Premium Stereo Adapter

Neverenough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished installing a Clarion NZ409 7" flip up head unit in my Viper. When I was preparing for install I looked through the forums for info and did not see anyone suggest this adapter. Bought it off Ebay for 12.95, it is made for the Vipers harness and has rca inputs, it works great. I would also recommend the Clarion it is a great unit. I expanded mine with a 8gb USB flash drive with a few thousand songs and 75 music video... no need to interface an Ipod.
You must be registered for see images attach

97fatboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if I want to add a sub on a SRT and keep the stock head unit, where do I plug in the RCA's? Can I keep the factory OEM amp/system in place and just add the sub for extra bass?

OP
OP
N

Neverenough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This adapter is for adding a new head unit, not retaining the factory one. The RCAs are for running low level from the new head unit to the factory amp.

OP
OP
N

Neverenough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, here is pics of it closed and open.

elvis1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this unit allow you to download your cds into the hard drive so you don't have to have cds with you,or is this common now?

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just about to wire up my aftermarket system using this adapter, got a few questions for the guys who have done them.

Adapter Stereo plug
12v Red - battery wire
Memory yellow - Acc wire
Ground Black - Ground
Power Antenna Blue - Antenna (for factory amp turn on)
Illumination Orange - N/A (not needed for my deck choice)

The RCA for the speakers is pretty straight forward, I was just a bit confused on the labled of wires coming from the adapter. ie( is 12v wire the constant power ? and is the memory wire the Accessory ?)

Thanks

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expanded mine with a 8gb USB flash drive with a few thousand songs and 75 music video... no need to interface an Ipod.
Sorry to go off topic a bit, but is there some adapter available for the stock unit that would allow use of a USB flash drive? I'd be thrilled if I could just have that "upgrade".

OP
OP
N

Neverenough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12 Volt Ignition/ Acc.- red, 12 Volt Battery/Memory- yellow
It should be that the red is powered when the ignition is on and the Yellow is always powered if I recall correctly.

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT COMPATIBLE with:
SYNC / CanBus / OnStar or R.A.P Features:
NOT compatible with RAP feature: (Harness will not work):
To Easily Identify R.A.P system; Your Radio will continue to play briefly after key is removed from ignition until door is opened
*If Radio Stays on - til door opened - Its a R.A.P System - and this harness will not work)

my radio is the stock 6 cd changer and it stays on till i open the door. does it still work? anyone else try?

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just went through this on my 04, mine had the 6-disc changer (replaced with new Kenwood). I had to ditch the premium adapter, pick up a standard adapter and connect the new Kenwood head unit speaker wires to the adapter which sends the signal to the OEM amplifier under the seat. It is not the best fidelity but will work until I replace the OEM amplifier. Currently I am working on installing the new JL C2-600 speakers (component) for the door/tweeters setup and then onto the JL 6W3-v3 6-inch Sub-woofer. You could also just cut the RCA connectors off the premium adapter and wire to the same color speaker wires of the head unit harness however I preferred the larger guage speaker wires on the standard adapter. Basically if all wires in the car harness are similar in size and are not shielded pairs for low level signals to the OEM amplifier you cannot use the RCA connectors.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R