Corvette owner moved after I moved to the street

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been living here for almost two years now, and I found out very recently, that one of my neighbors (about 5 houses down) who moved away in the fall last year, actually moved away because he was no longer the "cool" guy on the street. Not that I consider myself the "cool" guy on the street or anything, but a few of my neighbors have just recently told me that his ego took a HUGE hit when he found out that the new guy on the block had a better car than his.

I thought they were bull****ting me because there can't be seriously people THAT ridiculous.... can there? Apparently he has lived there for 18 years now, and had no reason to move. In fact, he moved into another house literally 3 blocks away, in a similar looking house... so their story makes sense.... in a way. Thinking back to before I really had my car out of the garage (cause I only really got to drive it at night) he used to park his car outside in his driveway... rain, shine, or snow. His neighbors said that he used to say "I want everyone to know that I have a 'bad ass' car"

Anyone else have any whacky experiences?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, thats truly sad if its true, as communicated by your neighbors.

I can't think of that happening before with me, but moving 5 times in 9 years I will say ALL of my neighbors notices the Viper and some discussion unsues about it.

I've had a few new acquaintances attempt to knock down the Viper a peg or two in comparison to their car (whatever it is) and I usually just praise their car for what it does slightly better than my Viper. (maybe saying its a better trade-off in comfort and luxury, whereas my car is meant for one thing: being able to drive to a track day event and be very fast at the event and being able to drive it home)

Usually that takes them out of their divisive attitude and gets them talking about other cars they'd like to have to compliment what they already have.

Regards,
Aaron

F

FrgMstr

You are so cool, no one wants to be around you? :cool: Always more than one way to look at things. Still funny as hell though.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well that guy was not the brightest bulb, he should have just stayed put and bought a viper, with moving expenses, closing fees, real estate commissions and the trade in value of his vette he could have bought one bad ass viper and joined the best club in the world, he should have realized this "if you cannt beat them join them"

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad.

I dont like to leave my car out on the drive, too many jealous people in my neighborhood, I remember cleaning the car on the front drive when I first got it, two guys in there 40s walked past the car and asked me if it was mine, I said yes and they just grumbled to each other they were in the wrong job. I now hide the car away in the garage as soon as I get home.

B235R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in austria you are THE man if you have a Mercedes Benz or BMW in front of your house.
It can be a empty as possible (2,0l Diesel,no leather,manual gearbox,no xenon etc)
But that not matters,if theres a star on the hood ;)
You can hear the peoples telling.......Oh look, he has a Mercedes
wrong world.......

Here you buy a Benz not for yourself ,you buy it for your neighbour to impress

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a neighbour who has a modded SS Nova, very nice ride btw, would wave every time he drove by, then when my baby comes home at the end of Sept, all of a sudden he loses his arm and has the straight ahead stare when driving down the street.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty funny wrecking others' "moments" when the Snake arrives. It can be at the coffee shop, drive in, or gas station. The jaws just drop, whispers can be heard, and the wanna-bees start to get really nervous, fidgity, and aloof. The best strategy I use is to just act like its just a normal day and not make the car out to be anything more than it is...I don't try to make too much eye contact with anyone or spend any more time then needed to take care of my business. I do like swinging through WalMart every so often just to rub it in however!!

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They also told him your last name was JONES... and he decided to move rather than try "keeping up with the Jones'" :D:D:D

I can't say I had a neighbor move, but I do know that all the neighborhood kids were more excited over my 2 Vipers when I moved in, than his 8 Corvettes in our old subdivision. He would always drive past and have to make some negative Dodge comment. I would must smile and say "whenever you want to line them up.. " Shut him up everytime. :cool:

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too funny.
Reminds me a bit of this guy at work. I dont think I have yet to walk into a room that he is in and he is not talking about his cars...that is until recently. His car collection is nothing to talk about by the way...a Datson PU, a 1989 ford mustang in poor condition with bathtub caulking in the troofs to stop the leaks, and a 1990 volvo. One day I inquire as to why he is bragging about the cars he drives. IMO they are nothing to brag about and at best daily drivers. His response is you only drive an F-150, and should have nothing to say. Its a new Fx4 loaded and shines like a new penny but I think he was pointing out the number of vehicles more so than their condition. So two days later I buy a new H2. His response when I roll into work is "thats not yours" I just laugh and walk away. He was partially right as I purchased it for my wife, but I didnt give him the satisfaction of knowing this and besides I paid for it. As time goes on, his yammering continues about his vehicles but to a lesser degree when he feels my presence. I have always wanted a viper and as luck would have it one came up for sale a few months later that fit my bill,(triple black vert...man she is beautiful). I bought it and posted it on my screen saver at work making sure that I was in the picture, and it wasnt long before the news spread through my workplace like wildfire. Well, after he caught wind of it he shut his mouth, not even a peep. He is so upset with me that he leaves the room when i come around. Some guys cant handle not being the biggest fish.

Last edited:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been living here for almost two years now, and I found out very recently, that one of my neighbors (about 5 houses down) who moved away in the fall last year, actually moved away because he was no longer the "cool" guy on the street. Not that I consider myself the "cool" guy on the street or anything, but a few of my neighbors have just recently told me that his ego took a HUGE hit when he found out that the new guy on the block had a better car than his.

I thought they were bull****ting me because there can't be seriously people THAT ridiculous.... can there? Apparently he has lived there for 18 years now, and had no reason to move. In fact, he moved into another house literally 3 blocks away, in a similar looking house... so their story makes sense.... in a way. Thinking back to before I really had my car out of the garage (cause I only really got to drive it at night) he used to park his car outside in his driveway... rain, shine, or snow. His neighbors said that he used to say "I want everyone to know that I have a 'bad ass' car"

I have a neighbour who has a modded SS Nova, very nice ride btw, would wave every time he drove by, then when my baby comes home at the end of Sept, all of a sudden he loses his arm and has the straight ahead stare when driving down the street.

Too funny.
Reminds me a bit of this guy at work. I dont think I have yet to walk into a room that he is in and he is not talking about his cars...that is until recently. His car colection is nothing to talk about by the way...a Datson PU, a 1989 ford mustang in poor condition with bathtub caulking in the troofs to stop the leaks, and a 1990 volvo. One day I inquire as to why he is bragging about the cars he drives. IMO they are nothing to brag about and at best daily drivers. His response is you drive a F-150, and should have nothing to say. Its a new Fx4 loaded and shines like a new penny. So two days later I buy a new H2. His response when I roll into work is "thats not yours" I just laugh and walk away. He was partially right as I purchased it for my wife, but I didnt give him the satisfaction. As time goes on, his yammering continues about his vehicles but to a lesser degree when he feels my presence. I have always wanted a viper and as luck would have it one came up for sale a few months later that fit my bill. I bought it and posted it on my screen saver at work making sure that I was in the picture, and it wasnt long before the news spread through my workplace like wildfire. Well, after he caught wind of it he shut his mouth, not even a peep. He is so upset with me that he leaves the room when i come around. Some guys cant handle not being the biggest fish.
I think this is a Canadian problem... The biggest envy stories are originating from the great white north... Too much snow :dunno:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very funny story. What year and model Viper do you have and what year Corvette does your neighbor have?

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jealous people are the reason why I can't buy a Ferrari or a Lambo. I leave in a condo, and made enough stir with a Viper. I realized that there are many "obnoxious" people in this world. I had to deal with all kinds of nonsense from my neighbours. Too loud, Too smoggy ( Blows dust up in to air of the floor), Claims that it sets off the fire alarm (***?) One looser even called my car "Ugly" out of the blue. Not that I asked him for his opinion, I didn’t even know who the hell he was, he just recently had moved in and I saw him in the elevator once. I hope that this retard moves away :)

DrugDoc55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like swinging through WalMart every so often just to rub it in however!!

What's funny about this comment is I actually work at Walmart and drive my car there at least 2 or 3 times per work week when the weather is nice. I will go out for lunch, and people will follow me back to the parking lot and ask "Is that yours? AND YOU WORK FOR WALMART?" Pretty funny the stigma you get from working for a certain company. Never judge a book by its cover, and never think that a place a person works lets you assume how much money they do or don't make.
As to having neighbors move in or out, never happened but my neighbors have told a local Sheriff that lives nearby that I am always speeding - which I'm not, I do the speed limit in my area always. He told me his reply is "that's just because the car looks fast, and has a low profile with aggressive styling". He then proceeded to ask for a ride sometime. I love this car!

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think we have the same guy down the street.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we have the same guy down the street.

You're Viper is welcome at Firehouse Pizza. They have a large photo of one inside by the drink cooler.

:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• FirehoseViper.jpg
    FirehoseViper.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 495

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha! Your car wouldn't even be warm by the time you got there!

They have a large print of that photo hanging on their wall.

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is really sad that story if that was his motive for moving. If anyone's ego depends on what they own, then only the richest guy wins.

"And what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world"

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never understood peoples negativity toward others when they buy a sporty car. I can't wait for someone to tell me I am going straight to hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper