New owner, finally posting

ACR_VP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm the proud new owner of a Black '99 ACR. I've been lurking around the forums for a little over a month now, and figured it was finally time to introduce myself.

I'm very much a gear head, but instead of high performance cars I've always worked on/owned Jeeps... which in some ways isn't too different than working on a Viper (who knew the 3 times I did gear swaps of the rear diff of a Wrangler that the Viper diff would be essentially the same). I just got the factory service manuals for the Viper, and hopefully will soon be competent enough to contribute something to the community :)

I'm actually the fourth owner of the Viper (and probably the last because I'm never getting rid of it) but still it's new to me. It's always been my dream car since I was a kid, and finally I can claim it as my own!

I plan on taking it to the track (circuit not drag) at least 1 or 2 times a year but no actual racing (it's an expensive hobby after all). I plan on keeping it naturally aspirated, but I'll probably be looking for more power after I learn its limits at the track.

It's essentially stock but does have a few mods... SSR Type C wheels, 3.55 gears (and speedo correction box), short throw shifter, no cats, Belanger exhaust, and Recaro pole position seats inside. I've got my eye on the 40mm rear brake upgrade, but figured it would be a good idea to get some track time first. I've attached the only picture I have of it :)

One question I do have though... I washed the car yesterday and put it away for winter storage. I was wondering if there are any nooks or crannies that water likes to sit and pool up. I took care of all I could find (including by the gas cap) but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any... It's going to be a long winter here in Ohio :(

Attachments

• vip.jpg
    vip.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 62

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I bet you are so excited huh?

A few of us run at Mid Ohio if you ever want to join us.

I see water collect in my back hatch area and under the hood when I wash.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car with the wheels, I wouldn't change a thing on the appearance. I'm on the west side suburbs of Cleveland, welcome to the club.

98RT98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome--- i never seem to get all the water out of the mirrors. im from the south side of cleveland

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
CONGRATS! Your 99 ACR is kinda rare.... KONI adjustable "rattlers" as a start.

DO HOOK UP A BATTERY TENDER

Do stick cling-free drier sheets in the nooks and crannies underhhood and in the hatch to repel mice, assuming you have ever seen a mouse nearby in past 5 years. They love tasty rubber, and carpet pads for their own nests. Really!

DO THE REAR CALIPER UPGRADE FROM TOM! And SS lines for sure. The 99 OE brakes **** for track use. Verified Track alignment ESSENTIAL and will net 2 sec or more per LAP vs OE !! And get good pads and lighter rotors.....

Welcome.......

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats ACR VP. Im a new Viper owner as well, I acctully bought mine from Jeffs Motorcars in North Canton last year. I live just down the road from ya kind of, we should go to some car shows this year. We plan on running at Nelson Ledges roadcourse again this year, and plan on going to Mid Ohio and meet up w/ Leslie. Send me a PM with your info and I'll send ya mine.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congats on the new Viper! Click membership and get yourself signed up for the best club in the land, the VCA Ohio Region. How's that for being subtle?

This event you might be interested in::drive:
http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-viper-events-gatherings/641702-socks-ties-old-spice-beaverun-2011-a.html

Take a look at our website www.viperclubohio.org Checkout the scrapbook section and the newsletter section.

Our latest Ohio newsletter with the 2011 calendar of events goes to print in a couple of days. :2tu:

Any questions about the VCA Ohio Region? Let me know.

Randall Arnold
President VCA Ohio Region
937-470-8306
[email protected]

OP
OP
A

ACR_VP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I bet you are so excited huh?

A few of us run at Mid Ohio if you ever want to join us.

I see water collect in my back hatch area and under the hood when I wash.

Yes very excited... Can't wait to actually be able to drive it! I got it at the end of November and was only able to take it out twice but it was always too cold to really push the throttle.

And I'll definitely be at Mid Ohio... Counting the days actually!

welcome--- i never seem to get all the water out of the mirrors. im from the south side of cleveland

Thanks, I used a leaf blower to dry it and this seemed to get everything out of the mirrors.

CONGRATS! Your 99 ACR is kinda rare.... KONI adjustable "rattlers" as a start.

DO HOOK UP A BATTERY TENDER

Do stick cling-free drier sheets in the nooks and crannies underhhood and in the hatch to repel mice, assuming you have ever seen a mouse nearby in past 5 years. They love tasty rubber, and carpet pads for their own nests. Really!

DO THE REAR CALIPER UPGRADE FROM TOM! And SS lines for sure. The 99 OE brakes **** for track use. Verified Track alignment ESSENTIAL and will net 2 sec or more per LAP vs OE !! And get good pads and lighter rotors.....

Welcome.......

Battery Tender is already hooked up. I have 3 cats, so I don't need to worry about mice. And I inflated the tires to 45 psi. Tonight I'm covering it (wanted to let any water dry).

The rotors are stock, but I think they have aftermarket pads, I still need to check though. Regardless of whatever they are they're brand new, so I at least plan to chew through them first. I'm really interested in doing Tom's upgraded calipers though.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm the proud new owner of a Black '99 ACR. I've been lurking around the forums for a little over a month now, and figured it was finally time to introduce myself.

I'm very much a gear head, but instead of high performance cars I've always worked on/owned Jeeps... which in some ways isn't too different than working on a Viper (who knew the 3 times I did gear swaps of the rear diff of a Wrangler that the Viper diff would be essentially the same). I just got the factory service manuals for the Viper, and hopefully will soon be competent enough to contribute something to the community :)

I'm actually the fourth owner of the Viper (and probably the last because I'm never getting rid of it) but still it's new to me. It's always been my dream car since I was a kid, and finally I can claim it as my own!

I plan on taking it to the track (circuit not drag) at least 1 or 2 times a year but no actual racing (it's an expensive hobby after all). I plan on keeping it naturally aspirated, but I'll probably be looking for more power after I learn its limits at the track.

It's essentially stock but does have a few mods... SSR Type C wheels, 3.55 gears (and speedo correction box), short throw shifter, no cats, Belanger exhaust, and Recaro pole position seats inside. I've got my eye on the 40mm rear brake upgrade, but figured it would be a good idea to get some track time first. I've attached the only picture I have of it :)

One question I do have though... I washed the car yesterday and put it away for winter storage. I was wondering if there are any nooks or crannies that water likes to sit and pool up. I took care of all I could find (including by the gas cap) but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any... It's going to be a long winter here in Ohio :(

Congrads and welcome to viper ownership!!!!!! Nice looking ACR. When I got my ACR back in '08 it was delivered in Nov. as well. Only I could not drive it till the spring. Drove it off the truck and right into the garage. :( All was good by March and I was able to take her out :) Now it's time to join the club. :) As mentioned by Daytonprowler just click on the membership icon and follow the steps, it's easy. You can contact me with any questions as well. Just send me a p.m.

Bob B. VCA Ohio VP.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats ACR VP. Im a new Viper owner as well, I acctully bought mine from Jeffs Motorcars in North Canton last year. I live just down the road from ya kind of, we should go to some car shows this year. We plan on running at Nelson Ledges roadcourse again this year, and plan on going to Mid Ohio and meet up w/ Leslie. Send me a PM with your info and I'll send ya mine.

Yes very excited... Can't wait to actually be able to drive it! I got it at the end of November and was only able to take it out twice but it was always too cold to really push the throttle.

And I'll definitely be at Mid Ohio... Counting the days actually!

Thanks, I used a leaf blower to dry it and this seemed to get everything out of the mirrors.

Battery Tender is already hooked up. I have 3 cats, so I don't need to worry about mice. And I inflated the tires to 45 psi. Tonight I'm covering it (wanted to let any water dry).

The rotors are stock, but I think they have aftermarket pads, I still need to check though. Regardless of whatever they are they're brand new, so I at least plan to chew through them first. I'm really interested in doing Tom's upgraded calipers though.

hey guys the bunch of us that run are talking about May 13-15 at Mid OH if you are interested....you can either run or hang out and get some passenger rides.:headbang:

April last year:)
three_vipers_at_mid_oh.jpg

Last edited:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys the bunch of us that run are talking about May 13-15 at Mid OH if you are interested....you can either run or hang out and get some passenger rides.:headbang:

That date looks good for me so far. I'm hoping I can get my wife up with me this time. :2tu:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always blow my cars off with my air hose. You will be surprised, there are dozens of nooks and crannies on all cars, around every emblem ,inside door jams, around wipers, in grill and spoilers, in vents, around gas cap, around liscense plate, around tail lights, front lights, everywhere......The rims.. I blow the motor off as well, open the hood, doors, rear hatch, also shammy dry along with the air hose, When you drive there are no water streeks all over the place where water seeped out from where you didn't get.....The only way to do it, for me...:rolleyes: :headbang: ;) :eater:

OP
OP
A

ACR_VP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd be very interested in running those days... Is there an event or club meeting that weekend or something? I didn't see anything on mid ohio's calendar.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be very interested in running those days... Is there an event or club meeting that weekend or something? I didn't see anything on mid ohio's calendar.

Its with the (PCA) Porsche Club. Great time and fun. More V-10's the better!!! We work this out we might get a real Snake Pit at the track this year :2tu:

I will try and get a link to there website or the registry site for you. I have to sign up myself.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on being there. We should try to get the garages on the end again, #27 and #28. Good place for the "Viper Pit".

Great idea!

Like they said, probably 6-7 weeks before the event, registration will open up. I will pm you both the website:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456