Survey - TVS blower for SRT-10 Vipers

Would you buy a Magnacharger SRT-10 Viper system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont hold your breath on the gen4 kits....thats a lot more involved and a whole lot cheaper than a gen3 setup is

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd consider pulling the Paxton off for this one, if it'll give me more boom boom at the low end.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd consider pulling the Paxton off for this one, if it'll give me more boom boom at the low end.

Truly, anyone should. Paxton's heat soak like mad, and lose power both high and low. The PD blowers are a better street blower IMO. It is a shame that KB isn't interested in making a blower for the SRT. That would be my choice over any.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except we're talking about SRT cars...where a Roe isn't an option

Sean did build a one-off car for VOI X I believe to gauge the interested in possibly using the Autorotor. The hood was one big issue. I think it would have worked, wish there was more people wanting. :dunno:

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
100% in....I'd even let them take my car.

I had a kenne bell on my 03 cobra and screw blowers are the ****.

I have not liked the results I've seen with low boost Paxton systems

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would the Magnacharger flow any more air than the Roe 2.8? I don't see the benefit over the Roe..................

The benefits are huge in my opinion.

1) They have intercoolers
2) They have E.O. #'s
3) They can make over 700hp

Alteredego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would buy one for sure. They could use my car too, I only drive it 2 weeks a year since I'm in Afghanistan anyway.
Then I'd put a hurtin on someones CTS-V

I'm lovin these blowers, I just cant bring myself to put on a Paxton. Turbos crossed my mind, but my other cars have ROOTS and I love it!

Anyone know why ROE gave up after the prototype was made? Seems like the hard work was done. I'm sure with vendors like Vipair hoods were not a big issue.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had a Maggie on my '06 vette and nothing was as fun to drive as that car was. Instant power-on-demand.

You could putt around town with your wife and the by-pass valve kept you out of boost until you wanted it. Blip the throttle and you immediately had full boost.

Like others, I'd want to see if it fits under the hood and what the price would be. Nonetheless - this would definitely be my preferred option for a power adder and would make the SRT an absolute beast.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY interested for my GEN III, but if it would not work with the 06' or an 08' Factory hood on a GEN III, just not interested. There is no reason to have the BIG intercooler under it. SMS Saleen has a smaller flat intercooler set-up, one with round intercooler tubes which would cut down any issue on clearance and allow the blower to be set further in the block. It requires more work but is a much better set-up. Realistic price for kit will be more like $10K to $12K. I would be willing to do that if it was a top notch kit, all parts were included and high quality parts. All instructions incuding pictures and EVERY step on install is there. Finally, no mods to the hood, pure bolt on and they spend the real time to provide tunes for various areas of the country. High altitude tuning is a must. Things to learn from all the previous blower experiences on my past cars. There you have it.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magna Charger is having internal discussions about the system at the moment. They will need to do a cost analysis, see if it is a profitable system to produce and market. If it gets the green light, they will then look for a volunteer to borrow a car for a few months. The car would need to be bone stock, no performance modifications, preferably in California.

Anyone interested? Post pics/info on your car.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wish I was in Cali I would love to do this. Tony me and you could do the r and d in Houston ;)

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, you could do a 1-way car trip to Cali, fly home. Your car would satisfy marketing and stock-ness needs. The drive home after mods would be worth it. Night shots in Vegas!

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll put down a deposit for development on the condition that I will be refunded my money if nothing is produced. I have been wanting to add something more to my Viper for a while. I was thinking about a Roe turbo on it, but I could do a supercharger. But, when 600 hp isn't enough, you have GOT to find something else lol

edit: also only if there is no hood modification as another poster put it. also I am hoping that it would work on gen iv

Last edited:

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Magna Charger is having internal discussions about the system at the moment. They will need to do a cost analysis, see if it is a profitable system to produce and market.

Without a doubt - after having a MagnaCharger on my C6, if they made a kit for the SRT... I'm in! Nothing compares to a roots style blower.

Here's hoping they can make the financials work and bring them to Vipers.

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Magna Charger is having internal discussions about the system at the moment. They will need to do a cost analysis, see if it is a profitable system to produce and market. If it gets the green light, they will then look for a volunteer to borrow a car for a few months. The car would need to be bone stock, no performance modifications, preferably in California.

I'm bone stock and located in WA! Will I get a discount on a kit? :D

You must be registered for see images

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andy, you could do a 1-way car trip to Cali, fly home. Your car would satisfy marketing and stock-ness needs. The drive home after mods would be worth it. Night shots in Vegas!

Give me a call tomorrow Tony.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need one for the 08 up SRT's!!!!

I don't see this happening until there is an easily accessible way to do custom tunes on the 08+ computers. SCT makes tuning software and hand-held modules for flashing the 03-06 cars. If the 08+ cars ever get some love from the computer tuner companies, then more benefits would follow.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not enough 08's out there to get a good return so I don't see that kit coming to light, however there are a lot of GEN IIIs out there so bring the kit on already. Surely they can sell enough to make a good business case. I mean they are the only non-centifugal set-up around if produced. Market is cornered and even Paxton owners will want in on the action.

Get going as I have my money waiting in the bank for a proven non-Paxton, non-Turbo set-up. It was waiting there for a Roe too but that never happened. If produced, it will be THE kit to have, period.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Few mods here...

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive been hoping they would come out with one of these for my SRT. A 7K price range would make it a lot more likely I would get one though. I am however in CA and my viper is stock, so heres a pic: