Finally a Viper owner

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have wanted a GTS Coupe since the first time I saw one at a Dodge dealership in 1996, and finally I purchased my first Viper last week. A 2001 ACR in Sapphire Blue. I absolutely love the car and look forward to becoming very active in the VCA.

You must be registered for see images

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood, where do you reside? Love your screen name, had a 72 Dodge Charger, sure do miss that ride! Get ready for every 20something with a sports car wanting to race you and women asking to go for rides!:D Jeff

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait I'm a 20something :) (27). Thanks for the welcome. I think I am going to like it on here. My wife and I had a great time at the Nor Cal VCA meeting last night with Maurice and the gang (although we have been hanging out with the Nor Cal VCA for the last year and put on a great joint Nor Cal VCA, Mopar Alley and Nor Cal Challenger car show at Normandin Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram with over 100 cars in attendance). My first car was a 72 Challenger (which I still have). I live in Sunnyvale California. I have been a car nut my entire life and got into Mopars from show like Nash Bridges and Viper. I spent the last 2 years as the president of Mopar Alley a Mopar club in Santa Clara County with over 170 members. We put on a huge all Mopar show the first Sunday in June at Ohlone College in Fremont which is a lot of fun.

I absolutely love my ACR and can't wait to start modifying it, next week I am going to order a first strike shift knob from MGW and new shift boot and e brake boot from Redline Goods.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm Norcal as well, I'm a new member, Nov 2010, didn't hear anything about the Norcal VCA meeting. I'm still new at this club thing. I'm just West of Sacramento. Hope to see you around. Take care. Jeff

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing you at future events. There is a Sacramento region Viper Club. I believe Tom Vona is the president, they are a sub group of the Nor Cal VCA.

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I love it. I am planning on putting silver stripes on it some time this year (vinyl for now, maybe paint in the future)

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I love it. I am planning on putting silver stripes on it some time this year (vinyl for now, maybe paint in the future)

Welcome to the VCA. Just my 2 cents about the vinyl stripes on a Viper. Don't do it...Wait until you can have them painted on. All Vipers stripes are painted on so I would just leave it alone for now. It is a beautiful Viper already. My OPINION!!! :nono: :rolleyes: :eater:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL car!!!

I took the liberty of making that great picture your avatar, but you're certainly welcome to change it to any other Viper themed photo if you prefer.

Welcome to the club!

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. As for the stripes I originally planned on just painting the stripes on the car, but the more I look at the car I have decided that in a few years I am just going to repaint the entire car, so why go through the extra expense and paint stripes twice, which is why I decided to go vinyl for now. I know that no Viper came with vinyl stripes from the factory (reason I was planning on painting stripes in the first place) but it just doesn't make sense to spend the extra money, and I don't want to repaint the car right now.

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided since it was nice out I would take some pictures of my Viper.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, and welcome to the club :2tu: Maybe one day, I can add a Gen II to the collection, this would be the way to go GTS/ACR :headbang: Excellent Choice, enjoy her:)

tpduke112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Lower her a bit.I just lowered mine and it looks alot better.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club my sapphire brother. :) I say leave her the way she is. Stunning looking ACR!!

P1000493.JPG

tpduke112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
horrible cell pics, but I went out and snapped a couple of my car to show you what it would look like lowered a bit. black acr with chromed wheels. I probably had them drop it 3/4 of an inch and it is still settling.

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be lowering it in a little while. I assume since it has adjustable coil-overs lowering it is pretty easy. I will probably take it in to the dealer and have it lowered and have them redo the wheel alignment. When the dealer took the car in on trade the car was so low they couldn't drive it onto their lifts and had to raise it so they could work on it and inspect it, don't think I want to go that low, but definitely lower than it is now.

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have owned my Viper for about a month now, and I think I am in trouble. I keep finding really cool things to buy for the car, memorabilia to put in my place and apparel. Just the other day I discovered the Viper pinball machine and I have to get one. I think I have a problem :D

As for the car, I love it more now then when I picked it up. The car is just an absolute dream come true. It's like the Harley saying, if I had to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand.