2006 Viper Supercharged

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New here, looking to get a Viper. Any idea what the value of an 06' with Paxton Supercharger at approx. 13,000 miles would be?

Trying to purchase from a dealer but I think his price is too high. Also concerned about the boost at 8 lbs. and no bottom end modifications.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Value of the car would depend on the model (coupe or vert?) and the color of the car. Coupes cost a little more, and certain colors hold their value better. Also, any other mods done (coil-overs, wheels, brakes, etc..)

Paxton at 8-9 psi is just the out-of-the-box system. It is dead nuts reliable. These engines are generally "safe" up to 700 rwhp with the Paxton. I've actually never heard of anyone blowing up a stock engine on a stock Paxton kit. Just a few that turn the boost up have seen it happen.

What is the dealer asking?

OP
OP
T

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is black with white stripes, Coupe with Corsa exhaust but stock everything else (except Blower).

Viper tech said he is wary of such set ups and feels the pistons and rods should be forged for the blower. Car makes 750HP.

Dealer is asking $59,999 but I got him lower. Still think it is too high though.

Other thing was the ride was rough as hell! I think the car has runflats which probably contributed to the situation. It was uncomfortable and loud, which had a certain appeal to it.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the value of the car minus the paxton ?

getting a good paxton installed is around 15K ?

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is black with white stripes, Coupe with Corsa exhaust but stock everything else (except Blower).

Viper tech said he is wary of such set ups and feels the pistons and rods should be forged for the blower. Car makes 750HP.

Dealer is asking $59,999 but I got him lower. Still think it is too high though.

Other thing was the ride was rough as hell! I think the car has runflats which probably contributed to the situation. It was uncomfortable and loud, which had a certain appeal to it.

That sounds awfully high. If you want to spend 60k buy the twin turbo vert in the classified.

OP
OP
T

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if it is warranted or not, but I am placing a value on having a stock Viper over a modified one.

I will keep it 2 years tops and then sell it. I don't know if modified Vipers "translate" well in the pre-owned markets?

KBB has a retail stock Viper 2006 at $57k. Modified or not and certainly without a warranty, I wouldn't want to pay more than that. Am I correct in that thinking?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
before buying a boosted car make sure to do your homework on the build and tuner. the tune is the most important part of the build. make sure and get a LEAKDOWN TEST, not just a compression check.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if it is warranted or not, but I am placing a value on having a stock Viper over a modified one.

I will keep it 2 years tops and then sell it. I don't know if modified Vipers "translate" well in the pre-owned markets?

KBB has a retail stock Viper 2006 at $57k. Modified or not and certainly without a warranty, I wouldn't want to pay more than that. Am I correct in that thinking?

When buying a Viper forget about KBB. It means nothing.

OP
OP
T

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When buying a Viper forget about KBB. It means nothing.

I don't disagree, but given market conditions, you have to have some basis for "objective" car values. Obviously all prices are local and dependent on buyer and seller.

I think what I will do is save up a little more and just get the Gen 4 Viper Coupe.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't disagree, but given market conditions, you have to have some basis for "objective" car values. Obviously all prices are local and dependent on buyer and seller.

I think what I will do is save up a little more and just get the Gen 4 Viper Coupe.

There is a book called how to buy a viper. It can provide you some good insight. If you mention kbb value to a viper owner as a point to bring price down he will look at you like your crazy. I remember when I bought my first one kbb was 32k. You will not even come close to a low mileage bee for that price and I was educated on the situation.

OP
OP
T

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a book called how to buy a viper. It can provide you some good insight. If you mention kbb value to a viper owner as a point to bring price down he will look at you like your crazy. I remember when I bought my first one kbb was 32k. You will not even come close to a low mileage bee for that price and I was educated on the situation.

Again, I agree with you, but remember I am looking at a car from the DEALER, not an individual seller.

It is a moot point since I have decided to save up for Gen IV next year, hopefulyl there will be some good deals then.