Help identifying parts around the engine

800SX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Currently fitting a viper engine into another vehicle but just trying to work out where some bits go and what they are for:-

What is this and where does it sit?
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyone know what goes onto this rusty pipe/outlet?

Where does this hose locate? seems to have a bit of broken plastic on it :(

what goes into this? I'm guessing a breather. (It's located on your drivers side rocker)

Do these engines have a fuel pump return? if so any ideas where on the engine?

I'm also after a water pump pulley from a Gen 1, and a dip stick if anyone can help out? Will need to be delivered to England, UK

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Dan :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan,
it looks like you have a Gen I engine. The third picture is the map sensor I believe. These cars do not have a return fuel line.

Last edited:
OP
OP

800SX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan,
it looks like you have a Gen I engine. The second picture is the map sensor I believe. These cars do not have a return fuel line.

Yep Gen 1 (4 ribbed inlet).

Do you mean the 1st picture? if so that makes sense as I don't see a MAF.

As for fuel return, I take it this is governed at the pump end?

Cheers
Dan :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
meant to say 3rd. Smarter people will chime in on the pump, but I believe it is regulated by the pump output. Typically 55 PSI I think.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The first pic is the vent solenoid for the charcoal canister and typically sat near the canister below and in front of the drivers side headlamp. pic three is map sensor, the hose for the map sensor is just a little rubber elbow, the hose in the pic, I can't determine since I can't see enough of the engine in that shot. The fourth pic is indeed a breather and is typically routed to the air box. The gen I & II vipers use a return-less fuel system and because of this, there is no fuel return line. Hope that helps. More pics might be helpful for further information.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pic 2 "rusty pipe outlet" I think, is the vacuum pickup for the brake booster.... The hose in pic 3 I think, is the hose that connects to "rusty pipe outlet" in pic 2...

I need to see more to be sure...

OP
OP

800SX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your probably right on the rusty hose, I can connect that to my Brake servo on the car.

Pic 3, that pipe comes from the front breather system. I'll try and grab some more pics :)

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, 800SX, tell us more about this car...it looks pretty rough from the photos.

OP
OP

800SX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it was going into a 240SX, but worked out to be way too much work. So it's now going into a Nissan Patrol.

Should be entertaining :)