Sequential shifter

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Anybody know if this is possible on a Gen 4.? Or who I could talk too that would know. Guy's are using them on the Porsche GT3's and such.

Costs 6-7k as opposed to the 26k+ for an Emco or Holinger.
Fits on the stock 6 speed.

Thanks,
Robert

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjbGCFSacBw&feature=player_embedded[/media]

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is possible and has been done albeit expensive. Call Ben Keating at Port Lavaca Dodge for info. Sequential shifting in pro road racing is very common now and the H pattern is old school to them. Shaves a lot of time off.

OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Yes it is possible and has been done albeit expensive. Call Ben Keating at Port Lavaca Dodge for info.

6-7k for a GT3 RS, shouldn't be much more for a Viper. The guy I talked to shaved 2-3 seconds his 1st couple of laps.

I'll give Ben or Bernie a call then. Appreciate it:)

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot old Bernie and I just bought a new Viper from him. Ben was on my mind since he and I are good friends and he just came back from driving in the 24 hour at Daytona where he drove a sequential Porsche. Bernie can lead you in the right direction and probably with Bens wrench !!

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anybody know if this is possible on a Gen 4.? Or who I could talk too that would know. Guy's are using them on the Porsche GT3's and such.

Costs 6-7k as opposed to the 26k+ for an Emco or Holinger.
Fits on the stock 6 speed.

Thanks,
Robert

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjbGCFSacBw&feature=player_embedded[/media]

What costs $6-7K? A sequential transmission?

OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
What costs $6-7K? A sequential transmission?

No sir a sequential tranny costs more like 26k. I'm looking at a sequential shifter. Still uses the clutch and stock transmission, but pullback to gear up, push foward to gear down etc.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Emco in my opinion is the best (I have driven and worked on them all) price reflects that. Holiger-Porsche is a transaxel, should be more pricey than Viper gearbox only, but isn't due to less availbilty. Dont take this the wrong way, but you can't bolt up a shifter to change an H-pattern to a sequential. ...Are you thinking of a tiptronuic type auto? If you get a good used Holinger you can not fit the OE Viper HRB on the input shaft, as it is bigger, being rated for higher torque, you will have to go Tilton (HRB, pedal stop and all)!

OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Dont take this the wrong way, but you can't bolt up a shifter to change an H-pattern to a sequential.

Thank you for your imput Miss Nadine. Here's the site..and they HAVE bolted up a shifter to change the H-pattern to a sequential pattern. They call it an Oakley shifter on your side of the pond. Remember, I said a sequential shifter, not sequential tranny.:) If you watch the video I attached in my 1st post you will see that the driver is still using the clutch.

Robert

Porsche Sequential Shifter System [SQS & Cartronic Motorsports] Distributed by AQ Performance - SEQUENTIAL SHIFTERS - SQS & CARTRONIC MOTORSPORTS - PORSCHE SEQUENTIAL SHIFTER - PERFORMANCE FOR ROAD AND TRACK

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that's a shifter in desperate need of a shorter throw alternative! Is that a shifter or an oil derrick? Cool idea. I asked about sequential gearboxes at a VOI about 12 years ago and the factory guys just said cost prohibitive due to torque handling requirements.:(

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqHjbLbeRUA&feature=player_embedded[/media]

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that like a "dogbox" T-56? I have one built by Liberty Transmissions. I am selling. From what I unterstand, no clutch is used to up shift from 1st to 6th.

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes it is mine. Emco sequential transmission. Drops right in place . Zero boost drop between shifts . You can use a clutch if you want or when driving around just lift off the throttle to unload a bit and pull the lever back. When youve got it stuck to the matt just pull the lever and it slips right into the next gear. When I get it on the street and do some high quality video.

here is one from inside just warming it up.

YouTube - MOV01526

OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
yes it is mine. Emco sequential transmission. Drops right in place . Zero boost drop between shifts . You can use a clutch if you want or when driving around just lift off the throttle to unload a bit and pull the lever back. When youve got it stuck to the matt just pull the lever and it slips right into the next gear. When I get it on the street and do some high quality video.

here is one from inside just warming it up.

YouTube - MOV01526

Looks good. Thanks for posting it. Little more than I want to spend though. Last I looked an Emco was about 26k plus. What software do you have running the Emco?.

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pectel but any ecu that offers flat shift or a cut will work.

OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Is that like a "dogbox" T-56? I have one built by Liberty Transmissions. I am selling. From what I unterstand, no clutch is used to up shift from 1st to 6th.

I looked at one of those not too long ago, and the dog box still has the "H" pattern. Even though you don't use the clutch, you still have to go through the 1,2,3,etc H pattern.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss