1" **** with LC-1

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About to install an Innovate LC-1 in my '01 GTS. The kit came with a 1" tall **** for the Wide Band O2 to be installed in. That seems like an awfully tall ****.:confused: If I use it, the tip of the O2 sensor will be at the edge of the exhaust flow at best. There was something that I read on the Innovate site that implied that the 1" **** was for high performance/muscle cars.

Anybody on here with any knowledge of whether or not I should let the tip of the sensor not be well within the exhaust flow?

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About to install an Innovate LC-1 in my '01 GTS. The kit came with a 1" tall **** for the Wide Band O2 to be installed in. That seems like an awfully tall ****.:confused: If I use it, the tip of the O2 sensor will be at the edge of the exhaust flow at best. There was something that I read on the Innovate site that implied that the 1" **** was for high performance/muscle cars.

Anybody on here with any knowledge of whether or not I should let the tip of the sensor not be well within the exhaust flow?

I don't understand the performance/muscle car thing. I've used the LC-1 on a 496 c.i. big block chevy, my Roe supercharged GTS, turbo 4-******, etc. Installed them all the same way with the tip well in the exhaust stream. The sensors are prone to overheating so the 1" **** might be used for that reason if it's installed in a location that puts it close to an exhaust port or turbo outlet.

I installed mine in the elbow just before the CAT in my GTS using a standard ****. Never had a problem.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is fine, I have the same on my Gen II. I actually have an extension on a non-viper turbo car. That is due to an issue with the pcm setting codes.

Toma

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it the cast aluminum "heat sink" looking ****??

Innovate has/had a problem with heater control and burning out o2 sensors, and this is the reason they came out with the heat sink.

I prefer the tip in the exhaust stream, but life span with the Innovate will be compromised.