Aries gets TWINS!

OP
OP
V

ViperTuner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just to clarify our definition of a kit... In my experience over the last 14 years in the performance industry, nothing stated as a "kit" from a manufacturer just bolts on without some sort of modifications, so I have made it our mission to always custom build your "kit" for your vehicle. Yes there are similarities between the actually placement of parts between the Gen3 and Gen4 but the engines are completely different. Variable cam control, Sequential engine management systems and drive by wire are nothing new to us here. There are many choices for the Gen4 for engine management and it all depends on how you wish to "skin the cat" which normally is up to the actual designer of the build. Since we are an in-house facility here not only does the kit include piping and turbos but the engine build kit as well.

Here is a link to a video of a VW VR6 R32 running at VIR for its first race of the season this year. (start at :27) VW R32 This is an example of a standalone EMS to control DBW, Rear Diff Control, Secondary Runner control, Dual cam control and Seq. control on a car that several top EMS manufacturers had no information on. The purchase of several SAE papers written by VW on the way the OEM engine management system controlled the engine was needed to complete this build properly.

Thanks for following along. I have to get back to the 700whp SuperCharged Gen3 on the dyno to finish up the SCT tune so I can make room for Aries' car next!

Howard

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just to clarify our definition of a kit... In my experience over the last 14 years in the performance industry, nothing stated as a "kit" from a manufacturer just bolts on without some sort of modifications, so I have made it our mission to always custom build your "kit" for your vehicle. Yes there are similarities between the actually placement of parts between the Gen3 and Gen4 but the engines are completely different. Variable cam control, Sequential engine management systems and drive by wire are nothing new to us here. There are many choices for the Gen4 for engine management and it all depends on how you wish to "skin the cat" which normally is up to the actual designer of the build. Since we are an in-house facility here not only does the kit include piping and turbos but the engine build kit as well.

Here is a link to a video of a VW VR6 R32 running at VIR for its first race of the season this year. (start at :27) VW R32 This is an example of a standalone EMS to control DBW, Rear Diff Control, Secondary Runner control, Dual cam control and Seq. control on a car that several top EMS manufacturers had no information on. The purchase of several SAE papers written by VW on the way the OEM engine management system controlled the engine was needed to complete this build properly.

Thanks for following along. I have to get back to the 700whp SuperCharged Gen3 on the dyno to finish up the SCT tune so I can make room for Aries' car next!

Howard

Yes please get your ass to work and finish my car!!!! :D lol

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I am sure Howard could if needed, the wording of the previous posts indicates he was talking about a "kit" form, which would be end user/private shop installed. The Tuning systems [Pectel/Motec] used in the Gen-4's are NOT something that a DIY should ever attempt, nor even most shops would be capable of doing correctly... and that's before actually tuning it... that's all I am saying.

Agreed.....

Installing the parts and making it run are two different things.....

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I heard THE BEAST awaken yesterday!!!! Howard sent me a short audio clip and it sounds soooooooo bad ass!!!! I could hear the turbo winding down after he rev'd it up. Damn I'm like a kid that found his first ***** mag!!! :D lol

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I heard THE BEAST awaken yesterday!!!! Howard sent me a short audio clip and it sounds soooooooo bad ass!!!! I could hear the turbo winding down after he rev'd it up. Damn I'm like a kid that found his first ***** mag!!! :D lol

Remind me not to shake your hands if I ever meet you :rolaugh:

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL. I remember the first time I heard my turbo car, scared the piss out of me. You're going to have quite a beast on your hands.

Best of luck with it, I can't wait to check it out.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm picking up my car tomorrow!!!! So far we have got 820hp and 907tq. The horsepower curve is sick, flat from 4800 to 6500. Only running 8psi of boost. Need to wait for the sticky tires to turn the wick up more. :D

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correction.....make that 867hp and 951tq :D :D :D

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2_28.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_28.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
V

ViperTuner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our videographer is out of the shop today... He'll be back Monday morning and we'll get some videos up. I'm sure by that time, we'll have some Crab Feast videos to go along with it. :)

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, just drove the car again this morning. The only way to describe it is mayhem on 4 wheels!!!! Wow, it is fast!! Topping near 4th and grabbing 5th, it's still pulling......like a freight train!!! It doesn't want to stop accelleration. I was grinning ear to ear. In fact, I'm grinning ear to ear just typing this. :D :D :D

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, just drove the car again this morning. The only way to describe it is mayhem on 4 wheels!!!! Wow, it is fast!! Topping near 4th and grabbing 5th, it's still pulling......like a freight train!!! It doesn't want to stop accelleration. I was grinning ear to ear. In fact, I'm grinning ear to ear just typing this. :D :D :D

Need a new video of a flyby!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car sounded like a caged animal pulling in to the restaurant today. Congrats on having the baddest beast on the block Joe. Do us a favor and be careful until you get used that monster!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car sounded like a caged animal pulling in to the restaurant today. Congrats on having the baddest beast on the block Joe. Do us a favor and be careful until you get used that monster!

I agree, this thing is a beast! Everytime I heard it, my pants fit a little tighter!

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score

lol thats what its all about :D

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Plum. The differece in the twin turbo's and the Paxton I had on last year are staggering. Even though we are running roughly the same boost, with the turbos full boost comes in WAY sooner than the Paxton.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth