different type door hinge covers?

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i noticed pictures of vipers with hinge covers that have like fins on them. i think they really add a nice touch to the back side of the hood. anyone know where i can obtain these from?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THE YEAR MATTERS

Only made for 92-99, the sharks-gills were originally made by TGF-Metalcrafters, the shop who built the original concept Viper body in 1989, and the TV show "Viper Defender"

Attempted by 2 other vendors, mediocre fit, low demand. PS they prevent air from leaving underhood, and airflow over the PCMs of both Gens, creating heat and lift. Look cool, run hot.

Triva Lesson Ended, JonB~~~~~~:<~

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE YEAR MATTERS

Only made for 92-99, the sharks-gills were originally made by TGF-Metalcrafters, the shop who built the original concept Viper body in 1989, and the TV show "Viper Defender"

Attempted by 2 other vendors, mediocre fit, low demand. PS they prevent air from leaving underhood, and airflow over the PCMs of both Gens, creating heat and lift. Look cool, run hot.

Triva Lesson Ended, JonB~~~~~~:<~
Hey, thanks for the info Jon :2tu:

I know a couple of UK members have them fitted on their cars ;)
Not for me though ;)

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they look horrible

So far in the 6 months since I have had them on my car I have had nothing but positive feedback. Maybe the people who hate them are polite and keep quiet. I think the color of the car makes a difference how they look. On my black car they don't stand out as much as on a lighter color car.

But in the long run, it is the owner that will live with them, not the guy who doesn't like them. If its your car, do what you want.

Ron

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Remember, there are the same debates on wings and aftermarket front facias too.

Bottom line for me is I really don't give a F^@K what other Viper owners think:omg:. I will do to my car whatever I like. I personally can't stand stripes on any car, but I don't put my opinion on every thread about stripes. Most Viper owners are VERY opinionated on what they like and don't like. The difference is some of us choose to accept the fact that nobody has the same vision for their car and that is OK.

Ron

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down Ron, you're taking this entirely too personally.

I offered no opinion, just pointed the author of the thread to another relevant thread.

Hey, we get it, you like gills.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down Ron, you're taking this entirely too personally.

I offered no opinion, just pointed the author of the thread to another relevant thread.

Hey, we get it, you like gills.

I'm calm. Just trying to reign in the mob mentality whenever they see something they don't like. Think I'll paint a dolphin on the hood next.

Ron

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm calm. Just trying to reign in the mob mentality whenever they see something they don't like. Think I'll paint a dolphin on the hood next.

Ron

Well, it better be the correct color of dolphin. :rolaugh:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a Dolphin chuggin' a beer while holding a lit cigar on his other flipper?
Put on a mural of an old time whale boat harpooning a whale. Driving a Viper with a whaling scene painted on it.... man, that ought to REALLY piss off the tree huggers. HAHAHAHA

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm, maybe we should have a contest for the most offensive "custom paint" (using peel off vinyl graphics of course) on a Viper. I'll see what I can do for an informal trophy!

Regards,
Aaron

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are wrong. Extra wrong.

Dolphin > gills :lmao:

Alright Dave, we will expect a nice DIY from you on how you outlined and painted that dolphin on your hood:omg:. Complete with high res photos and description.
I have seen some of your other DIYs and have actually gotten ideas from them, however I will have to pass on this one.
Nothing personal. You do have one thing going for you on this: I believe the original "dolphin on the hood" mural was on a red car.:D

Ron

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright Dave, we will expect a nice DIY from you on how you outlined and painted that dolphin on your hood:omg:. Complete with high res photos and description.
I have seen some of your other DIYs and have actually gotten ideas from them, however I will have to pass on this one.
Nothing personal. You do have one thing going for you on this: I believe the original "dolphin on the hood" mural was on a red car.:D

Ron
Yea but if you look at this picture I found them on one of those old Yellow cars :D

side louvers - ViperClub Photo Gallery

just saying :rolaugh: