When will we see the 2013 viper?

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know if it will be at any of the big auto shows? It wasn't at Detroit. I havn't heard any news about it recently but id imagine they'd have a concept car done by now to show? anybody know anything :dunno:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would imagine we will not see anything till almost the end of this year. The Car is supposed to be released in the first quarter of 2012 as a '13 model. Chrysler wants to keep the design under wraps as long as possible. Hang in there....:2tu:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think sometime this year since the car will be available for sale next year...

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as the current and future Viper owners want to see the new Viper. Those of us that built them want to get back to building them.
And no, I have not heard anything about when this will happen.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Superbowl Ad idea and maybe they can have the invisible monkey pull off the satin cover just to show PETA that they're irrelevant! Oh better yet, they can use the Bud Clydsedales (sp) with invisible Monkeys riding them.

Regards,
Aaron

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OHHHHHH but wait till you see it!!!!!!!!!!!! life changing event,car is absolutely awesome!
Sorry I'm back in control.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figure when it is released, it will impact the price of Gen IV's. But I wonder if it will do anything to the price of used Gen III's?? If so, I'll probably hold off buying one this summer, and wait for 2012.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figure when it is released, it will impact the price of Gen IV's. But I wonder if it will do anything to the price of used Gen III's?? If so, I'll probably hold off buying one this summer, and wait for 2012.

Dude, if you do that then you will never buy a Viper! There will always be something new coming out. Buy one now as it's the best time to buy one! :drive:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason we won't see anything until the eleventh hour, is that it still takes Dodge 3 years to get from model to production. The importers who copy would have the car in production a year or so before Dodge, albeit with a V8.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, if you do that then you will never buy a Viper! There will always be something new coming out. Buy one now as it's the best time to buy one! :drive:

If you knew me, you wouldn't be worried about me never buying one. lol. I have a bad problem with impulse buying. It is going to make my blood boil to have to wait till 2012 for a viper, but I am really trying to stay away from using credit anymore, and stick with cash purchases. And that might be a stretch this summer.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason we won't see anything until the eleventh hour, is that it still takes Dodge 3 years to get from model to production. The importers who copy would have the car in production a year or so before Dodge, albeit with a V8.

I thought Dodge was one of the better companies at getting concepts to market?? The Challenger concept made it to showroom in no time, whereas the Camaro concept was around for like 3 years before they got it on the showroom floor.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Dodge was one of the better companies at getting concepts to market?? The Challenger concept made it to showroom in no time, whereas the Camaro concept was around for like 3 years before they got it on the showroom floor.

I think the Challenger made it quick because they used the Charger platform and interior. Just a thought. :)

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think there will be a significant change in price on the gen 4s when the new generation rolls out. At least, not because they are out. IMO Gen 5s will be more expensive than the gen 4s were :dunno:

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there will be a significant change in price on the gen 4s when the new generation rolls out. At least, not because they are out. IMO Gen 5s will be more expensive than the gen 4s were :dunno:

Generally anytime a revamp of a vehicle is released, a bunch of people dump their older model to get the new one. Also, it lowers the demand for the older platform, so the prices generally go down. No idea if this will happen for the Viper, but that is how it works with the average automobile.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've been saying that for a little while now. With the promise of "option packages," all the new required nannies, and a better economy, the price will be $120K.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think so! When car companies toute that the difference between a corvette interior and a Porsche 911 interior is $5 difference to make, the cost to actually make the cars is not that great. The price you pay on the cars today, the majority 70% is to fund the marketing programs so we can all see the car in a Superbowl ad, magazines, etc. If Dodge is not going to market the hell out of the car, then the price should not jump up insanely, for a car that will only be selling max around 3,000 copies per year.

As the new GEN V will have to be more PC due to government regulat

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Since the Gen 5 is a MY-2013, we wont see the cars out the door for retail hands til mid-late 2012......at the EARLIEST. Im pretty sure the Assy plant has not even been determined yet. Yes, Dodge has been quick-to-market with concept-to-product in small platform Viper before, but that still took 2.5 years. On Target for Mid-2012 !

Look for a lot of Used Vipers to hit the market in 2012 as trades or private sales....the selloff will begin 6-10 mos before release date. Between now and then, the price could be buoyed a bit due to NO new cars save a very few left...

Last edited:

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Life is too short...I'm driving mine :drive: