Midwest Zone Rendezvous Aug 12-14, 2011

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA Ohio Region Proudly Presents:

The Viper Club of America's Midwest Zone Rendezvous Aug 12-14, 2011!

You must be registered for see images attach

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Count us in, just marked on the calander. Pm any more detials if possible fees, times, etc.

Its going to be a great Viper year :headbang:

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I would think as far east that Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Ontario, etc. are, is that it would be an Eastern Zone and the coastal states be an Mid Atlantic Zone. ??

Anyway, at the VCA National President's meeting in Scottsdale last month, the attending Midwest Zone Presidents and the Midwest Zone Director asked Ohio to host the rendezvous because of the great venue with the Mopar Nationals at National Trail Raceway. They asked Ohio if we would host it and I said yes we would.

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote for Kansas City 2013! See if the Kansas club will sponsor and support it. Need a drag race course, auto cross course, some type of cruise for the non-racers, food, goodie bags, T-shirts etc. etc. You also need a lot of volunteer man power! It helps if you can coordinate with some other type of event with 30,000-40,000 or so other people around and several thousand other cars, swap meet, racing etc. etc. Mopar Nationals is a "normal" event for Ohio and it's very easy for us to incorporate the Rendezvous, as we did a couple years ago, Just my opinion!

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Don't forget guys, we're planning a Des Moines event that will include a road course and several kick ass photo ops. Digital photos go free to all entrants and hopefully an event shirt as well. Much more info to come. and I expect to see you there Robert!!!!

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the information and form for the Midwest Zone Rendezvous. I was able to get the prices even lower than when we had it 2 years ago.

These prices include Friday box lunch for the road tour, Saturday Lunch and Dinner in the Jegs Suite, Sunday lunch at the autocross site, and a embroidered polo shirt! Even the host hotel, Columbus Airport Marriott, gave us two free breakfasts with each room.

Obviously, we are not looking to make a profit with these prices. We (VCA Ohio Region) decided to make this event as affordable as possible for all VCA members. With the economy and the gas prices the way they are, we kept the price as low as we could. :drive::2tu:

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RACE PROGRAM

Drag Racing
The racing program will follow our traditional index format. Viper owners can pick their class based on half second increments. The index classes will range from 8 seconds to 13.5 seconds. Competitors in the first rounds will initially be paired with cars in the same class (i.e. 12.5 vs. 12.5) until one car remains. If there is only one car per class they will race other cars using class’s indexes as a handicap. Eliminations will continue using class handicaps until a winner is determined. Break out rule applies. Too fast and you’re out. Does not apply on single runs or when your opponent has been disqualified. Lane choice or Bye Runs (one bye per event) will be determined by the competitor who ran closest to their index in the previous round.

Races will be run on a FULL tree. The Ohio VCA and Viper Club of America Midwest region will provide a purse of $1000. Winner $500, RU $250 and Low ET on OEM tires $250* . *Special awards (time slips) must be verified by Ohio VCA. Must be a production Viper, V10 Powered.
Time trials are scheduled on Friday (three) and Saturday morning (two). Eliminations will take place 3 PM Saturday afternoon. Check you race entry form (given at the gate when registering) to determine when the Vipers will be called for time trials and racing. The various classes will be cycled through the same each time.

NOTE:
NHRA SAFTEY RULES APPLY. (BRING YOUR HELMET AND SAFTETY EQUIP as it applies to your ET)
Use the if they don’t ask, don’t tell approach to questions on your ET.
RACE TRAILERS PARKING WILL BE ADJACENT TO THE VIPER TENT..

Back Again for 2011 is Autocross

On Sunday we will have an Autocross competition for Vipers at Indian Mound Mall. The event will be run by the local SCCA. The classes will be limited to STOCK which is any Viper using OEM tires (Michelin Original Equipment tires or aftermarket replacements. NO soft compound “R” tires like Kumho, Toyo, BFG, Hoosier or Sport Pilot) and MODIFIED for non OEM tires (Anything goes, Also Note 08 & 09 .ACRs run in Modified)
Trophies to be awarded to 1st , 2nd and 3rd place winners.

SPECIAL AWARD
$250 TO THE COMBINED LOW ET IN DRAG RACING AND AUTOX.

Participating cars MUST run on the same setup in both events!
Participants must declare their intentions to compete prior to the first drag past. . Cars drag racing can make a pass on the drag strip with the tires they plan to use in AutoX and change back to a slick or drag radial for the drag competition.
Your ET slip AND set up must be verified by the Ohio VCA (Paul Suloff) to be eligible!

Questions? Look for Paul Suloff at the Viper Tent on Friday.

CAR SHOW

Car Show judging will take place at the Viper Tent on Saturday afternoon. Classes consist of Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3 and Gen 4. Plaques will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the information and form for the Midwest Zone Rendezvous. I was able to get the prices even lower than when we had it 2 years ago.

These prices include Friday box lunch for the road tour, Saturday Lunch and Dinner in the Jegs Suite, Sunday lunch at the autocross site, and a embroidered polo shirt! Even the host hotel, Columbus Airport Marriott, gave us two free breakfasts with each room.

Obviously, we are not looking to make a profit with these prices. We (VCA Ohio Region) decided to make this event as affordable as possible for all VCA members. With the economy and the gas prices the way they are, we kept the price as low as we could. :drive::2tu:

Just a reminder:

"Deadline: Entries must be made by June 30th, 2011. After June 30th until July 30th add $15 to entry fee(s)."

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is in too :2tu:

Robert are you coming in for the Thursday evening pre-mopar nats get together?? I'll start that thread in a few weeks to get the details out there for people.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet! I said I would start it soon. Try to contain your excitement a little bit :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper