Help looking over a "New" ACR

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Houston Texas VCA,

I am going to be buying an ACR from Tomball Dodge,23777 Tomball Parkway Tomball, TX 77375. I really need an extra set of eyes to look over this ACR as if you were buying it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
It's a White with Blue stripes and the last 6 numbers of the vin # are 500640. Bernie Katz is the salesman. He has been great sending me pictures and videos. BUUUTTT, I need an extra set of eyes who doesn't have anything to gain ($$$). I will gladly repay anyone for their time and effort.

Please let me know if anyone can help me out. I am purchasing this ACR by the end of the week if all goes well.

Ken Gomes
:usa:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Ken
Although I cannot help you look the car over, I can report I did buy my new ACR from Bernie last November and all went well.
I know the ACR you are looking at, I came thisclose to buying it's twin with the dual red stripes.
I bought mine without having seen it either, but Bernie is a stand up guy with an excellent reputation here.

Your car is new with only delivery miles, what do you think might be an issue?

OP
OP
ACR VYPR

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Jon, thank you for the information. I am just looking at getting an extra set of eyes to look this ACR over. I guess I am being a bit cautious....
Hello Ken
Although I cannot help you look the car over, I can report I did buy my new ACR from Bernie last November and all went well.
I know the ACR you are looking at, I came thisclose to buying it's twin with the dual red stripes.
I bought mine without having seen it either, but Bernie is a stand up guy with an excellent reputation here.

Your car is new with only delivery miles, what do you think might be an issue?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ken I've been over there many many times and their new ACR's are well...New.

Are you concerned about the condition of a pre owned gen IV? Their stuff is always top notch.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
As Viperjon said. Bernie has sold a good amount of Vipers and has an excellent rep in the Viper community. Perhaps myself or someone else from the Houston Club can look at the car, but I can honestly say I wouldn't be afraid to buy a new Viper from him sight unseen.

OP
OP
ACR VYPR

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's NOT Bernie I am worried about. It is the quality assurance on the Viper assembly line in Detroit that bothers me. A new car is not 100% perfect, but I want my ACR as close to that as possible. My Voi9 had some panel issues that took me over 2 1/2 years to get replacement parts for. All I am asking is for someone to give my ACR a good look over. Thats all... please?

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Viperjon said. Bernie has sold a good amount of Vipers and has an excellent rep in the Viper community. Perhaps myself or someone else from the Houston Club can look at the car, but I can honestly say I wouldn't be afraid to buy a new Viper from him sight unseen.

You should have went to bed when you got home last night!!! ;)

OP - I can look the car over for you if you like, I can even drag shooter_t1 along if he starts sleeping normal hours!!!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
You should have went to bed when you got home last night!!! ;)

OP - I can look the car over for you if you like, I can even drag shooter_t1 along if he starts sleeping normal hours!!!

I'll go with you Eric and look at the OP's car. I never turn down a chance to look at Viper's.

PS. I went to sleep right after I posted mommy

OP
OP
ACR VYPR

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am waiting on Bernie to explain some items on the paperwork he FedEx'ed over. After that I'll let you guys know.
Thank you so much for offering to help me out.
The "Buy It Now" option on E-Bay made this purchase easy!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good looking car. The stripe should be Viper blue not GTS blue in case you are wondering.

Bruce

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I think those are Viper Blue, lighter blue than GTS.

Like this:

[media]http://www.viperexchange.com/images/inventory/2009ViperSRT10ACRBlue_0411/large_34.jpg[/media]

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stripes are not GTS blue I can confirm that.
Pictures can be deceiving.
I bought a graphite with red stripes and in every picture the red looked "different" than GTS red like I had on my '98.
They just looked more orangey.

But when I got it I was relieved it was deep red same as GTS.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Hello all,

Is anyone interested in looking at an ACR at Tomball Dodge for me today?

FWIW, while I was getting TeamTech racing harnesses installed in mine last Tuesday, I looked your car over. Bernie has it stored upstairs, away from the average tire kickers and door touchers.:) Looks good and I didn't see any blemishes or anything in the paint. Looked like a brand new ACR with delivery miles should.

OP
OP
ACR VYPR

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eucharistos (Chris)

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Chris, eucharistos. He made a special trip out to Tomball Dodge to look over the ACR I am buying today. The information you provided me Chris was priceless. Thank you.

Bernie, Thank you for letting Chris look it over.
:)