Now rendering my 3d Viper Model

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is really great work, my compliments! But, as mentioned above by Fatboy, think red would do wonders!:D

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New shots with a city scene:

You must be registered for see images

Still adding more to the scene.

Looks very good. You using Maya by chance? Try letting the keylight hit the car rather than hide it in shadow. With the large areas of light, the observer's eye gets pulled away from the car. Actually, if you want to have the car in shadow, pull down on the key (or bump up the fills a little bit) since it isn't doing anything for the car and there will be a little less of a difference between the super light areas and the dark. Now hit the viper with a rim light to make it pop from the background and give a little more depth to the shot. Good looking stuff, I still want to get my hands on that model:D

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks very good. You using Maya by chance? Try letting the keylight hit the car rather than hide it in shadow. With the large areas of light, the observer's eye gets pulled away from the car. Actually, if you want to have the car in shadow, pull down on the key (or bump up the fills a little bit) since it isn't doing anything for the car and there will be a little less of a difference between the super light areas and the dark. Now hit the viper with a rim light to make it pop from the background and give a little more depth to the shot. Good looking stuff, I still want to get my hands on that model:D

Yes it's modeled in Maya but rendered in Arion. Thanks for the nice suggestions I will try that.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes it's modeled in Maya but rendered in Arion. Thanks for the nice suggestions I will try that.

I noticed the Arion on the hud. How do you like that? I am pretty amazed at the hardware renderers coming out now. It beats the hell out of waiting for a software render to crank away and come out looking nothing like how you imagined.

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed the Arion on the hud. How do you like that? I am pretty amazed at the hardware renderers coming out now. It beats the hell out of waiting for a software render to crank away and come out looking nothing like how you imagined.

Arion and Fryrender are the best I think when it comes to hardware renderer. Some people like Octane but I personally haven't purchased it to try it. The only thing I don't like is if I need to add something to the scene I have to redo import into Arion and assign every material back to the objects. Vray is nice too for max but I'm using maya and it doesn't have the hardware rendering viewport in maya the last time I checked.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960