3M Clear Bra

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm a new VCA member as of yesterday so please be patient with me if I make a mistake in how I post this thread. I tried the search but couldn't seem to come up with the wording that would produce a result.
I bought a new 2010 white coupe(blue stripes) which I want to put Clear Bra on. The only area I'm looking at doing now is the rocker panel area and the area behind the rear tires. The question is this: Will the heat from the exhaust harm the clear bra applied to the rocker area below the doors?
The reason why I'm only looking at that area is because on a white color like mine the clear bra tends to be slightly visible so I don't want to do the upper surfaces.
If I can get this done right on the 2010 coupe then I want to do my 2005 Comm. Ed. Conv.
Thanks for any info that you may provide.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had most of my 2010 ACR roadster Clear Bra'd. I had the rocker panels done along with most of the rest of the car. There are should be no issues with yellowing due to heat. I have heard they can yellow after many years (5+) but I'm sure someone who does this for a living can tell you better than I can. I am very happy that I got it done.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club :headbang: I do believe better pictures of that stable is in order :D

Have you considered the JonB carbon fiber "mud flaps" instead of clear bra, as it seems your concern is just the lower panels.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been installing film for 8 years now... and I am a fellow Viper owner. The rocker panels are the number one area on the car to get damage and it accumulates quickly under there. A good quality film, VentureShield Ultra or Avery Nano Fusion will not yellow. The heat will not cause any problems at all.

Not to knock on the mud flaps, but they will not protect the entire rocker panel and do nothing for the rest of the car. If you are going to do it as a minimum get the rockers, behind the rear wheels, bumper, mirrors, and lights done. I honestly recommend getting the hood and fenders as well.... but its not as crucial as the other areas.

OP
OP
3whitevipers

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Can't thank you club members enough for such timely replies. I really appreciate your help as I didn't want to screw up such beautiful cars. I'm going to proceed with the rocker panels from all the way under the car to the door sills. Hope this will help. Thanks again!!

OP
OP
3whitevipers

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hope this works for the pics.

Attachments

• DSC_0272.jpg
    DSC_0272.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0154.jpg
    DSC_0154.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0170.jpg
    DSC_0170.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0248.jpg
    DSC_0248.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0261.jpg
    DSC_0261.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
3whitevipers

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Here are some more pics. Thanks for all your patience and help in teaching me how to post pics in a thread. This is truly the best car club compared to the others that I've been involved with. Hope to meet you all at upcoming events.

Attachments

• DSC_0133.jpg
    DSC_0133.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0155.jpg
    DSC_0155.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0088.jpg
    DSC_0088.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0264.jpg
    DSC_0264.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0246.jpg
    DSC_0246.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 29

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clear bra here too on nose, rockers and behind all wheels.
OT I must say I was not the biggest fan of the new '10 flaring dual stripes but they look great on the White & Blue config.
Very aggressive looking. :2tu:

OP
OP
3whitevipers

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive responses. Yes, I get a kick out of taking out a different car each day--although the Vipers are my favorites.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been installing film for 8 years now... and I am a fellow Viper owner. The rocker panels are the number one area on the car to get damage and it accumulates quickly under there.

If you are going to do it as a minimum get the rockers, behind the rear wheels, bumper, mirrors, and lights done. I honestly recommend getting the hood and fenders as well.... but its not as crucial as the other areas.

Had the clear put on my car and no issues with yellowing yet. Do have scuffs on the rocker panels where the clear wraps over the top form getting in the car. Any way to address this, or do I just replace that piece?

OP
OP
3whitevipers

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the info regarding "clear bra" and also for all the other positive responses. This club is truly amazing and filled with a lot of helpful nice people. Wish I bought a Viper years ago and joined the club--Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper