Viper Magazine

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I received my new Viper magazine today along with a nice calendar (good to see PA's own viper67 in there). The magazine is very nice quality and has some great content. I'm looking forward to the cover story about one of my favorite performers.

What I didn't find though is the voting ballot? I flipped through all pages of the calendar and magazine, but didn't find anything. I'm sure I missed it somewhere. Should it be a separate insert, part of a page in the mag, in the calendar, or???

V

Venomiss

I received my new Viper magazine today along with a nice calendar (good to see PA's own viper67 in there). The magazine is very nice quality and has some great content. I'm looking forward to the cover story about one of my favorite performers.

What I didn't find though is the voting ballot? I flipped through all pages of the calendar and magazine, but didn't find anything. I'm sure I missed it somewhere. Should it be a separate insert, part of a page in the mag, in the calendar, or???

Mark,

They show you as both a subscriber and a member. You must have received your subscription copy first as the member magazine will have a ballot.

If you have questions on the magazine please email [email protected] first as it can generally be addressed more quickly that way - the forums are not monitored as often. For administrative issues such as balloting you can write [email protected]. Thanks!

OP
OP
markk

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I do find it quite odd that I received my subscription version (signed up last year through Amazon.com) before my member version. This came priority mail, which should be 3 days, or less (Ohio isn't that far).

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh lord, i hope there is a viper magazine in the mail for me today.

I think yours will also include the only known pic to exist of the Gen 5 :rolaugh:

There's even a great photo of me on page 46. Some blonde chick is in the way though :rolaugh:

For those wanting me to autograph the picture of me in their magazine, please send your magazine and a check for $100 (return postage included in price) to Gwinnett Mall *******.

Additional autograph options:
Personalized autographs- $125.00
Your name spelled correctly- $150.00
Your name and my name spelled correctly: $200

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was very surprised to seee jeff Dunham on the cover of the Viper magazine... I do like his stand up tho, so hopefully it will be an interesting read :)

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty cool.... I just renewed my membership...got the magazine today with the ballot! I haven't received my membership renewal packet yet, but go the magazine!

Cool, way more timely than before!

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday and I have to admit, the new mag is MUCH better than the old one. Good job to those that contributed in the effort. I haven't had a chance to read all the articles, but it's really a magazine now, not just a bunch of advertising.

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are waiting for the exchange rate to get better before we get ours :dunno: I hope it arrives soon, I've read everything I have in the bathroom 10 times over :lmao:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All have been shipped, including international (which were also sent Priority). They have gotten a few back as undeliverable, but nobody that posts here so far. Very glad everybody seems to like it so far.

Don't forget that it is easy to get publish in the magazine, Chad didn't have to do any heavy lifting at all. Send your stories and photos to [email protected] and you have an excellent chance to see yourself in an upcoming issue!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All have been shipped, including international (which were also sent Priority). They have gotten a few back as undeliverable, but nobody that posts here so far. Very glad everybody seems to like it so far.

Don't forget that it is easy to get publish in the magazine, Chad didn't have to do any heavy lifting at all. Send your stories and photos to [email protected] and you have an excellent chance to see yourself in an upcoming issue!

To be fair and balanced, I believe a front shot is required for the next issue:

You must be registered for see images

This pic is obviously to show off my Ralph Gilles AND Herb Helbig autographed VOI pass.

Can I have my own little corner article each month where I post a Viper w/hottie pic with a caption? Call it "Viper Corner Girls" or something. (Ok...maybe the title needs a little tweaking :lmao:) Seriously, there's a lot of (non-copyrighted) pics in the Chick/Viper thread that deserve to be in a magazine :D

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE blondes... :naughty:

To be fair and balanced, I believe a front shot is required for the next issue:

You must be registered for see images

This pic is obviously to show off my Ralph Gilles AND Herb Helbig autographed VOI pass.

Can I have my own little corner article each month where I post a Viper w/hottie pic with a caption? Call it "Viper Corner Girls" or something. (Ok...maybe the title needs a little tweaking :lmao:) Seriously, there's a lot of (non-copyrighted) pics in the Chick/Viper thread that deserve to be in a magazine :D

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought the magazine was well put together and worth while. Only a few comments:

1. No date of issue on cover or anywhere.
2. No table of contents page
3. Small print disclaimer page talks about annual subscription being 4 issues, yet I remember the club bragging about now having 6 issues per year so which is it.
4. Canadian dollar has trumped the usd dollar for almost two years in general so why would we continue to charge the Canadian subsciptions an extra $15 over standard US subsciption rate. I suggest the club get with the times already. I also believe there was an issue on international orders being way, way too high in cost as well. Let's be fair to our international bretheren.

Beyond that, I thought it was an okay issue.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought the magazine was well put together and worth while. Only a few comments:

1. No date of issue on cover or anywhere.
Page 5, top LH corner: "Volume 17, Issue 1, February 2011"

2. No table of contents page
Its on page 4

3. Small print disclaimer page talks about annual subscription being 4 issues, yet I remember the club bragging about now having 6 issues per year so which is it.
I caught that as well. I'm sure it was a typo that just didn't get corrected

4. Canadian dollar has trumped the usd dollar for almost two years in general so why would we continue to charge the Canadian subsciptions an extra $15 over standard US subsciption rate. I suggest the club get with the times already. I also believe there was an issue on international orders being way, way too high in cost as well. Let's be fair to our international bretheren.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with shipping. 6 issues=$15 more. So, they're paying an additional $2.50 each to cover the increased postage

Beyond that, I thought it was an okay issue.
Just ok? What did you think of the past JRT produced magazines? This issue is way better than what they did, IMO.

Last edited:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Magazine, but now we need a different way to store them. This format will not fit into the binders any more!
PBR

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm sure it has a lot to do with shipping. 6 issues=$15 more. So, they're paying an additional $2.50 each to cover the increased postage

Yup. Sadly Chad is right. The shipping is expensive and slow I might add! It costs a lot to pay and feed the sled dogs here in OCanada.

I will say the suspense is killing me! I want to see this thing!! Sounds great!:headbang:

EDIT: Clarification: I want to see the magazine. Not the picture of Chad's butt. :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. as normal Chad is right. The shipping is expensive and slow I might add! It costs a lot to pay and feed the sled dogs here in OCanada.

I will say the suspense is killing me! I want to see this thing!! Sounds great!:headbang:

EDIT: Clarification: I want to see the magazine. Not the picture of Chad's butt. :D

I made one small change for you. And remember, when you send your magazine in for my autograph, I charge additional shipping as well. Not b/c of where you live, but b/c of who you are. Double all my above prices to see what its gonna cost you.

p.s.--its not my butt that made the magazine :D

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad;

Thanks! I thought it was a very good issue. I looked through it again and did find that:

My Page 4 and 5 were very stuck together (electrostatically) which is why I did not see the TOC, nor issue #, date and the great letter from Ralph. (My error on that).

In the small print, if it is adding $15 for Canadian orders to cover shipping, then just have it say $15 additional for shipping costs. I know it is not a big deal but I thought the club was going to be trying to get non club people to buy subscriptions even if it means they are not a card carrying member of the VCA. Having lived in Canada for many years and how the auto indutry has ***** the Canadians on car and parts costs with exchange rates, etc. it is better to be more direct in what that additonal cost is for. In doing and saying that, if that is the direction of the magazine, then it makes sense to put a magazine cost on the front cover as well. These are just suggestions.

Hey I just want the club and magazine to do as best it can. Thanks!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I just want the club and magazine to do as best it can.

And rest assured that we are doing everything humanly possible to do just that. :2tu:

The suggestions are all very good ones and most will be seen in upcoming issues. The "4 issues per year" was indeed a typo - it should be 6 issues per year. The "for additional postage" will be added to the international rates shown.

As for the issue date and cover price, that was an unintentional omission that will be corrected in future issues as well. Indeed, our goal is to return it to book store shelves where it disappeared from years ago. So not only will you see the date and cover price, but the bar code should be returning soon as well.

We are thinking about adding a regular "Focus on..." feature for both regional clubs and sponsoring vendors. We will continue with the "DIY" section and showcase some custom builds in the future. This is something that was difficult in the past as it was largely a Dodge publication and aftermarket mods/maintenance weren't generally featured. That said, you will note the reappearance of both Dodge and Mopar ads after a considerable absence. We are delighted to have them on board as well!

Keep those suggestions coming, as this is YOUR club and your magazine and we want it to be the very best it can be.