Now rendering my 3d Viper Model

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just in case you hadn't seen where I started Go here
I have been working on this for a while.

People have asked me my reasons for doing this and my answer is that I am doing this for personal growth and to keep up with the technology. I am currently a Senior graphics designer for a oil/gas company and don't do much 3d. Most of what I do now is print and video editing and effects, which is frankly basic and way to mundane. I got my masters 3d modeling for film cause this as always been my passion. Since the job market in 3d is so over saturated I am doing it to keep up with the market so that one day I could get a job in it soon. I would love to do stuff like this for a living I can spend hours after a full days work and not realize time has passed. Anyways here are my first render passes

You must be registered for see images

2nd Attempts with added chrome wheels/ gas cap tinted windows/ rear emblem logo/ mirrors and took the metallic out of the paint. Trying to match my viper as close as possible.

fixes that are coming. Adding an environment, making the fender insignia more plastic not chrome, fixing edges in paint. And fixing wheel chrome. to make it look more like polished aluminum.

Last edited:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang dude, you're very talented.

If you ever want to do your own jewelry designs,for the wife, I can grow the prototype, cast, and finish the peice.

Amazing technology!

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang dude, you're very talented.

If you ever want to do your own jewelry designs,for the wife, I can grow the prototype, cast, and finish the peice.

Amazing technology!

What type of files do you use for growing the prototypes? How far can you go, meaning can it be very complex?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the process, this is super cool, looks like you gots skillz, hope it leads you to a rewarding opportunity. Seems like there would a lot of cool things you can get into with this skill.

Keep sharing if you keep going!

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What scene would you want to see this viper in. I have designed a parking garage but what would really be cool to see it in?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, but your colors are way off. It needs to be Blue with Black stripes and a wing.....lol

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you did the chassis of like a Lamborghini, Ferrari, vette, and then put it in a cool desert canyon sort of scene with the other chassis' laying around like the digested remains of the vipers diet. That'd be wicked cool.

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damm you beat me to it :rolaugh: Would look much better in RED :D

Awesome, but your colors are way off. It needs to be Blue with Black stripes and a wing.....lol

Actually I can do any color I want it's so easy at this point to change the color to anything even metallic/chameleon etc.. But since I own a yellow coupe I did the yellow. I can take color requests if this starts looking good for posters haha. The ACR is in the works so stay tuned.

If you did the chassis of like a Lamborghini, Ferrari, vette, and then put it in a cool desert canyon sort of scene with the other chassis' laying around like the digested remains of the vipers diet. That'd be wicked cool.

That would be cool I might have to try that later to see if I can pull it off. The problem is that you can't tell from just looking at a chassis and that means I would have to start modeling lambo parts and vette parts and ferrari. That equals 3 more months worth of work. :omg: I might try it when I finish this to see what I can do.

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New shots with a city scene:

Still adding more to the scene.

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New shots with a city scene:

Still adding more to the scene.

That is BAD ***!!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great!
Even though it's not black with silver stripes. :D

What type of files do you use for growing the prototypes? How far can you go, meaning can it be very complex?
I'm going to guess here: SLA
That's what my stereolithography guys use.
They can do almost any shape, down to 0.1mm accuracy.

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great!
Even though it's not black with silver stripes. :D

I'm going to guess here: SLA
That's what my stereolithography guys use.
They can do almost any shape, down to 0.1mm accuracy.

I could do black but it wouldn't stand out as much as blue, red, or yellow.. I will do one when I get home to show you.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry, lost the thread for awhile.
In answer to your question about the file for growing prototypes, it's usually an STL file. For milling it's 3DM's or STL's.
Yes, they can be pretty darn complex. The real limitation comes in casting, we can get down to about .5mm details, but beyond that it can be problematic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235