait to see some footage of that beast running! You mentioned balance....what will the weight distro on that thing be in running trim? I'd think it would be WAY rear heavy and push like crazy in the turns.

I (we) will be there this year again...:D

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmm...............well, we all know now what Nadine must stand for;

Naturally Aspirated, dynamic individual needing excitement !

Dang, girl you do take it to the extreme and we love you for it!!:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave