Attn Los Angeles Gen III and IV owners - need a test drive

marc4sgr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off sorry for posting in here wanted to post in the S Cal section but I'm a new user
So it wouldn't allow me to.

So I'm looking to buy a viper and I'm hoping someone in the Los Angeles area
Would be kind enough to take me out for a test drive so I can get more familiar.

Please send me a PM if you are willing and able.

Thanks in advance
Marc

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off sorry for posting in here wanted to post in the S Cal section but I'm a new user
So it wouldn't allow me to.

So I'm looking to buy a viper and I'm hoping someone in the Los Angeles area
Would be kind enough to take me out for a test drive so I can get more familiar.

Please send me a PM if you are willing and able.

Thanks in advance
Marc
Hi Marc
I'm sure one of our So Cal members will hook you up with a ride. Go over to SoCal Viper Today is a bowling and BBQ run going thru Riverside, Indio and Palm Desert. Unless you are along those routes... You're are probably not going to catch anyone today. :drive:

PCH Viper is our Illustrious President. You'll probably want to register and post something over there :eater: I sent Lance an email with a link to this thread. Maybe he'll pop by here in a day or two.

Ask some of the guys in the club or one of the vendors like DC Performance to help you inspect your car before you buy. That can save a lot of headache later.

You made the right choice in Viper, the car is awesome. The friends are even better :headbang:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc.

If you can get down to San Diego, I would be more than happy to give you a ride, and introduce you to the Viper Ownership Experience.

PM me if you want to put something together.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are a serious buyer, I'm sure the seller would let you drive it. I looked at 3, and drove 2 of them. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with a seller to buy the car from him.

These cars are very different. I would imagine it's what a race car is like, the pedals are very close together, the seat hugs you tight, and there is little room for any movement inside the passenger compartment.

I only have about 3 miles of driving experience, but that's my first impression. This time next year I hope to have at least 5000 miles :)

~Jay

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Number one, I would suggest that if you want to drive a Viper don't ask some stranger to drive their car. I would go to Vegas and rent one and drive the car to Phoenix or just take it on the highway. good luck

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Number one, I would suggest that if you want to drive a Viper don't ask some stranger to drive their car. I would go to Vegas and rent one and drive the car to Phoenix or just take it on the highway. good luck

+1. No offence but I don't think anyone would let a stranger drive their Viper :p. Passenger probably( I have a concealed weapons permit ) but Driver, more than likely not.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys...

We got this covered already... SoCal club will help him out. He just wants to experience a test drive.

I gotta say though...
New guy, renting a snake with unknown aged tires in the middle of winter when weather conditions can change in a heartbeat. Taking a drive to Phoenix has to be one of the most dangerous suggestions I have heard in a long time.

Any future readers of this thread please find your local chapter of the VCA

Viper Club of America

Contact whoever is listed and I'm sure someone in your region will start you off on the right foot to Viper ownership.

OP
OP
M

marc4sgr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all..
Yes to be clear I was asking to go for a ride, not drive an owners personal vehicle. Obviously if this was about a purchase then clearly I would be driving the car 100% to make sure it felt sound.

I'll check rentals in Vegas but no one does locally in Los Angeles anymore.
I can understand why.

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say it ahead of the test ride/drive....welcome aboard! There is just something 'different' about these cars...you'll see!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper