Matte Black GTS

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my new paint job. This is my second viper. I have wanted one since I was about 8 years old and seen the concept in 89, and the release in 92ish. I orginally purchased a RT and rebuilt it. Sold that one and purchased this GTS in LA. The car was orginally gloss black, but the paint had a few flaws for being 10+ years old.

Anyways its painted Matte Black, and is a 99. I have HRE 895R's 20" all the way around going on in the spring, and looking for some eibach drop springs.

I know its not the paint job everyone will love, but I love it! I have redone a lot of custom sport bikes, and though about getting this car done white, but went to sema in 2010 and loved a lot of the matte paint jobs I seen.

Anyways hope you guys like it, and if not too bad for you!

Any Michigan Viper owners have a drive set up for Mackinaw for 2011???

-Tim

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!! And yes very very cold here. Lucky for me the garage is heated!!!

Anyways thinking about joing as a VCA/Venom member can anyone tell me the benefits?? I read threw it and see the obvious, but anything else?

Also what does the $1,000,000 coverage actually cover. I know it doesn't cover track stuff, but I think my own insurance will cover anything else....right?

-Tim

V

Venomiss

Thanks!! And yes very very cold here. Lucky for me the garage is heated!!!

Anyways thinking about joing as a VCA/Venom member can anyone tell me the benefits?? I read threw it and see the obvious, but anything else?

Also what does the $1,000,000 coverage actually cover. I know it doesn't cover track stuff, but I think my own insurance will cover anything else....right?

-Tim

Venom will get you a better deal if you are purchasing multiple raffle tickets for the next viper being raffled here. You must be a VCA member to purchase tickets.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. Does it have a clear coat like 'regular' paint? I thought the clear coat may add some lustre, but maybe not...I guess it is called 'clear' coat. :D

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. Does it have a clear coat like 'regular' paint? I thought the clear coat may add some lustre, but maybe not...I guess it is called 'clear' coat. :D

Yeah it has a clear, its called a Matte Clear. Its pretty simple to maintain (although I have only washed the car once) just spray off and wipe down. Its actually easier to maintain then gloss in my opinion.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats bad ass= now you need some carbon fibre stuff and black chrome wheels:drive:

Jon Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! looks really mean...I love it. I too have a Satin finished RT/10 (snake skin green). The look is unique, but it's proving a tough sell now that we want to sell it. My advice: if you ever want to sell, repaint to stock :p

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would look even more stunning with dual gloss black stripes and black rims.

Bruce

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I'm not feeling it. It just looks like a car running around in primer to me. Don't mean to bash you, that's just how it looks to me. As long as you like it, that's all that really matters. To each his own. ;)
:drive:

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eater:Okay, here are some updates. Put my markers back in, and got the wheels done. These are good enough to hold me over until I get my other two HRE's, and eibachs in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper