backyard buddy 4 post lift for sale

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
backyard buddy 4 post lift - ViperClub Classifieds

i just listed my backyard buddy lift that i just purchased in december in the classified section. i am buying a new house and cannot take the lift with me unfortunatly. look at the thread (my christmas gift to my viper) to look at the photos. i am asking $2500.00. i will not take the lift apart to ship it. i brought the lift to my house in one piece by a flat bed tow truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. Please wait until your ad is approved next time so that you can include the required link in your post. Thanks.

VenomSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is exactly what I am looking for, too bad I no longer live in NE Ohio. I contacted Backyard Buddy few months ago and their leadtime back then was 12 weeks. Good deal. GLWS.

OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the floor to the top of the posts is 6'9" and from outside to outside of the feet is 9' 2-1/2" wide

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disassembly is not that tough for whoever buys it, and that will be necessary because it wont fit through many garage door already assembled.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was looking to buy one in the next few months. (new garage isn't up yet)
If taken apart i could sore it off site.
Anyways what's your current garage inside height?
Do they sell caster kits for this lift?

OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My garage height now is 9'8" and yes they do make a caster wheel kit for it. You would have to drill holes in the posts to get the backyard buddy wheel kit to work. I do have a set of caster wheels I made work that are for a danmar lift I could let you borrow to move the lift but I need the wheels back

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My garage height now is 9'8" and yes they do make a caster wheel kit for it. You would have to drill holes in the posts to get the backyard buddy wheel kit to work. I do have a set of caster wheels I made work that are for a danmar lift I could let you borrow to move the lift but I need the wheels back

Yea I'd have to get a caster kit so i could move it in the summer when it's not in use.
How high does this lift go? I'm planning on going with a 10'-0" plate height with a scissor truss. Viper will probably be parked on top since it's a shorter car and my mustang on the bottom.

OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now the lift is on the 9th safety notch out of 10 and I have about 6 inches from the top of my car to the ceiling in the garage. With the lift all the way up you will have 63" of clearance under it

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disassembly is not that tough for whoever buys it, and that will be necessary because it wont fit through many garage door already assembled.

No

Fully assembled, It will easily fit through any standard 9' wide garage doors.

The 9'2" overall width is from the outside of the bottom leg pad to the outside of the other pad.

The width from outside of 1 runway to the outside of the opposite runway is 79".

Move it into the garage at a slight angle. Insert one column, straighten, then the other, move forward, then repeat.

This is a smokin deal, I have 2 BYB lifts....

Good luck with your sale....

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now the lift is on the 9th safety notch out of 10 and I have about 6 inches from the top of my car to the ceiling in the garage. With the lift all the way up you will have 63" of clearance under it

Don't sell yourself short, correct, from the bottom of the runway to the floor is like 63". but from the top of the runway (where the tires sit) is 67", then once it up in the air and you're under it, the bottom of the car is much higher. At 6', I could walk under my Pantera, never tried it with my Viper but it should be similar.

Good luck....

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No

Fully assembled, It will easily fit through any standard 9' wide garage doors.

The 9'2" overall width is from the outside of the bottom leg pad to the outside of the other pad.

The width from outside of 1 runway to the outside of the opposite runway is 79".

Move it into the garage at a slight angle. Insert one column, straighten, then the other, move forward, then repeat.

This is a smokin deal, I have 2 BYB lifts....

Good luck with your sale....

What is it post to post, not flange?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pm sent. I would take it right now, if I could figure a way to get it down here. My doors are high enough to roll it right in. Im just not sure who could transport, cost effectively.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it post to post, not flange?

Their standard lifts are 8' 4" outside post to outside post.

But if you're worried about moving the assembled unit into a garage, the post-to-post measurement doesn't come into play, just the overall max width (outside pad-to-pad) and runway width.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well if he doesn't sell it soon, I'll try to get it. I have a truck I can haul it in apart but not a trailer that can hold it.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BYB are great lifts!! I have one for my snakes and I love it. It's listed at a great price as well. You will not find another BYB at that price. Get it before it's gone.:2tu:

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most doors are just seven feet or less. The uprights wont fit through many doors. (vertical)

Yes it will. (when using a standard 7' height door)

7' = 84" ...Floor to top of the cable adjusting bolts on each column is 82.25". You can gain an additional 2" (80.25" overall height) by partially or fully removing the cable adjusting bolts as those columns pass under the door.

Many doors may hang down a little, providing less than the full 7' height, just disconnect the garage door opener (if used) and slide the door up so that the full height is available.

It would probably easilly even go through a door with a 6.5' high opening or less, might have to raise the oposite end a little to duck the respective columns through the door.

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were closer, I'd be all over it. I don't even want to think about what it would cost to transport that thing down here assembled.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm...about 2200 miles for me...18 hour drive dry, how much snow do you guys have up there?

How long does it take to disassemble it?

We have about six inches on the ground but the roads are pretty clear as of last night. When I got my BYB I had them install it and from the time they showed up to the time they were helping me get my car on the lift it was less then 90 min. Now, you have to consider the fact that the guy (and gal) that did this has been doing it for a long time and they had a very good system worked out to do this job quickly.

OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally the lift just sold for $2000!!!!! A guy just drove up from Michigan and took it with him

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper