Welcome to 2011 and the New Mexico Viper Club!!!!

sjtarro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have a new (but experienced) board of directors for the next two years that are excited and eager to make 2011 the best year ever for the NM Viper Club. Your new board members are:

Name Position
Tarro, Steve President
Rodway, Bill Vice President
Baughman, Jim Treasurer
Robin, Phillip Secretary
Sims, Timothy Activities Director
Whitehead, Shannon Webmaster
Shepherd, Michael Past President

Before I whet your appetite for some of the activities we are thinking about for the coming year, I need to thank Michael Shepherd for his OUTSTANDING work over the past two years as president. How one guy can accomplish as much as he did leaves some very big shoes to fill. Additionally, I need to thank Jan Hogstrom for his service as vice president. If you do the math, it is going to take seven people to do what four people did last year. This is a heartfelt THANKS for the work these guys did!

On January 21 I will be meeting in Phoenix with the other VCA presidents to find out what is going on in the world of the VCA, as well as get some ideas to bring back to our club. On January 27, our new board will be solidifying the plans and direction for the coming year, and rest assured, it will be an exciting one.

We normally have an all-member planning meeting in late January, but we are still working on the logistics of that. I will keep you posted with when and where that is going to be as soon as we get our plans finalized.

As for the rest of the year, we are going to have a few more events where we can get our Vipers out and “stretch their legs” a bit. SCCA event? Drag racing? Road race? And (this is still secret) a sanctioned top speed run? They could all happen this year.

How about a cruise to interesting location in New Mexico? Maybe take in a social event at a local café in remote mining town? What about tech sessions on tuning and/or detailing your Viper? It could happen. The only thing we are missing is a car show or two…and guess what? We even have a couple of those in the works.

This promises to be a GREAT year. Please be watching our website (index.html) as well as your e-mail in-box for updates for announcements.

Again, WELCOME to 2011 and the New Mexico Viper Club!

Steve Tarro
President - New Mexico Viper Club

:drive:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper