Let's start the talking... where and what VOI 12!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PA Viper, a good man, what's wrong with the east is right? if they let NASCAR build that track in Staten Island, would have been perfect, but watkins glen is a great idea

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI 11 already was out west so California will not likely be chosen, although important points about cost are noted Indianapolis is THE location historically speaking.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I just thought of something "out there" :D

For Viper's 20th birthday we need to do something crazy to the tune of Tomahawk... something like this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SR5w5fOaCI[/media]

But then with two Viper V10's :headbang:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This idea has already been presented to the top Officers already, and there are some things about Indy that are quite appealing. Cost will not necessarily be an issue if it is not during Indy week, and in fact some folks want us there, pretty bad.

Pluses are it is the East Coast's turn to have something closer, there is a Nationally known Drag Strip , as well as a good track to use for other venues ( not talking about Indianapolis Speedway ). They may also be somewhat interested , but there are also some very scenic roads to drive -- ask someone from Indiana about Brown County.

Overall, not a bad suggestion my Dutch friend, though Indy week is not the likely time.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse:2tu:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be in for Chicago, also.
-1 for Chicago, too close to family :lmao::lmao: I'd have to visit them, takes away from car play time :D

Indy sounds kinda cool

We need a batch of those instead of the shuttle carts in between venues... OMG I would get a mile high kick out of it if people will make this happen :lmao:!
I think Paul posted a link to a 2 wheel version... They were 5 or 600... I wanted to buy one until I found out how small they are...

20" high seat/ 29" overall height

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes them all that much more cool! One of my boss's sons has a midget sized chopper and it is fun as heck :D

I think Paul posted a link to a 2 wheel version... They were 5 or 600... I wanted to buy one until I found out how small they are...

20" high seat/ 29" overall height

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bill :2tu: I can already taste that beer we were supposed to have last year.. maybe you still have an ACR convertable in your inventory next year because I want to drive one of those BADLY!

This idea has already been presented to the top Officers already, and there are some things about Indy that are quite appealing. Cost will not necessarily be an issue if it is not during Indy week, and in fact some folks want us there, pretty bad.

Pluses are it is the East Coast's turn to have something closer, there is a Nationally known Drag Strip , as well as a good track to use for other venues ( not talking about Indianapolis Speedway ). They may also be somewhat interested , but there are also some very scenic roads to drive -- ask someone from Indiana about Brown County.

Overall, not a bad suggestion my Dutch friend, though Indy week is not the likely time.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse:2tu:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
[/SIZE]
Thanks Bill :2tu: I can already taste that beer we were supposed to have last year.. maybe you still have an ACR convertable in your inventory next year because I want to drive one of those BADLY!

I don't think that font was BIG enough.

Last edited:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd vote for Detroit (just because) or East (PA, NY, VA, etc.). Pocono, Watkins Glen, Richmond would all be nice places to run.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a number of factors that weigh in when a VOI location is chosen, often led by where Dodge wanted to be. With the VCA now taking the lead, one of our key considerations is cost. Indy during the 500 week would most likely pose too many challenges, not the least of which is cost. Throw in traffic, overbooked hotels, etc. and it may not be ideal for that exact time frame. Other factors when looking at VOI locations:

Hotel(s) should be able to accommodate 400-700 rooms, ideally in one property. If there are multiple hotels they should be in fairly close proximity to one another. And one of the hotels needs to have a large banquet hall/ballroom that can comfortably seat up to 1300 people for dinner and still have room for a stage, cars, etc. You cannot split up the main dinners. And don't forget parking: Covered and secure parking for 300-600 cars, parking for trailers nearby, and space to bring in tractor-trailers and full size buses.

There needs to be a track that is fairly accessible to the hotels. We have had them fairly far away (SLC, Nashville, etc.), but usually light traffic and four lanes to get there. The track needs to have room for at least two autocross courses, as well as a road course. Ovals are nice (and kinda fun), but not a necessity and sometime more dangerous if they transition into a road course. A nearby drag strip is a bonus to be sure, especially if they are adjacent to the road course. Ideally the track will also have a place that is good for the panoramic photo(s). Shooting it in hotel parking lots isn't always the best way to do it.

The other factor is finding a scenic drive in the area that is interesting and preferably has a "destination" somewhere along the route for lunch. It has to be scouted beforehand to make sure it is Viper-friendly with no speed bumps, gravel, or road construction. We know we won't always be blessed with amazing routes like Valley of Fire (Vegas) or Park City (SLC), but they should be memorable nonetheless.

While it will be up to the VCA board of directors for the final decision, there are plenty of opportunities for regional members (and presidents) to make a case for why their location would be ideal. Given that we just did the last VOI out west, it is most likely to go east this time - but nothing is locked in. I suspect that Kansas City won't try to make a case for VOI 12, but don't rule it out for VOI 24. :)

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do feel that the whole VOI success starts with the host hotel. SLC was awesome in my opinion. Great property, great staff, great parking, great ballroom, etc. Being my first VOI, everything just felt right when our caravan pulled into the hotel. If the host hotel is great, then everything else sort of falls into place a lot easier. I've been to a lot of other conferences, tradeshows, etc and if the host hotel rocks, other "problems" just don't seem to matter as much since you know you're always going to end up at an awesome place every night.

The actual location of the VOI can be anywhere, what makes a VOI great is the people in attendance. :2tu: Got to meet tons of cool people and thats what makes these kind of events a lifelong memory.

East Coast would be kinda cool, Northwest would be cool, Chicago would be cool, SoCal would be cool,...as long as there is a VOI I'll be happy.

My only concern with a VOI location is rain. The Ford GT National Rally was the same weekend as our VOI and was held at VIR...unfortunately lots of rain. Since so many members have verts and like to run *******, rain really *****...plus not as much fun for other events IMO.

No matter what, it will be an exciting VOI with the new Gen 5 being the "latest and greatest". :usa:

Cheers,
George

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If VOI 11 was so far out west.....then how come I had to drive about 1000 miles EAST to get to it??? And it's 1200 miles to get to Vegas too!:mad:

But it does not matter- We will go to the next one. They are too great to miss!

VOI 11 had some REALLY good things.... that I hope are considered for VOI 12.:usa:

Time of year...the later time made the venue much cooler and virtually no humidity. Key factors when it comes to comfort.

Quality (if not internationally known) track. I think we do not need to spend the mega dollars to rent a well known and famous track for the venue. Many "hobby" tracks have sprung up and are quite good facilities. Don't get me wrong- I loved Viper Days at Watkins Glenn!

Costs. We were slightly off the peak season so the hotel costs (lodging and meals) were substantially less.

Personally, the less humidity and heat, the better.:headbang:

Thanks
PBR

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG! A Viper driver that can't come up with $100.00 for a pasport that is good for 10 years? Possibly they should belong to a KIA club. The dollar is par and so is cell phone. They are both a non issue. World class international low crime city with various world class tracks and attractions. Shopping,theatre,sports etc.etc. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only other suggestion is New Orleans.They would probably welcome us whole heartedly and they need the publicity and business of an international group. Probably would welcome us with a Mardi Gras event of our own. GTS Bruce

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Several friends just got back from New Orleans. It ain't the same no matter what the ads say. Not a nice place now. And humidity is the state bird, reptile, and motto for that state 10 months out of the year.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PA has some great tracks, great hills for cruising.....

I'm with you..
There's some great cruising/touring roads on the east coast. What's all the worry about humidity? Heck, much of the USA lives with it all the time... Jeez, a bit of sweat'll make you remember you're in a sports car!

Wherever it happens (if it happens), I hope to be there.

:drive:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The dollar is par and so is cell phone.

Cell phone usage is international roaming. I was in Canada last weekend for less than 24 hours. I have AT&T. It is 79 cents per minute for calls. Text messages sent are 50 cents regardless of your text plan. Data is $13.xx per megabyte. I had data turned off and didn't send any text messages. Phone calls were very limited. I never felt so disconnected from the world.

tpduke112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I feel like knoxville tn would be a great location. wide open roads to drive. and the cherohala skyway and tail of the dragon close by.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235