Let's start the talking... where and what VOI 12!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to nominate Kansas City, its centrally located within the US and I've heard they have some good BBQ.

Regards,
Aaron

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last VOI was in the far west, at SLC, Utah
Before that, VOI was in the midwest, in Detroit, MI
Before that, VOI was in the far west, at Las Vegas, NV
Before that, VOI was in the south central, Dallas, TX

VOI 12 will be 10 years since VOI 7, in Nashville, TN. In those 10 years since, no VOI has been in the south/east. It is clearly time. Sorry to burst all your bubbles about other locations, but that's the only reasonable location, unless no venues work out. This could be anything from Nashville, to Atlanta, to Florida, etc., so realistically, that's where the discussion should be focused.

I AGREE. I personally will go just about anywhere, but I think it should be fair to this side of the countries VCA members too!!

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We drove 5200 km To VOI 11, would like to see 12 on the east coast.But were ever it is we'll drive, what a road trip :drive:.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh..........:D

you mean VOI 12 don't you. Yellow...counting problem..:dunno: maybe Chad knows for sure..:D:D:D

That yellow paint he's been sniffin' has jaundiced his brain....

Hehehe. Umm, oops. ;):rolleyes:

Think it might be time for some fresh air. :D

Is it really surprising to anyone that the guy who thinks his V8 is a V10 can't count to 12? :rolaugh:

Not surprising, but I vote for a East coast location as well. GA and FL would both make good prospects for VOI 12 :D, IMO

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing against the many members in Canada but I think having a VOI across the border is a terrible idea.

So I guess London's outa the question then! :rolaugh:

If I had a vote, I'd like anywhere on the East coast, mainly because it's a darn site closer to the UK/Europe than California, which means I'll stand a better chance of being their. :2tu:

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detroit! "It's what we do best."

Although I now live in Arizona and would love to see VOI in the West again, I too am "imported from Detroit". Let's go home again

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toronto,Ontario,Canada

Nothing against the many members in Canada but I think having a VOI across the border is a terrible idea.

As much as I would love it in Toronto, I have to agree with Robert. Too many people without passports and gets too complicated for most of the members when you start getting into currency changes, cell roaming charges, etc. :(

Is it really surprising to anyone that the guy who thinks his V8 is a V10 can't count to 12? :rolaugh:

:grumble:

:D

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many people without passports and gets too complicated for most of the members
Wow, it's been a long time since I've been to Canada. You mean you need a passport now! Sad :(

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need a passport to go to any other country in the world, so why would going to Canada be any different, it is another country. I don't think it has anything to do with Canada as a country persay, all countries require this so why would that be sad?

It has been this way for many years now, what are you living under, a rock! :) Oh yah, Geico customers get discounts too, just like the living under a rock commercial. Kidding with you, but it has been many years now.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of the Southeast...

Birmingham, Alabama has nice climate, great scenery, and Barber Motorsports Park. ;)

You must be registered for see images
Track looks beautiful, but there's too much humidity:omg:

AL humidity = bad hair days :rolaugh::rolaugh:

lets not go there

j/k...

What states have the most Vipers in them? I would think Texas and Cali & FL... Which would make Texas more centrally located for most viper owners.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't like anywhere in Illinois, but that's just my opinion. Detroit would be fine, or Indy. Even somewhere south like Florida would work in a pinch. Virginia too would be cool.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B hit the nail on the head, you can't logistically insert a VOI event with a national event, such as Ky Derby, Indy Brickyard 400 or Daytona, these events use up all the space and hotel rooms and nightly entertainment year after year...can't enter into using one whole hotel, the hotel loses revenue otherwise because they want the yearly crowds, Alabama would be a nice choice, if nearer the middle of the country, more cars can drive and trailer, also better to negotiate with a Car Hauler to move cars as well, I wouldn't vote for Alabama in July, but later October could be better, especially driving down from Northern Regions with the leaves changing, plus I think in the south this is near the end of the "rainy season" and hurricane season is about over, etc....but I think when a VOI is being held in 2017, this would be the 25 Viper-year, Detroit may be chosen again at that time and try to do a simple track event in late August , 2017, at the track in Birmingham near Detroit when they have a NASCAR event....just my $.02

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need a passport to go to any other country in the world, so why would going to Canada be any different
Last time I went to Canada (ok, it's been about 40 years) You didn't need a passport. They waved you across going into Canada and only a brief stop coming back into the States. Those were the days I guess. Also, didn't need a passport to cross into Mexico. But the border crossing did involve going thru customs both ways. Guess that was about 40 years ago too. Most of my travel since those days has been to Europe or the Far East.

coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kala said:
Track looks beautiful, but there's too much humidity :omg: AL humidity = bad hair days :rolaugh::rolaugh:
LOL...The humidity isn't that bad. :D

Barber Motorsports park hosts several events, from SCCA to the GIANT Mustang Club of America meets. An added bonus is there are plenty of hotels, a NEW outlet mall and a Bass Pro Shops all nearby.

Other added benefits are Talladega Superspeedway is about 30 minutes away and the Wellborn Muscle Car Museum is a little over an hour away. Used to be an old dealership and it's mostly MOPAR muscle; I'm sure they'd be accomodating to some Vipers...

You must be registered for see images attach

:2tu:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>Too many people without passports and gets too complicated for most of the members when you start getting into currency changes, cell roaming charges, etc<<<

Sounds like traveling is a challenge to some people :rolleyes: :dunno: :lmao:

Isn't the drive (journey) to and from a VOI half the fun ;)

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Southern California
1. good weather, means we all get a go at the track days
2. Large Viper population
3. Very active local club
4. Swimming pools and movie stars!

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please!! Anywhere BUT Detroit. Been to all eleven and, in my opinion Detroit VOI 10 was the worst of them. VOI 1, Detroit was ok.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>Too many people without passports and gets too complicated for most of the members when you start getting into currency changes, cell roaming charges, etc<<<

Sounds like traveling is a challenge to some people :rolleyes: :dunno: :lmao:

Isn't the drive (journey) to and from a VOI half the fun ;)

Here here!! I probably had 3/4 the fun last year becauyse the flight/drive was so long :D

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hershey Penn. is famous for hosting car club events. Might give it some thoughts.

People still talk fondly about Monterey Ca. event.

Believe the proper proceedure is for each local VCA regional President to put forth a proposal to the VCA National.

Just as much as the location, is the local club manpower available to pull off a National event, staffed mostly by volunteers.

Hard part is that the club is going to have to really get creative to offer the same quality of experience that was presented in Utah. For the money, that event is going to be a hard act to follow.