Viper X 10 Fastest at Chuckwalla

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing better than an interesting looking website...

that delivers zero information....:rolleyes:

Too bad....

ViperX10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nothing better than an interesting looking website...

that delivers zero information....:rolleyes:

Too bad....

Sorry about that. I published the web site 5 days ago. I am doing my best to add as much information as it becomes available.

So... What kind of information (that is not on the Web site) would you be looking for?

If you are looking for the address to send a Deposit we can arrange that very easily. :D

Terry Rossi.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice work Terry!! Seems like your work has paid off. Thanks for keeping the viper ahead of the pack!!!! I hope to see your car in person this summer, will you be at Gingerman July 22-24?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Mr Rossi,
Is it possible to get these Diffuser blades for my Gen 4?.

If possible, please PM with price.

Thank you,
Robert

Attachments

• a44e.jpg
    a44e.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 42

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about that. I published the web site 5 days ago. I am doing my best to add as much information as it becomes available.

So... What kind of information (that is not on the Web site) would you be looking for?

If you are looking for the address to send a Deposit we can arrange that very easily. :D

Terry Rossi.

Congrats on your run last weekend. Car looks like it works well.

Approximately how much lighter are the panels over the stock setup on a coupe?

George

ViperX10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mr Rossi,
Is it possible to get these Diffuser blades for my Gen 4?.

If possible, please PM with price.

Thank you,
Robert

Sorry, the rear bumper is completely different than any stock Viper Bumper. The blades would not fit on a stock bumper.

ViperX10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think he said kits would start under 5K.

I was thinking about making a super low cost body kit using fiber glass instead of Carbon fiber in order to have the look of the X10 for a low price (although there would be no weight saving, which is ok for people who don't track their cars). There would still be the benefits of the wide body and I thought we could come up with a price around $5000, but this is not what we intended to do in the first place. The intention was to create the fastest street legal car you can drive to the track (like the Porsche GT3 RS, Audi R8 GT, Lambo SV or Balboni, etc.)
I believe I proved we succeeded. After discussing with my partner, we might just stick to what we planned originally which was to deliver complete cars will the whole package and not offer the "Cheap" alternative. After all, we are race engineers, not mass producers of body parts. We could build 5 to 10 cars per year and that's all we want to do. Each car will be setup at the shop then at the track and I will provide a couple of days of driving instruction if necessary. I would love to see Viper X10's beating every other cars at track days all over the country.

We are pretty much doing what Pratt and Miller did with the Corvette C6RS, except that our car is 1/2 the price and twice faster. :rolaugh:

I really don't think anyone can come up with anything that can be faster on a track and still have A/C, power windows, no cage be 100% smog legal (which eliminates right away all the souped-up 1000hp turbo Evo's, GTR's and all)

Now imagine if our test car was based on a Gen 4 with few engine "improvements" instead of our 2003 stock gen3. That would be incredibly faster...

Good night every one, I am at Willow Spring. Now that I believe I have found the right setup for the car, tomorrow I will test it at Willow again to see how it goes. Best official lap time to beat is 1:29 (of course the ACR owns the record so far with the 911 GT2 close behind). We will beat this for sure as I have already done a 1:27 (the video is on the web site at Home) when the car was still under development.

Keep you posted...

This is very exciting for me!!! For many year, I was screaming out loud to every one that the Viper was the fastest track car one could buy. Now I am pretty much making sure that a Viper will hold all the track records it goes to. And I don't think any other car (street legal) will beat these records in a looooong time... Let's Piss off the Porsche guys, GTR guys, etc... :drive:

ViperX10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those that don't recognize Thierry's sign in name:

Jean Girard (Character) - Quotes

Thierry doing the Ricky Bobby stuff with Manny Coates was hilarious.

They forgot the line where Jean says:

"Rrrickie aBoby... What happened last night was truly regrrratable and as a sign of ------ (forgot was was the word) If you kiss me on the lips right now, I will go back to Paris and you will never see me in Nascar anymore".

That was a good one!!!

P.S: I want to emphasize the fact that I like to compare my driving skill with those of Jean Girard but I would not go so far about his ****** orientation. :nono: Thank You.

OP
OP
S

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at the car, and the weight loss was from the carbon fiber panels, the plexi back window, the missing passenger seat, carpet and sound insulation, and the skinny French driver.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is a bit under 3100 lbs.

Please consider doing the carbon fiber body replacement panels that can be installed by the end user or qualified body shop. Cars can then be put back to stock if need be with the original panels. The carbon fiber panels could then be sold or installed on another car. That would make your kit very marketable.

Turn key cars might have a very limited market.

Good luck, looks like you're onto something cool.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
S

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just emailed that he did a 1:24.7 at Willow Springs. This was on my discarded R6s that were on cords. He saved his new tires.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Sorry, the rear bumper is completely different than any stock Viper Bumper. The blades would not fit on a stock bumper.

No problem, I have already made some templates to fit on a stock bumper. Congrats on the awesome Willow lap time.:2tu: