Hello, Need Help PLEASE Going Crazy

USMARSHALVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

This is driving me crazy I posted a few weeks ago and have gotten great info from the Girls and Guys here:).But here is the problem now.I am still interested in this car in the below link in Reseda,CA.

Cars for Sale: 1995 Dodge Viper RT/10 Roadster in Reseda, CA 91335: Convertible Details - 283459843 - AutoTrader.com

I have spoke to Dan/DC Performance on the phone several times and he sounds like a great guy and is ready to look at the car for me:).

The car dealer has agreed now almost 2 weeks to call Dan and take car to him so it can be looked at by Dan before I buy it.

I am paying for the inspection and now still waiting????:(

Is the dealer hiding something or what ? I know the car is 16 years old and will need TLC no matter what as long as the motor is not falling out or a body in the trunk I am buying it.

Now when I call the dealer he keeps telling me he is busy? And will get the car/call Dan later in the week? The dealership is only 20 miles away ***.Sorry about the rambling but this is killing me.

Anyone near the area that can go take a look at this thing and least let me know if I should keep dreaming or cut the cord?:dunno

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'll start by saying that I know nothing about this car or "dealer".

That said, I would only say that you have seemingly tried very hard to operate in good faith...with no real results to date.

WALK AWAY !!!

It's your money and you really do not have to work that hard to spend it...especially on an "unknown" at a remote location. And, if you think buying that car has been hard...just wait til something goes wrong with the deal...

There are PLENTY of good, affordable Vipers out there with known histories being sold by honest, caring owners. Tap in to you LOCAL VCA grapevine...you might surprise yourself!!

Good luck...and feel free to contact folks here for advice and/or leads.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste to much of my time trying to get the dealer to do something he should have been very willing to do right away. Saying he is busy just throws up a red flag. Call him one more time and tell him if he wants to sell it,take it over to the people TOMORROW.If not,just tell him you are to busy to bother with it anymore. Heck,he is the one trying to sell it. Looks to be a fair deal but only if he is honest and does what he already promised a long time ago. Look around and find one you are comfortable with and without the bullsh*t. Good luck!

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should not have to work this hard to buy a car. Their service thus far appears sub standard, how about after the sale???

There are too many good Vipers available out there.... walk and buy from someone that truely WANTS to earn your business!

That's my $.02 worth.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the "dealer" might be dragging their feet because the car might have issues or might not want to deal with someone that is performing a trained inspection. If you have to beg them to take your money than what kind of service are you going to get when dealing with paperwork, titles, notary, etc.? Run for the hills, there are plenty of good Vipers out there.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's already been said, but the dealer should be working with you NOW if he ever is and you want to have a constructive, healthy relationship with whomever you buy the car from. Why risk the unknowns when there are plenty of great cars out there. I know the sale price is low, but you might be better off paying more for a car (and a seller) you can trust.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go post on the . : : SoCal Viper : : . - Index site

You are more likely to get a local guy to look at it, or maybe one of them already has.

Cracks in the hood and head gaskets are really important to check. Maybe start by asking the dealer for a closeup shot of the hood near the hinges to see if you can see any cracks. IF there are cracks... RUN!

I also notice that the dealer didn't post photos of the engine. That seems kinda weird to me, but ask for some engine shots too.

Good Luck

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too concerned about the "dealer" hiding something. The name of the seller makes it look like one of those small parking lot, small pre-fab office type used car places. You wouldn't be expecting any after sale help if anything went "wrong" with the deal anyway. This certainly would be an as-is where-is deal; so, I wouldn't worry about whether the description is accurate, or any promises are kept. There is no reason that you should believe anything said by them; but, then again, that is true of most any car sale, just more so in a situation like this. Obviously, this is why you want the car inspected by DC Performance.

The car's price is probably good enough that the seller really doesn't feel the need to accomodate your request promptly. He probably figures that he could do just as good of a deal locally; but, doesn't want to tell you to take a hike, in case he can't get a local buyer.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll start by saying that I know nothing about this car or "dealer".

That said, I would only say that you have seemingly tried very hard to operate in good faith...with no real results to date.

WALK AWAY !!!

It's your money and you really do not have to work that hard to spend it...especially on an "unknown" at a remote location. And, if you think buying that car has been hard...just wait til something goes wrong with the deal...

There are PLENTY of good, affordable Vipers out there with known histories being sold by honest, caring owners. Tap in to you LOCAL VCA grapevine...you might surprise yourself!!

Good luck...and feel free to contact folks here for advice and/or leads.

Good advice here. What I would say with all the dealers I've dealt with is one of 2 things. A) There is something with the car and he knows the inspection will kill the deal so he is using you as a last resort which rolls into: B) He is working someone else on the car as well that will be "easier" for him to make happen then to deal with you. I would do what Steve said and walk, screw him if he doesn't want to help you help him sell the car.

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd walk away, personally. I've had the same kind of lack of attention from a used car lot before and I found out ALMOST when it was too late that the car was not all it was cracked up to be.

Maybe the salesman's just lazy. It's the beginning of the year, and maybe he doesn't care to go the extra mile right now. Unless you are dead set on THAT 1995 Viper, I'd just keep looking.

Best of luck to you.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see it has anti lock brakes and cruise control........that tells me the seller doesn't know squat about Vipers............run away fast!!!!

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My advise: take a plane to this dealer and sh**t him, but I wouldn't buy a car with him ;)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id never beg a dealer to spend my hard earned cash there. if they wanna sel me a car, they better work for it.

woodhouse does this very well BTW. contact bill pemberton, it is worth it

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out the CAR IS A PIECE OF **** AND HE IS A BIG BULL ****TER!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
U

USMARSHALVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all that have replied.I really appreciate all the direction and guidance from everyone.:)

Now here is the latest ! I called yesterday to ask for the guy I have been dealing with and hes not there message left.

I wait about 4 hours then call again and I was told he is with a customer.

I then call back about 2 hours later and a guy says that the salesmen that I have been calling for never came to work today ? :omg:

Now is the Great News:eater:

The guy on the phone asked if I was the one with the deposit on the viper because it is now sold and being shipped back east this weekend.

I am not the one with the deposit nor do I live in the east :D

I am so thank full the deal fell apart and I can only hope that who ever bought the viper has good luck with it?

For now I will keep lurking and learning from all on the forums.

Thanks and God Bless :usa:

Craig

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were lucky i think. He found a sucker i guess. Now you can calm down and make sure you get what you want,right? RIGHT!!? J/K...But this was a blessing for you in the end...Good luck!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thats what happens when you give out TOO MUCH info here about a good-deal. Fess-up....which one of you non-posting lurkers bought it ???

I know where there is a 95 Black at $22k, both tops, both windows, new tires.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck in your search and no, it wasn't me...?!!

Sounds like a call to JonB may be in order..!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456