Custom rear diffuser 1996-2002 Viper

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We recently installed the production GTSR Street Viper front splitter and side splitters to a Gen 2 Viper and the customer expressed an interest in a subtle rear diffuser to go with the package. One of our customer's works with aluminum and came up with this nice bolt on rear diffuser. It is functional but mostly cosmetic and adds a nice understated touch to the car.

You must be registered for see images attach

They are hand made (priced to reflect this) and powdercoated black, they can be painted or polished as well.

$799----- Allow one week to ship.

Feel free to call.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I need to add something here. We can make these to your specifications. If you want the rear strikers flat or more rounded we can make changes to the design.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look great!!

What exactly does the front and side splitters look like?

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will get some pictures of the side splitters and front splitter off the GTSR production car. They are available through Partsrack.

The blades are very firm and do not move around, so I do not think there will be any paint issues. We could add a rubber strip if needed.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bonus: In addition to having more rear grip, and the racey look, adding these diffusers will result in LESS DUST and GRIME being deposited on the rear tail panel of your GTS.....Really!!

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bonus: In addition to having more rear grip, and the racey look, adding these diffusers will result in LESS DUST and GRIME being deposited on the rear tail panel of your GTS.....Really!!
I have an rt/10 but that's why im thinking of getting one. :D

Dan can you post a side shot of the whole car?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here are some shots of the front and side splitters! They add a nice touch.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think its a great rear diffuser option but honestly $799 is priced way to high, if you want to move these to more than a few owners it needs to be priced around $400 at most, I know the other diffusers on the market are at or around this price point but that is why you dont see them on vipers :dunno:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, is the front splitter functional? Does it aid in downforce and is there any special mounting needed to install it? Is it safe for track speeds? Thx - Tony

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Point well taken, but as these are hand made and low production it is hard to give volume pricing.

The front splitter is functional and came standard on the GTSR street edition. Safe for the track as well.

Parts Rack has them in stock.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics I'm gonna get one.
Maybe we could get a group buy and get the price down?
I'm in for sure :)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Point well taken, but as these are hand made and low production it is hard to give volume pricing.

The front splitter is functional and came standard on the GTSR street edition. Safe for the track as well.

Parts Rack has them in stock.

Sorry Dan, I assumed this was a custom design and read over the fact that it's the GTSR splitter. BTW, I think the side splitters and rear diffuser look great. :2tu:

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics I'm gonna get one.
Maybe we could get a group buy and get the price down?
I'm in for sure :)

Someone is selling this diffuser on eBay for $600 plus shipping. In their sales history the same seller just sold one for $500. If the auction seller IS the manufacturer, that is not the way to do business and undercut your dealers, DC should be pissed. If the auction seller is not the manufacturer and a parts vendor like what DC is doing, maybe DC can get some price matching going for us?

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone is selling this diffuser on eBay for $600 plus shipping. In their sales history the same seller just sold one for $500. If the auction seller IS the manufacturer, that is not the way to do business and undercut your dealers, DC should be pissed. If the auction seller is not the manufacturer and a parts vendor like what DC is doing, maybe DC can get some price matching going for us?

All I can say is...Wow! If you only knew what happens behind the scenes with some of the vendors on this site. :omg: Believe me...that is the standard operating environment (SOE). ;)

Last edited:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that ebay seller only has a couple. If they were the manufacturer they would have listed more than one available at a time

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that ebay seller only has a couple. If they were the manufacturer they would have listed more than one available at a time

The seller listed 9 available in a previous auction that sold for $500.00. Doesn't mean it's a manufacturer, could be a copy cat.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone buy it yet? Looking for some hands on feedback. I don't think the eBay listing is a copy. Could be wrong, but it is exact to the one in DC photos.

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can someone send me a link to this? I have not seen it before. Our diffuser is made by one of our customers and our pricing is more than what you are listing.

Last edited:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can it be ordered for the same price without the opening on the bottom for the exhaust? I have side exhaust..

martymrgrin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking to see if I can get some info on the front and side splitters?
I tried to PM you, but your box is full.
Please message me or call Marty @ 704-345-7583

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets