***Viper GTS Bass Solution - "Frog Box" - teaser pics***

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be posting this in the SRT section as well, because I would like to eventually provide something for the SRT folks as well in the future.

*REMEMBER* This kit slides right into your car in a matter of seconds and can be removed just as easy when you want to go to the track. Also, is keeps the spare tire in place for the safety of a rear end collision, preventing the gas tank from rupturing!

OK folks, you asked for it. It's 3:30pm Saturday and still haven't had anything to eat because I am really excited to post up some pics of a semi-final product for the "Stage 1" kit. It has been 1 month since I first came up with a concept to help us Viper guys get some Bass and it has been a very loooong month with many trials and error to make this the best solution to the problem with many other benefits. This will use your stock amp so there is no need to spend money on another amp unless you want to. I did a little re-thinking and brainstorming with friends and feel like this is a good way to name these kits below. I will probably be calling these the "Frog Box" and have a few different stages, with options for each stage. I will probably be moving this concept forward into other vehicles as well, like SRT 10's and possibly other high end cars as well. So I may be providing a "Frog Box" for the SRT 10, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Corvette. We shall see where this goes and if I have the time / resources to make this happen for other cars.

Stage 1 - Basic box, carpeted or wrapped in vinyl or leather. Will be able to do custom orders for this but basic black fabric will probably be the norm. With the speakers included, this will be about $500 and plug directly in to your stock amp to enhance the lacking bass and be nice enough to show off. Total weight of this kit with the speakers is 38lbs.

Stage 2 - This will have a fiberglass top instead of fabric. The subwoofers will be elevated and angled to bring out the custom styling you would expect from a custom subwoofer installation. This will look much more professional and be painted to match your cars color or possibly even be wrapped for custom options. This will also run off the stock amp and I expect this to weigh around 40lbs.

Stage 3 - Will be exactly like the Stage 2, but will have a fiberglass mount on top, in the middle for the amplifier, matching the styling of the subwoofers with a VERY custom look, pushing some serious bass through your Viper. This will be a bit overkill but will be alot of fun.

ok, here we go with pictures. I'll try to explain a few details when necessary about the pics. Don't mind my dusty car... It was a sacrifice I made to get something built for you guys!

*NOTE* Some pictures were taken with the flash on and off, to see the differences.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! SO light!

The box will have carpet / fabric all around the sides to prevent scraping on your trunk area parts. I didn't apply this at the moment because I wanted to get pics posted.

All boxes will have poly-fill included, to help with the bass.

Caulking will be done on the inside AND the outside of the box for the best seal and best BASS!

Spring terminals will be installed for easy, quick connections.

A few pics of a typical day in the garage....

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good, what model of those JL audios are you including?

2 things, is there a space for air to pass easily next to the box to allow the doors to close without creating issues? (the vents have to allow air out of the cabin)

And are you going to have and handles installed?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad someone took the initiative and got something like this in the works.

When you do the SRT cars, are you planning on doing a smaller box, to house one 10", for example? I still do legitimately need some space in the back, besides a huge speaker box, no matter how nice it looks

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good, what model of those JL audios are you including?

2 things, is there a space for air to pass easily next to the box to allow the doors to close without creating issues? (the vents have to allow air out of the cabin)

And are you going to have and handles installed?

Thanks. They are the new WX models that are super light and require little power to push them. I hear you about the air issue for pressure but it's perfectly fine as it sits now. Doors and hatch close fine without bursting your ears. We are talking about a solution for "handles" but still working on that. We have a pretty cool idea for handles that will compliment the rest of the design but still working on that. Thanks for the input!

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad someone took the initiative and got something like this in the works.

When you do the SRT cars, are you planning on doing a smaller box, to house one 10", for example? I still do legitimately need some space in the back, besides a huge speaker box, no matter how nice it looks

Thanks! I am actually working on a smaller single 12" sub design for the GTS now and will duplicate the design for SRT's as well. Seems like trunk space is the major factor in this from all the feedback today, so I am pushing forward on this to get something out quickly. I already have a really good idea in mind and will have something out soon. Working on it tonight as a matter of fact!