My New Alcantara Steering Wheel

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did the install on my new custom alcantara steering wheel, is a flat bottom with ergo grips. The wheel feels soooooo good I think is one of my best mods on the car. Few pics let me know what you guys think.
You must be registered for see images attach

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks awesome! If you don't mind me asking, who did the work, how much and can they do Gen 2 wheels?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cubican, looks very good! I had mine covered with alcantara with red stiching too. Feel is better and it is slightly thicker. I like that flat bottom. Wish I was close to you to demo it, I'd like feel the new upper portion and see if I felt comfortable on the track. Nice work! Mike

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cubican, looks very good! I had mine covered with alcantara with red stiching too. Feel is better and it is slightly thicker. I like that flat bottom. Wish I was close to you to demo it, I'd like feel the new upper portion and see if I felt comfortable on the track. Nice work! Mike
So far I just love the feel, the grips are spot on, and like yours is thicker .the alcantara is a great material for the wheel.

whats involved in the install process?
Is not hard at all, you will need a standart wheel puller 8mm and 13mm socket and 20 min of your time.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, Looks nice and comfy. Im planning on repacing my steeringwheel in the future and would like for the grip to be that material for sweat resistance & grip since i dont like to wear gloves

Those wandering, Alcantara is basically a synthetic suede

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! Those guys are huge on CorvetteForum, and have always received compliments on service and products over there.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a mamba steering wheel I got one for sale.
You must be registered for see images

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a response for a gen 2 wheel. $299 if you provide them the wheel, not too bad. Now I need to buy a spare wheel to send them :)

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing it also, they contacted. I just need my brother to remove the wheel and send to them. I wont be home until July anyways. ;)

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks real nice. I bought a second factory one and had my buddy wrap it in suede. I have a suede wheel in all my vehicles, even my truck. For me, it's the only way to go. I have a spare factory wheel if anyone needs.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a response for a gen 2 wheel. $299 if you provide them the wheel, not too bad. Now I need to buy a spare wheel to send them :)

Thats great,when it comes to the cost it just depends on what you want, they can also do carbom fiber. The feel is incredeble you will love it and the work is great.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always wanted a D style steering wheel, and have alcantara on my brother's M3. I'd love to check it out at the next N. Tx. VCA Meeting!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like that is the way the Viper should have come. However, I think the middle part should look like it is the same material.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry, not a fan. Looks like it has some inflatable wrap.

The mod is not for everyone, My big complaint about the viper wheel is that is so thin. Once you feel the extra grip and confort you will never go back to stock.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always wanted a D style steering wheel, and have alcantara on my brother's M3. I'd love to check it out at the next N. Tx. VCA Meeting!
Cars and coffee is coming up I will be there.

It looks like that is the way the Viper should have come. However, I think the middle part should look like it is the same material.
The thing with the middle your air bag is there and is a soft plastic, it can be done but in the past I had problems with that.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the look of it, but at the price for the wheel they are charging and then to have it wrapped on top of that, I think I'll hold off. Lots of other stuff to do first!
I agree that the stock center plastic really takes away from the look, but I'm not sure what your options would be considering that is the airbag.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the look of it, but at the price for the wheel they are charging and then to have it wrapped on top of that, I think I'll hold off. Lots of other stuff to do first!
I agree that the stock center plastic really takes away from the look, but I'm not sure what your options would be considering that is the airbag.
The price was for a turn key product including the reshape of the wheel. there are cheeper ways if you just want a re-cover job, they do exellent work.I have done a ton of mods and the steering wheel is on top of the list.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...including the reshape of the wheel.

Please forgive my ignorance of non-GEN II vipers. Let me get this straight...you sent them a steering wheel that was not flat on the bottom and did not have ergo grips...correct? They made it flat on the bottom and reshaped for ergo grips and added the alcantera covering with colored stitching...correct? Did you get any other options?

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance of non-GEN II vipers. Let me get this straight...you sent them a steering wheel that was not flat on the bottom and did not have ergo grips...correct? They made it flat on the bottom and reshaped for ergo grips and added the alcantera covering with colored stitching...correct? Did you get any other options?
That is correct for the options they are endless from carbon fiber to any leather you want. They are custom made and they can make a wheel just the way you like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper