PROJECT: "******** ACR-700R" Has Begun

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to dyno tomorrow. I have the full BBG/ACRX headers with cat, ported intake, K&N plus the Mopar PCM. I'll see how close I get you your numbers. What is your torque number?

last dyno was 587/562...you should be at or very close to 600rwhp with your mods:D

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one bad thing about the dei wrap is it holds moisture. and it will get hard and flake apart very quickly. we quit using the stuff and just went to thermal coatings (jet hot etc)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thermal coatings are the way to go.....

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thermal coatings are the way to go.....

Considering it's now almost 1:00 a.m. Saturday and I just spent the last 4 hours trying to wrap one header and am still not happy with the results I might have to agree!:mad: The primary tubes are so damn close to each other and with so many bends in a short distance it makes it a real challenge......:rolleyes:

I may be coating everything instead........stay tuned.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering it's now almost 1:00 a.m. Saturday and I just spent the last 4 hours trying to wrap one header and am still not happy with the results I might have to agree!:mad: The primary tubes are so damn close to each other and with so many bends in a short distance it makes it a real challenge......:rolleyes:

I may be coating everything instead........stay tuned.
are you itching yet????????;) just imagine what that **** does to your lungs.......
i gave up on that stuff a long time ago. no matter how good you wrap it, after it heat cycles, smokes, and makes your car and garage stink, then it looks like something off of a 30 year rat rod....... :lmao:

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you itching yet????????;) just imagine what that **** does to your lungs.......
i gave up on that stuff a long time ago. no matter how good you wrap it, after it heat cycles, smokes, and makes your car and garage stink, then it looks like something off of a 30 year rat rod....... :lmao:

:lmao:I can see you have been down this road by your first question. It's almost 48 hours since I gave up and I'm still itching like mad! :crazy2:

On to plan "B" tomorrow and don't bother asking what it is because I don't know.........:rolleyes:

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ballista could go with jet coating but they didn't. Guess why...

You must be registered for see images attach

No serious builders use coating. That new titanium wrap is great without smoking. Also, is so flexible and doesn't need moistening like those old fiberglass wraps. ;)

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todays update......definetly going with the ceramic 2000 degree coating on the headers and turnouts, I'll use the Ti wrap from the turnouts back to the muffler.

Toddy @ BBG has started the work on my heads & intake so hopefully I'll be ready to hit the dyno again by the end of this month! :D

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todays update......definetly going with the ceramic 2000 degree coating on the headers and turnouts, I'll use the Ti wrap from the turnouts back to the muffler.

Toddy @ BBG has started the work on my heads & intake so hopefully I'll be ready to hit the dyno again by the end of this month! :D

going on dyno this morning...should see 600+rwhp with cool morning air:omg::D

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ballista could go with jet coating but they didn't. Guess why...

You must be registered for see images attach

No serious builders use coating. That new titanium wrap is great without smoking. Also, is so flexible and doesn't need moistening like those old fiberglass wraps. ;)

i beg to differ. i make the billet vlave covers, throttle bodies, etc that ART, Underground racing, etc use on 1800hp beasts, and they-and us All use coatings.
my powersports business is highly involved with Kawasaki and KTM racing, and we never ever ever use wraping of anykind...but guess what we use........

you should see the twin viper engines land speed car being built............no wrap............but lots of thermal coatings.........welcome to 2011
that dei crap is only used when they dont have time to send it out for coating.....
i also do contract work for miltary applications, and thermal coatings are always utlilized.........dei wrapcrap is not.........never........nada.....

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention that all the header manufactures I've ever talked to *WILL* void the warranty on a set of headers if they determine you used wrap. They have absolutely no issues with jethot and the like.

--FQB

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i beg to differ. i make the billet vlave covers, throttle bodies, etc that ART, Underground racing, etc use on 1800hp beasts, and they-and us All use coatings.
my powersports business is highly involved with Kawasaki and KTM racing, and we never ever ever use wraping of anykind...but guess what we use........

you should see the twin viper engines land speed car being built............no wrap............but lots of thermal coatings.........welcome to 2011
that dei crap is only used when they dont have time to send it out for coating.....
i also do contract work for miltary applications, and thermal coatings are always utlilized.........dei wrapcrap is not.........never........nada.....

I am not trying to start a war, nor to prove who I am. I will only express my opinion based on facts I have witnessed.

Jetcoat gives a nice finish. Is it efficient like the wrap?No.

I had seen a study a couple of years ago, and wrap of a single layer could keep your engine room temperatures as low as 8-10% lower than any jet coating.

So, whats the reason to use jet-coating? Only for the finish?No, no.
Jet coating has another benefit. It can protect from corrosion.

In a cheaper construction of a non-stainless metal, jet coating is the best to go for both thermal and corrosion resistance.

You can see it everywhere. Mild steel + Coating.
Belanger with Aluminised jet coating. M&M with coating...etc.

DEI wrap should NOT be used on a non-stainless case, where moisture increases the effect of corrosion. You cant have mild steel with wrap!

That is what I know and it would be nice to hear other ideas based on different experience. :)

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not trying to start a war, nor to prove who I am. I will only express my opinion based on facts I have witnessed.

Jetcoat gives a nice finish. Is it efficient like the wrap?No.

I had seen a study a couple of years ago, and wrap of a single layer could keep your engine room temperatures as low as 8-10% lower than any jet coating.

So, whats the reason to use jet-coating? Only for the finish?No, no.
Jet coating has another benefit. It can protect from corrosion.

In a cheaper construction of a non-stainless metal, jet coating is the best to go for both thermal and corrosion resistance.

You can see it everywhere. Mild steel + Coating.
Belanger with Aluminised jet coating. M&M with coating...etc.

DEI wrap should NOT be used on a non-stainless case, where moisture increases the effect of corrosion. You cant have mild steel with wrap!

That is what I know and it would be nice to hear other ideas based on different experience. :)

no worries. that was a kickazz picture you posted...:2tu: if you like Vipers you gotta luv that pic.

edit..........i just realized, i made those valve covers! now i like it even more!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
582rwhp 551 trq

VicTxV10,

Strong HP numbers on your Viper (Lower Ported Intake / ACRX Headers / Stock Mufflers), especially since both dyno runs were sub 6000 rpm. Most dyno centers typically will run the Gen 4 Viper to redline because they are still making HP at the rev-limiter. When you have a chance and can get back to your dyno center, have the operator make several run's from mid 2000 rpm to Redline @ 6450 rpm with your current stock 2.5" mufflers. I think you may find a few extra ponies are still on the table (590 HP):D This will give you solid before & after HP/Trq data since your considering Borla's 3" high flow ACRX mufflers as your next performance upgrade. You did a great job in your garage (DIY) !!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER= :usa:

Last edited:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FastGuy68,

Good choice going with the Thermal Coating. I will send you one of our BBG ARP bolt kits to compliment your V10's pipes!!

Your cylinder heads & intake arrived in mint condition and have been completely disassembled and all components fully inspected. Next stop is the Porting & SuperFlow benches!!:2tu:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER= :usa:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
582rwhp 551 trq

Congrats on putting your project together. I read the other thread that you had the car dyno'd at ART in Texas. The dyno graph shows them shutting down the car by 6000 rpm....I figured they would go to at least 6400 rpm since you have the Mopar controller? I'm guessing there is at least another 10 or more horsepower left on the table...maybe even more with a 3" exhaust.

Did ART have any answer or reason as to why they shut the run down at such a low rpm? Keep up the good work on the build, finally got to drive my Coupe today, ready for some dry day driving :drive:

Cheers,
George

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on putting your project together. I read the other thread that you had the car dyno'd at ART in Texas. The dyno graph shows them shutting down the car by 6000 rpm....I figured they would go to at least 6400 rpm since you have the Mopar controller? I'm guessing there is at least another 10 or more horsepower left on the table...maybe even more with a 3" exhaust.

Did ART have any answer or reason as to why they shut the run down at such a low rpm? Keep up the good work on the build, finally got to drive my Coupe today, ready for some dry day driving :drive:

Cheers,
George

Thanks! Yes, David at ART said the tech messed up and pulled off the throttle early..way early!! I'm going back to run it again. I'm still happy with what I have. 582 to the tires with only a ported intake, headers and Mopar controller. I'm running 2-1/2 high flow cats and OEM 2-1/2" factory exhaust. Kick up the RPM's to 6400 and add in some 3" exhaust...:dunno:...600...:headbang: maybe??

OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the -12 Breather system I am installing minus the billet male Y fitting I am still waiting for from Aerotech. Toddy @ BBG will be selling this setup as a kit in the very near future.

You must be registered for see images

Here is the final part i am still waiting for....

And the valve cover fitting (ported vent)....although mine are black as you can see in the 1st pic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up my Ceramic Coated BBG ACR-X Headers today also.....:2tu: I had them done at a local coating shop that does an increadable job. I would reccomend him to anyone who's looking for a product thats even better than Jet-Hot! The name of the place is Cool Concepts Performance Coatings and the owner is Rick. By the way they are coated with a different type of ceramic on the inside and outside and you can hit the things (after coated) with a heavy steel hammer and it won't even affect the finish!! I would not have beleived it if I hadn't seen it.:headbang: