Let's start the talking... where and what VOI 12!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured I would be the first to start the discussion since no one else seems to be posting about it yet and because to me VOI 11... well... tears of pure joy start to appear in the corners of my eyes from all the deeply cherished and beautiful memories :headbang:

We will be celebrating 20, yes TWENTY years of Viper, a number of memorable successes in racing, and 5 generations plus (hopefully!) the first production units of an all new model. With the latter in mind I say we go back to where the first model was introduced to mark this historic and monumental birthday:

Indianapolis

Central location which should increase attendance in these economically troubled times, and because of "our" birthday we could pace the Indianapolis 500 with all Vipers in attendance, lol.

Let the ideas fly!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to nominate PHOENIX, to signify the "rebirth" of the Viper in 2013...:headbang:

(Not too mention that it's only 10 minutes away from me):drive:

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Injecthevenom,
I like your thinking. You are obviously well-versed in Viper history. I remember it well because i own a 1991 Stealth and recall the furor over having the Stealth pace the Indy 500. It was of course replaced by Viper RT/10 prototype.
I think for historical reasons your suggestion is a good one. I have not been to the Indy track and i am sure many other Vipers owners haven't either. Not as glamorous as Las Vegas or as beautiful as Salt Lake City, but much closer to me so I am in favor.
PAVenomRT/10

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
-Official Pace Car at INDY-500: $6,000,000.00 negotiable, includes promo FLEET.
--Hotel costs during Indy week? 4X Normal.
---Want to render 1500 Viper fans insignificant and invisible? Drop em into the Indy-500.

Inject: Save your VOI / Travel monies and put it towards a Viper! Tears of joy too.

BTDT

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inject: Save your VOI money and put it towards a Viper!

BTDT

I would have to continue almost literally living on water and bread for more than 6 years in a row, so no thank you :smirk:... it's what I have done to attend last year's VOI, it is what I am doing this year to restore my daily driver, it will be what I am going to do for the remainder of this and almost all of next year to attend VOI 12.

3 years of putting my life on hold and sacrifice absolutely EVERYTHING will be quite enough though absolutely worth it! I am just a mere garage manager/parts manager/mechanic/detailer/allround technical person for a cab company and a humble Viper enthusiast.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI 10 was in Detroit. Texas would be good most likely dry climate and lots of owners in Texas.

Bruce

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BTDT:

Detroit x 2
Vegas x 2
Monterrey
Indy
Orlando
St Louis
Nashville
Dallas
Salt Lake

It is about time that a Single-Flight-To-Destination, with nice track facilities nearby, with a great Viper population, finally step up and be recognized. Of course I am talking about:

C
H
I
C
A
G
O

Last edited:

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
BTDT:

Detroit x 2
Vegas x 2
Monterrey
Indy
Orlando
St Louis
Nashville
Dallas
Salt Lake

It is about time that a Single-Flight-To-Destination, with nice track facilities nearby, with a great Viper population, finally step up and be recognized: Of course I am talking about:

C
H
I
C
A
G
O

INDEED :headbang:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
19 months to go, or
570 days, or
13,680.00 hrs, or
820,800.00 minutes, or
49,248,000.00 seconds!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watkins Glen, Atlantic City, Pocono...whats wrong with the east:eater:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been trying very hard to think of a reason Chicago isn't a great option but I really can't. Are there any big car related events in Chicago that would be good to piggy back?

FYI INDY is coming to VEGAS!

RoadRace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What track would you use for a Chicago event? Blackhawk? Road America would be better and could help with that.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been trying very hard to think of a reason Chicago isn't a great option but I really can't
Cubs! Taints the whole town. j/k hehe Go Cards

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last VOI was in the far west, at SLC, Utah
Before that, VOI was in the midwest, in Detroit, MI
Before that, VOI was in the far west, at Las Vegas, NV
Before that, VOI was in the south central, Dallas, TX

VOI 12 will be 10 years since VOI 7, in Nashville, TN. In those 10 years since, no VOI has been in the south/east. It is clearly time. Sorry to burst all your bubbles about other locations, but that's the only reasonable location, unless no venues work out. This could be anything from Nashville, to Atlanta, to Florida, etc., so realistically, that's where the discussion should be focused.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As good a time as we had at VOI11, it does not matter where VOI12 is next; we will be there. Logical choice would be maybe Kansas City Region or maybe out East in Richmond, Virginia or something.

Having it in the same places year after year does not make sense. Each VOI in that particular region should see a surge of memberships in that region, correct? That should be a focus to the choice as well as venue, costs, etc..

Can someone pull the historical data from past VOIs to see if the memberships did indeed jumped in the associated and adjacent regions where a VOI was held? That would make sense help in the choice.

As long as costs and fun factor/value is same as in SLC, it will be a hit. I would prefer the smaller and more intimate venues as opposed to just another city. SLC experience did not feel like a city but more like a big town. Loved it!

Then again the Warp 8 drive we did there and back from Denver wasn't bad either. Ha! Ha!

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I'm from Indy I would vote for Barber in a heartbeat. World class track, unreal collection of motorcycles and Lotus race cars, right outside of Birmingham. Just my 2 cents. :usa:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
It absolutely has to be Detroit. That's where it was born--remember imported from Detroit-- like the super bowl commercial says.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62