WANTED 2005 Commemorative Vert

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brother is looking to jump into the Viper world after toying with lesser cars. (Silly boy)

He really likes the 05 Commemorative (white with blue stripes).

Prefferably 15K miles or less. No stories, as close to stock as possible.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would guess that does seem high for the year. But for obvious reasons, I've kinda kept an eye on what these go for. And it seems they all are retailed for around 50.:dunno:

That's not saying what they sell for. But the special editions do seem to keep a little more value, this edition it seems anyway. Also probably a popular color combo. It was for me anyway.:2tu:

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.... might be tempted to sell. I was just thinking about an '09 new ACR. Mine has less than 5k miles and I'm the original owner. Only additions are 08 - '09 OE hood (I still have the original hood), new unblemished six spoke wheels (still have the original 10 spokes) and two piece drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk pads (still have the original OE rotors and pads). No stories. Send me a PM.

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell your brother he has excellent tastes. My Vibora (#55/100) draws a circle of admirers at every show and cruise. Good luck.

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.... might be tempted to sell. I was just thinking about an '09 new ACR. Mine has less than 5k miles and I'm the original owner. Only additions are 08 - '09 OE hood (I still have the original hood), new unblemished six spoke wheels (still have the original 10 spokes) and two piece drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk pads (still have the original OE rotors and pads). No stories. Send me a PM.

That sounds like a good one to me Pete :2tu:

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actuall bought the one in the classfied. I agree very good taste!

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, very good taste.

Besides being a unique car, other thing about the edition most don't realize is first Gen3 conv with factory stripes, very unique stripe package, and i believe the last 100 2005's made were these cars.

I think only version since to have same stripe package was silver/black 09 VOI package car.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one (05 CE) --bought it new. Beautiful car but after a year wanted another coupe. Wish I still had it. Liked the color combo so much, I bought this:

Last edited:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to my brother, he's looking for a more stock car. He'd prefer 100% stock.

I don't understand (and it is not my business I suppose) but the car is 100% stock when the stock parts are put back on. He has all those parts and it would take less than a day to switch everything back. Can't get much better than a 100% stock car... :dunno:

I am making some changes to my car but all are reversable as I will be saving all the stock parts. If I take them off drive it for a while and then put them back on does that somehow make it not 100% stock? :dunno:

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Geez!!! If he'd rather have a 10k mile plus Commemorative instead of one with less than 5k miles, '08 - '10 stock add-ons (hood and wheels) with the exception of the two-piece rotors which can be switched back to the stock ones, then to each is own.... Also, no scratches, never raced, never driven in the rain, oil (Mobile 1 0W-40) changed at the 500 mile break-in and at 1000 mile intervals thereafter, and all fluids changed last August.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't understand (and it is not my business I suppose) but the car is 100% stock when the stock parts are put back on. He has all those parts and it would take less than a day to switch everything back. Can't get much better than a 100% stock car... :dunno:

I am making some changes to my car but all are reversable as I will be saving all the stock parts. If I take them off drive it for a while and then put them back on does that somehow make it not 100% stock? :dunno:

I don't understand it either. :dunno:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez!!! If he'd rather have a 10k mile plus Commemorative instead of one with less than 5k miles, '08 - '10 stock add-ons (hood and wheels) with the exception of the two-piece rotors which can be switched back to the stock ones, then to each is own.... Also, no scratches, never raced, never driven in the rain, oil (Mobile 1 0W-40) changed at the 500 mile break-in and at 1000 mile intervals thereafter, and all fluids changed last August.

Perhaps he wants to buy a commemorative in the condition it came from the factory, especially since it is a "special" editiion?
IMO Modding a "collectable" version Viper is a questionable pursuit since no one is going to want to pay for them at resale time and it isn't a commemorative anymore as issued with your hood and wheels.
Your addons may be stock items, but not on an '05.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to die laughing at his idiotic statement.

I agree, it's not like it is supercharged or anything. Heck it's a hood and rotors... good grief. I'd rather have them the the OEM parts anyway, and it's a 1 day job to switch back.

Takes all kinds!! :rolaugh:

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Flexx91,

Take a day, install the stock parts that you kept for the car. Then sell it to the interested party. He will now have a 100% stock car.
Then sell the great addons that you have and make some additional $$$. They should be really easy to move.

I dont understand why some people dont get how easy it would be to re-install the stock parts that you still have. Besides they are probably in great shape, since they havent been on the car for the full 5K miles

If I was in the market for a CE, I would be all over you car, especially since you saved the parts that you took off of it.

Hey, if he doesnt see the value, he doesnt deserve your car. Good luck selling it if you decide to.

My take,

Matt

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to die laughing at his idiotic statement.

I agree, it's not like it is supercharged or anything. Heck it's a hood and rotors... good grief. I'd rather have them the the OEM parts anyway, and it's a 1 day job to switch back.

Takes all kinds!! :rolaugh:

I'm an idiot because I'm not interested in this car? Ok. I'll buy what I want, you buy what you want.

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to my brother, he's looking for a more stock car. He'd prefer 100% stock.

I dont think anyone is calling you or your brother an idiot. I personally just reacted to the above statement since the car in question really is/can be 100% stock (not sure how it can be more than 100%) and with some great parts to go with it. besides it sounds like it has been cared for as well as anyone could ask for.

But then again, you are absolutely right....to each his own and if you guys dont think this particular car is the one, then hopefully you will find the one that will be just right.

Bottom line is. Somebody new is looking to join the Viper nation, and thats all good.

Good luck.

Matt

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perhaps he wants to buy a commemorative in the condition it came from the factory, especially since it is a "special" editiion?
IMO Modding a "collectable" version Viper is a questionable pursuit since no one is going to want to pay for them at resale time and it isn't a commemorative anymore as issued with your hood and wheels.
Your addons may be stock items, but not on an '05.

Perhaps you didn't quite read all of my post. It said I still have all of the original parts. I refuse to sell them because if wanted/needed the car restored to its original configuration, I still can.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps you didn't quite read all of my post. It said I still have all of the original parts. I refuse to sell them because if wanted/needed the car restored to its original configuration, I still can.

Hey Flexx, if he wants it bone stock, I'll buy the 2008 hood from you after you throw the factory one back on.

I'll take the rotors too.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth