Recent Viper crash in Miami on Route 1

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, Dave....reports are only as good as the witnesses/ responders generally...point taken. And, I only commented on the gender thing, because someone else raised it. Gender, for me, is not an issue here.

Just voicing my opinion based on others' comments.

:D

LOL, we were both typing at the same time, my comments were general, not in response to your comments. Hadn't seen yours when I said what I said about gender.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, man......think I'm done for the day...

Have a good one!!!!

:D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also fail to see how gender has come into play here. When a man does something stupid and crashes/kills/injures he will be chastised here just like this lady is by some for the high heels thing.

Wrong. The speculation here immediatly turned about face when it turned out to be a woman driving. Look at the recent fatality in CT. Here was a guy who witnesses heard accelerating downhill on wet/icy road and killed himself. (RIP). But post after post was don't jump to conclusions, bad tires, meteor shower and yes, the "deer" excuse. In that case there were obvious skid marks and ear witnesses. But very few said it was his fault. In this case...woman driver, lets find out what she did wrong. It HAD to be her fault.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone even consider the ever popular "road debris" possibility? Heck just driving last night I about lost it careening away from a strip of tractor tire tread in the roadway (more like most of the damn'd tire). Idiots ahead of me just drove right over it kicking it all around in front of me. Usually anyone with a clue tend to swerve, brake, or do something to indicate there is something in the roadway up ahead...

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wrong. The speculation here immediatly turned about face when it turned out to be a woman driving. Look at the recent fatality in CT. Here was a guy who witnesses heard accelerating downhill on wet/icy road and killed himself. (RIP). But post after post was don't jump to conclusions, bad tires, meteor shower and yes, the "deer" excuse. In that case there were obvious skid marks and ear witnesses. But very few said it was his fault. In this case...woman driver, lets find out what she did wrong. It HAD to be her fault.

The guy in CT just killed himself. This woman killed 2 others.

Just saying.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stupid video, waste of my time should have been edited to 5 seconds.

Second everyone defending high heels or whatever or just plain ********. Have a close family member (my dad) killed in a auto accident by a careless driver and your whole outlook will change on crap like this. All of you should be thinking of the two people that died for no reason & thoughts should be with there family. And pray that someday your not on either side of this story, because it will only take you or someone else 2 wrong seconds and this could be your story.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread illustrates exactly why the front pages of our daily newspapers feature "Paris Hilton" rather than events in Egypt, starvation and disease in Africa or the deaths of thousands of soldiers in 2 ongoing wars.

What the hell is all the speculation fascination? Despite the claim, there no real value in learning all the intricate facts of the accident. Teaching ladies not to drive in high heels? That's absurd on so many levels. Perhaps the only lesson that can be learned is that driving can be dangerous, so be alert, cautious and careful. Did you need this accident to learn that? Done. That's the story here.

There's nothing to be learned or gained from this tragedy other than to examine and assign appropriate fault in order to distribute financial compensation. If that's not your interest, then you’re simply curiosity mongering over the grave mistakes of others that cause injury and death.

Pick up and pitch into an Enquirer to satisfy yourself rather than play this shameless game of curiosity under the guise of becoming a better and safer Viper driver.

No doubt the families and acquaintances of all involved would be consoled by all your touching interest and posts.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow it went from blameing high heels to spankings, very entertaining the public is...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^ City that could be said about every thread in this forum :rolleyes:

People use these forums for technical reasons yes, but nearly all of the questions have been answered. Yet we all still jump in to help as plum tells the OP to use the search. :D

The other 95% of this car forum and I'm sure others is entertainment. Gawking at this tragedy is what we as humans do.

So, you are correct that we are gawkers, not helping a damn thing, etc, and I'm saying that if it weren't for people gawking or pursuing entertainment we could just let this forum turn in to a read only technical library to cover the answers to all of the already asked questions.

Now what?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^ City that could be said about every thread in this forum :rolleyes:

People use these forums for technical reasons yes, but nearly all of the questions have been answered. Yet we all still jump in to help as plum tells the OP to use the search. :D

The other 95% of this car forum and I'm sure others is entertainment. Gawking at this tragedy is what we as humans do.

So, you are correct that we are gawkers, not helping a damn thing, etc, and I'm saying that if it weren't for people gawking or pursuing entertainment we could just let this forum turn in to a read only technical library to cover the answers to all of the already asked questions.

Now what?

LOL Your words occured to me as I was writing, Dave. I guess I was disturbed by 2 specific issues:
  1. This involved deaths
  2. There is suggestion that interest is for "rightious" purposes
Guess my annoyance is due mostly to the lack of honesty regarding intent. That's been pretty much a serious problem of mine for some time. Been rather "peaked" as of late with life as a VCA member.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
R.I.P. to the older couple. Wrong place at the wrong time. Bummer.

Unfortunately, I have more bad news for everyone:
Your work boots and dress shoes all have heels.

Don't worry though: I won't drive in my Bruno Magli's.

...I'm saying that if it weren't for people gawking or pursuing entertainment we could just let this forum turn in to a read only technical library to cover the answers to all of the already asked questions.
I run a forum that is exactly as you described: 100% technical. No "Misc" or "Other" sections. It basically runs itself. 5 years; zero problems.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. No one cut her off.

2. Three employees of the car wash saw her get in the car and drive away with her shoes on. I spoke to all three.

Neither of the above facts are speculation. They are facts.

As I said above, I am aware of other facts including the identity of the driver. It is not appropriate to disclose them here.

I think the story is important to VCA members and enthusiasts. Two people were killed. The story may offend some. I apologize for that. However, no one forced them to read this thread or, once they did, to continue reading additional posts. They had to take the affirmative, voluntary action of clicking on the thread.

That is a tremendous amount of speculation derived from absolutely no known facts.
How come in every instance of a (male) Viper driver involved in an accident people here are always rushing to the drivers defense (it was a deer, it was a wet road, it was the tires).
But in this case with no facts except she was at the car wash and allegedly had high heels on (or off) she was totally at fault and guilty.
Maybe someone cut here off.
Who said she had the shoes on? Maybe she had to avoid something.
If it was a male it would have been a deer's fault?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said above, I am aware of other facts including the identity of the driver. It is not appropriate to disclose them here.
I'm sure the Lady driving the Viper must be feeling awful, Now before she's Hung,Drawn and Quartered on here :nono: just wondered, is she a VCA member?

Yes, sometimes we all make the odd mistake, but lets wait for the full enquiry in this case, You never know, something may have broke on the car causing it to jump the meridian ;)

I remember driving my old 76 Camaro in the 80's, as I turned the corner the power steering belt snapped, I was not expecting it and Jumped the curb before I could straighten out the car :( I ended up denting the front wing on a lamp post, luckily that was it but it could have been a lot worse if people had been walking by!
Lets wait for the judgement ;)

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will speculate that regarding an accident involving a Viper and a Prius driven by an older couple - you can guarantee assumptions are being made about who is at fault before any evidence is retrieved. It will, no doubt, be subconciously assumed that the Viper driver is at fault. This will bias the "facts" right off the get go. Fast flashy car vs. quiet responsible slow Prius. Unfortunately this is how life works.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The comments above about gender bias in threads concerning accidents is not consistent with the reality of the threads on similar subjects on this Forum. For example, review the thread regarding the Hulk's son's accident.

I will not disclose anything about the driver's identity or any other additional facts known to me. Enough has been disclosed to put people on notice of what happened. We have young, new enthusiasts looking at our Forum on a continuous basis. They have not read the past threads. They do not know about things such as "Viper bite". They do not know that the Viper, at least so far, has no nanny tech. Threads like this, at least for some, are educational and a warning. Others are just gawkers as stated above. However this Forum is dedicated to everything concerning Vipers - not the events in Egypt and not world hunger which certainly are more important but not directly relevant to Vipers. But everyone is free to start a thread about both subjects in the non Viper topic subforum created for this purpose.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper jumped an elevated center median into oncoming traffic. This is a fact. Please read the posts above. Quite a few facts are known.

I will speculate that regarding an accident involving a Viper and a Prius driven by an older couple - you can guarantee assumptions are being made about who is at fault before any evidence is retrieved. It will, no doubt, be subconciously assumed that the Viper driver is at fault. This will bias the "facts" right off the get go. Fast flashy car vs. quiet responsible slow Prius. Unfortunately this is how life works.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper jumped an elevated center median into oncoming traffic. This is a fact. Please read the posts above. Quite a few facts are known.

I am not disputing facts with you Bob. You have the facts - I don't. I am making a statement of how people think in general.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not here to condemn anyone about their choice of attire to wear,but i would hope people will use more common sense when driving one of these cars . I don't know if her heels even played a part in this terrible crash,but people died and that's as bad as it gets. God bless them. Be careful people!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>I will speculate that regarding an accident involving a Viper and a Prius driven by an older couple - you can guarantee assumptions are being made about who is at fault before any evidence is retrieved. It will, no doubt, be subconciously assumed that the Viper driver is at fault. This will bias the "facts" right off the get go. Fast flashy car vs. quiet responsible slow Prius. Unfortunately this is how life works.<<<

The Viper went out of control - not the Prius. It doesnt make any sense to turn the facts up side down ... who was driving the Viper? THE DRIVER! And she is responsible whatever happened. Nobody else. Not even the floor carpet!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calling the Prius "responsible" is like calling the Exxon Valdez disaster a "boating accident".
It's one of the least eco-friendly cars built.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clipboard013.jpg

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it doesnt take much for a older person to have this happen to them,you gotta think thats alot of heavy force that jolted them, big ass motor like a big fist in you face.******* a old person body.:(

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF the Prius and the Viper went 40 mph only (!=?) the impact was like 80 mph against a "concrete wall". Go figure. Even seat belts cant help elderly people here ... ;)

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF the Prius and the Viper went 40 mph only (!=?) the impact was like 80 mph against a "concrete wall". Go figure. Even seat belts cant help elderly people here ... ;)

Fortunately it does not work that way...the two moving vehicles will not transmit an 80 mph concrete wall wreck when each traveling 40 mph because they both will move around during the impact and dissapate a lot energy.

If you did drive into a concrete wall at 80 mph, neither car would look anywhere near as intact as the photo above.

You can probably youtube the episode of Mythbusters where they tested and proved this out in very great detail (and better explain it than what I attempted).

I'm still guessing that the Prius drivers were not wearing seat belts...the chest and up area looks to be intact, actually very much so.

George

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave