Vipers Run the Kentucky Bourbon Trail July 30-31, 2011

hermanisky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good to me!! Guess we need to run it by the powers to be.... advise if we are planning any Friday events. Would be a good tune up!!!

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! I know it could be polished more (Windows Movie Maker, natch), and the suction mount I used for the camera made the footage a little jerky, but you get the overall idea.

I'm excited to have a bunch of Vipers out here in my backyard!

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!! Nice Video!!! Cars look awesome :headbang: and some nice roads too :drive: July 30th cannot be here soon enough :cool:

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can see the "raw" 10-minute-long longform videos of the drives also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RO9JLbrmUU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoSyhDlSQ-w&feature=related

The, uh, wind noise makes it sound like we might be going faster than we actually are. We obeyed all posted speed limits and followed all rules of the road. Anything that looks otherwise is a trick of the lens, the camera, the wind noise, or my inability to film properly.

And if you don't believe that, we were actually in Mexico.

Last edited:

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also looks like yellow is beating a newer (and apparently slower) Viper. :D:poke:

There's another video up there on that Youtube site, not posted here, that will definitively prove the difference between a 400-HP Gen1 and a 600-HP Gen2... just watch the first minute of "DSC 0630"

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's another video up there on that Youtube site, not posted here, that will definitively prove the difference between a 400-HP Gen1 and a 600-HP Gen2... just watch the first minute of "DSC 0630"

Just ignore the red one stalling at the beginning and the laughing coming from the second car :D

My favorite part was when you held the sandal out.

The video turned out great shine, very well done in the editing.

Quick update. We are about a month away. I have 20 people and 14 cars signed up already. :2tu:

If you're out there and planning to attend shoot me a message so I get you added to this list! It will help me finalize our reservations everywhere.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may have a scheduling conflict. We'll have to wait and see, but Tony's BBQ may be on for the 30th. You need to call Chad and have him work a little magic. :smirk:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may have a scheduling conflict. We'll have to wait and see, but Tony's BBQ may be on for the 30th. You need to call Chad and have him work a little magic. :smirk:

I'll check with him. Haven't heard any updates since you guys were talking about pushing it back a week when I was down in Tennessee. That would be a bummer if they fall on the same day.

Stretch, I would suggest that you keep this thread alive in the IN/KY section with occasional updates.

Will do Steve :2tu:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, looks like the Georgia BBQ is still on the 30th so it's a bit of a conflict with this event. Definitely a bummer.

In other news, we have been able to line up a beautiful spot for a photoshoot for the Bourbon Trail event. I checked it out Friday and I cannot wait to get a big group of Vipers there :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, that is what I found out too. Looks like I won't make it. I was really looking forward to Meeting the KY group.

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In other news, we have been able to line up a beautiful spot for a photoshoot for the Bourbon Trail event. I checked it out Friday and I cannot wait to get a big group of Vipers there :2tu:

I'm biting my tongue because I know where it is, and I've been wanting to do a shoot there myself for a long time. I'm definitely bringing my "nice" camera and plenty of digital storage.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer that you can't join us Mike. We will have to keep that in mind for future events. Having made the road trip last year, I can vouch that the GA BBQ is a fun event.

I'm biting my tongue because I know where it is, and I've been wanting to do a shoot there myself for a long time. I'm definitely bringing my "nice" camera and plenty of digital storage.

You definitely get all the credit for suggesting and lining this location up! Maybe I'll post a teaser picture of my trip last Friday....... :D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As promised, here are some teaser pics of the beautiful horse farm that will serve as a background for our photoshoot at the event.

IMG_34141.JPG

IMG_3431.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

I cannot wait to get a big group of Vipers there! :headbang:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:slomo:Bump

10 days, who's excited?? :2tu:

I'm just about done with all the directions for the event. I have a pdf together in case people want to review them before hand or print a copy to bring along. I will send it through to email to everyone who has told me they plan on attending so far. I will also try to attach here if I can.

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've been in the mid 90's all week. Hopefully we will only see 80's & sunshine for this event.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're on pace to hit 98 today!

New back up plan, sit inside the hotel and drink bourbon in the AC :D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randall I fixed it for you.....

Gen 1

80's - Top Down

90's - Top Down