2 Post Lift Contact Points

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 2 Post Rotary installed and I'm working on setting car placement and lift points. Outside of the 4 emergency jack points off the side sills, are there any lift points that folks are using on a Gen1/Gen2?

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 2 Post Rotary installed and I'm working on setting car placement and lift points. Outside of the 4 emergency jack points off the side sills, are there any lift points that folks are using on a Gen1/Gen2?

What Boxer12 said. :2tu:

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas....what did you do to install the 2 post? I am leaning towards the 2 post as I want the lift for working on my cars (brakes, suspension, transmission, oil changes, etc), not just for storage......but I am wondering how much I need to do to install a 2 post to make it safe.

Thanks,
Lance

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas....what did you do to install the 2 post? I am leaning towards the 2 post as I want the lift for working on my cars (brakes, suspension, transmission, oil changes, etc), not just for storage......but I am wondering how much I need to do to install a 2 post to make it safe.

Thanks,
Lance

You need to be sure you have enough concrete depth - at least 4 inches and better with a bit more. And, this should go without saying, it needs to be plumb and anchored well to the floor. Also, buy a quality lift. Many are made in China now and they are just junk. Also, Vipers are very low so you ought to check the floor to lift point height so you can get the lift under your car. Go visit some places and see what garages have.

OP
OP
T

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the lift installed by the company I purchased it from. The install wasn't tough, and I could have done it. However, he only charged me $200 or so for install. At that price, it wasn't worth my time. The biggest pain I could see was making sure that the holes were drilled correctly and that the lift posts were level. He had a couple of tricks for doing it easily.

As to safety, the depth of the concrete and the PSI rating are the two main issues. Check with the lift manufacturer on the requirements for the lift, but 3000PSI concrete is pretty typical for most recent construction. The other issues are ceiling height and clearance to the walls on either side. I ended up chalking out my positioning of the lift in the garage to make sure I could get it in and still have clearance to the walls and the other car.

I did Rotary for my 2 post. Mohawk is another one I looked into, but much more expensive. I wanted a Made in USA lift.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Direct Lift Pro 10D and love it! I use the standard jack points under the sills. Lift is a 10,000lb asymmetric 2 poster and the Viper feels like a feather on it.

Andy Wheeler