ACRX Headers

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm considering getting ACRX headers. What sounds better with the headers, the stock muffler or the Corsa? I have 2.5 Corsas on the car. Thanks

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have m&m's on my geniii and mopar track exhaust no cats, sounds totally awesome!

--FQB

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug if your going to have me do the install then it will be belangers. And we could do either the Corsa of Belanger cat back. Easier to install I feel.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DPViper, call WillieP at Woodhouse. He has the X headers with OEM mufflers and says he likes the sound. I think MarkJ said there isn't that much of a power gain by changing to Corsa or others once you install the headers. I talked with Bernie at Tomball and he said they had been doing a lot of the header installs using the OEM mufflers.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that you will throw a CEL with the Belangers but not with the ACRX headers. This is of course unless you have the Mopar controller. Apparently it has something to do with the placement of the O2 sensors. The ACRX headers put the O2 sensor in the collector so that the computer is seeing all cylinders just like a stock exhaust. The others don't and the stock PCM doesn't like this. Dan at DC Performance told me that you will for sure see a CEL with Belanger headers on a Gen 4, it is just a matter of when.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exhaust is a personal preference for sound and there are several that sound like UPS trucks. I like the sound of the American Racing headers with a single CAT delete through factory mufflers.

Bruce

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a couple of sound bites gentlemen of ACRX =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= with high flow cats & Mopar muffler with 2.5" finished pipe diameter (OEM).

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45zzkFuumOk[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkwX71S4pUs[/media]

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER= :usa:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that you will throw a CEL with the Belangers but not with the ACRX headers. This is of course unless you have the Mopar controller. Apparently it has something to do with the placement of the O2 sensors. The ACRX headers put the O2 sensor in the collector so that the computer is seeing all cylinders just like a stock exhaust. The others don't and the stock PCM doesn't like this. Dan at DC Performance told me that you will for sure see a CEL with Belanger headers on a Gen 4, it is just a matter of when.

Not true. M&M headers have the 02 sensor in the collector also!:dunno:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug if your going to have me do the install then it will be belangers. And we could do either the Corsa of Belanger cat back. Easier to install I feel.

The Seinfeld Show had "The Soup ****".

The VCA has Tom Sessions, "The Header ****".

Pick the wrong header and it's "NO HEADERS FOR YOU!" :nono:

Very interesting business philosophy when dealing with clients that have above average means, wants and education. :2tu:

Cheers,
George

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have them in Black and they look wicked under the hood (IMHO ). Have the stock exhaust at present and it sounds killer. I will likely add a Corsa later, as I love those pipes , but just couldn't do it all at once since I bought a set of extra rims from VPA right before I got the Bad Boyzzz Garage tubes!!!

The thing I really like about the system is that is screams at the track , but is not that obnoxious driving on the street. My wife says it rattles the dishes when I start it up in the garage ,but frankly I find that kind of ...................COOL !! Drove it all the way back from VOI -10 , and in a ******** the noise from the back ( no carpeting ,etc. ) was annoying , and the sweet sounds of the BBGs actually was the only music I had --- course the fact that a ******** does not have a radio also explains that. :headbang:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a Gen 4 the only Amercian Racing Header available is the Bad Boyzz Series ACR-X header, period.....what kind of header are you talking about? :dunno:

George

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
M&M headers are smokin' too!:2tu::D

M&M headers on the quickest n/a Gen4 Viper in the 1/4 mile and fastest n/a Gen4 Viper in the standing mile! Stock engine, trans, and rearend. :2tu:

Last edited:
Reaction score

Omega

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a corsa 2.5 exhaust with American Racing 5/8 1 3/4 headers, Like sound!! the sound is good and not too hard thanks to anti-drone system

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look here.... DODGE VIPER GEN 4 - ACRX RACE HEADERS - eBay (item 120674362750 end time Jan-25-11 14:13:23 PST)

I was outbid by $10 on that set. Stll not sure WHO made them. They look exactly like the American Racing Headers "Bad Boyzz" series but they don't have the name plate welded on the primary tube like the real ones.

Chinese or not, they still look good and ported well also.
I bought the same set for my gen4 and they look fantastic.
I can post pics when finished, with heat wrap on them.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow VCA Members Domestic & Abroad,

We want to chime in here to state facts only:

I have been handling issues with VCA members over the past several months with problems they are having with these Chinese copies of our OEM ACRX Headers. Consumers have been misled into purchasing these headers under the impression that they are getting a great deal on a real American Racing Headers product only to be surprised, angered & completely unhappy with a poor attempt at good old American Header Technology! Keep in mind our Viper ACRX =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= Headers are manufactured to the highest domestic standards utilizing U.S. 304 stainless steel and state of the art bending equipment.

Please note that the Ebay photos of the ACRX headers are showing a photograph of our 5 into 1 merge collector "NOT" the Chinese collector which has misled (Dooped) the consumer with out doubt into purchasing a set!

I highly recommend that anyone who has purchased a set of these headers contact me directly and discuss our resolution program. I will definetly help you resolve your current delema and put you into a set of the "Real Deal" ACRX Headers (for that needed piece of mind).

Thanks for your consideration,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President
[email protected]
(916) 505-9026

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Below is what a Fellow VCA Member recieved when his shipment arrived just recently:

Primary Tubes with Chinese version of precision port work? Definetly Sub-Standard!

Collector with a NON-FUNCTIONING SPIKE! Very Crued looking & we have no clue what this is? It's definetly not from any racing technology that we have ever seen!

Another picture of the NON-FUNCTIONING Collector?

Another primary tube with Chinese Version of precision port work! Again Sub-Standard!

Last edited:

Omega

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wwwwwwwwwowwwwwwww... It's very ugly!! Chinese copies are often poor imitations .. Losing money asses!

Some American parts product are not great either;)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chinese or not, they still look good and ported well also.
I bought the same set for my gen4 and they look fantastic.
I can post pics when finished, with heat wrap on them.

you were the same guy that was going to do Bypass exhaust screamer valves...lol

these headers are obviously junk and no comparison to the american racing headers, but you keep telling yourself they are great, just like the screamer valves.