Skip Shift Vendor Warning

s55c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A heads up warning,,,, Adaptive Performance might be out of bussiness??? THAT OR JUST A RIP OFF B**** I purchased online last month a skipshift eliminator from them,, paid with paypal,,, I got nothing,,, no replies to several emails,, no part,, no reply to paypal claims... my 2cents

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had good and bad luck with paypal....on one occassioin they were able to get the non-conforming vendor to pay for something (vendor did not deliver); I try to use the credit card function on paypal now as it gives me an alternative to disputing a purchase.

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were a few guys on ebay sending you a piece of paper and a 2.2K resistor, telling you to push the ends of the resistor into the wire ends of the female half of the connector and tape it up, and you were good to go. This is on the solenoid located on the top of the T56 tranny. It's the farthest forward connector of the three on the transmission. The light still lights up but you can shift to whatever gear you want. They were charging $20-$50 for a ten cent resistor! I guess you could call that a rip-off except for the knowledge they also gave with the instruction sheet. OOPS! I just gave away their product! FYI!

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only time I have seen it to be a problem is in slow moving traffic. You want to go a little faster than 1st gear but it won't let you get to 2nd gear to creep along a little faster.

West Coast GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe you can stick it into neutral for about 3 seconds, then the light will go off and it will let you get into 2nd, no need to go above 2000 RPM or you can quickly shift into 4th, then back to 2nd without letting the clutch out.

OP
OP
S

s55c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its not so much the idea of not being able to shift around it, its more about being made to work around it,,, just a minor thing but I've never been good at being dictated to,,,, but lets not lose site of this thread,,,, LYING, THEIVING VENDOR!

JRC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no real problem with my 08. I just bump, pop it out of first letting it go to nuteral then I can select any gear I choose. Practice makes perfect.

Last edited:

48 Viper

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain what the purpose for shifting to 4th if you are below 20 mph? Where it was a problem for me was turning left in traffic and wanting to get out of 1st gear ('95 tend to buck at low RPM/idle in 1st). I have never been able to think of a reason for 1st to 4th and figure it is a regulation set up by some idiot bureacrat who thinks we should be driving some hybrid. Currently, I have skip shift, nuetral safety switch and clutch pedal all disconnected. Car gets over 24 mpg on the highway at 75-80mph. Better than my wife's Lexus!

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they stuck that skip shift in there because the manufacturer would have been fined due to emmission standards. They may have failed to meet these standards had they taken 2nd and 3rd gear into account for average city driving...I could be wrong though. I also have a '95 and I just unplugged the skip shift solenoid. The light comes on, but I can shift to whatever gear I want. I'm a little leery on bypassing the clutch safety switch...although it has been giving me fits as of late.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235