Still Looking-Blue & White RT/10, 1:18 Scale

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pretty much have what I want in 1:18 scale, or at least what is reasonable to want!:crazy2:

But, one 1:18 RT that I have been looking for is the RT/10 in Blue & White. If anyone comes across one, and doesn't want it for themselves, be great if you could point me in that direction.

It doesn't have to be new in box, but needs to be at least in excellent condition...no scratches, breakage,etc.

Thanks...

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, thought I recalled seeing one on a post on one of my threads but can't find it now. :(

Well, then, maybe I should be looking for white with blue stripes, as I don't have that one either....but, haven't seen it around.

danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a rare bird, but you can stumble upon it if you keep your eyes peeled. Took me a while to find mine.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks...unfortunately, all are listed as "no longer available"

but, at least I know they are somewhere.:D

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, well, I see they did make a white/blue stripe in 1:18, but looks like a bear to find. Other one is the McViper in 1:18.

Not obsessed with collecting these things, so if one appears and its not expensive then I'll buy...otherwise, I'm pretty happy with what I have.

Thanks Chad!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I check pretty often, but no luck. Also, I am not your typical "collector", as my main reason for buying them is to decorate my fixed up garage. So, picking up bargains is really the only way...and the ones that are left are pretty rare and also expensive.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I check pretty often, but no luck. Also, I am not your typical "collector", as my main reason for buying them is to decorate my fixed up garage. So, picking up bargains is really the only way...and the ones that are left are pretty rare and also expensive.

Largely the same here, the problem is that I only collect quality/detail/rareness (with a few exceptions if they have a good feeling to them) to decorate my showcase with so the difficulty of finding good bargains is even bigger but not entirely impossible :smirk:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done the "strict" collecting thing when I had my 911 and spent way too much for too many GT1's and GT3's. Looked for rare, sometimes only European editions and the like. Box and car had to be new condition or I didn't buy it.

Now, don't care...just want to decorate, so I (don't kill me) throw the boxes out and put the cars in the plastic display cases. Not interested in re-sale value, so original boxes don't matter.

For me, bargain for what I'm looking for is the name of the game. Eventually, most cars I look for are priced okay and for those that aren't, then I just won't have them!

But the hunt is fun!:D

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my 15 years or more of collecting Vipers....

I found some SMS Vipers, something like 5 (out of 200 produced)
Found both the White with blue's from Bburago (the normal RT/10 wheels are common, the white 1996 is rare), but the McViper seems to be a holy grail. Only found one or two, and bought them right away.

Must look, but thought I had a blue-white with RT wheels in my doubles.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe someone can give me an idea if what I have is a collectible, back in 1995 when I bought my first Viper you were offered the chance to buy a limited edition Dodge Viper Lionel train set and 1:25 scale plastic promo limited edition collectors set,came with 4 Vipers, black, green, red, yellow RT-10 roadsters. Can I retire soon:D

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe someone can give me an idea if what I have is a collectible, back in 1995 when I bought my first Viper you were offered the chance to buy a limited edition Dodge Viper Lionel train set and 1:25 scale plastic promo limited edition collectors set,came with 4 Vipers, black, green, red, yellow RT-10 roadsters. Can I retire soon:D

Don't know if you have a nice bank account... but those 1:25 are not enough, sorry.
Seen them for sale on Ebay still by 12 in a box :((