What happend to the monthly VCA prize giveaway?

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a quick search and it appears that June of last year was the last time a prize was awarded.
What happened?:dunno:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is nothing you don't already know, but here's a quick summary:

I retired from doing it (still waiting on my retirement party, gold watch and 401k by the way) and ViperTony took over. He did a couple sporadic ones and then they died. I never saw an announcement/reason given.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't recall either. It seemed to just fade away for lack of interest. I think maybe we had some trouble locating winners but I don't really remember. It would be a lot easier to do now that we have eliminated anyone from the VCA Member user list who has not renewed. A LOT easier.
If there is enough interest maybe we could talk those volunteers at VPA into some serious prizes!
Let's see how many guys speak up?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I retired from doing it (still waiting on my retirement party, gold watch and 401k by the way) and ViperTony took over. He did a couple sporadic ones and then they died. I never saw an announcement/reason given.

Thanks for hanging me out to dry there Chad. No gold watch for you. :nono:

I don't recall either. It seemed to just fade away for lack of interest. I think maybe we had some trouble locating winners but I don't really remember. It would be a lot easier to do now that we have eliminated anyone from the VCA Member user list who has not renewed. A LOT easier.
If there is enough interest maybe we could talk those volunteers at VPA into some serious prizes!

Bingo Lee! Due to a lack of interest, we let it fade away after the VOI discount prizes were given out for VOI 11. There was no mention of replacing it with something else or trying to resurrecting it.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony, sorry if it came off as if I was blaming you! I figured it was lack of interest like Lee said, but didnt wanna say that incase I was completely wrong. Hope you forgive me if it sounded like I was blaming you :D Now about that watch... :)

You Red viper owners are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO gullible. :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

But seriously, we'll give out the gold watch as a prize if the giveaway resumes. :D

No apologies needed Chad...I was just yanking your slow Red Viper er. I mean chain. :2tu:

I think we had discussed the possibility of doing some type of annual grand prize giveaway. :dunno: as opposed to the monthlies.

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am assuming the lack of interest was from the Vendors donating prizes. I don't think anyone is uninterested in receiving a prize. Too bad I didn't win at least once before the program ended. My vote is to keep it going! :)

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoied it when Chad was doing it.. :dunno:

I guess it's thankless job.. Thank's Speed, for your efforts!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Red viper owners are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO gullible. :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

But seriously, we'll give out the gold watch as a prize if the giveaway resumes. :D

No apologies needed Chad...I was just yanking your slow Red Viper er. I mean chain. :2tu:

I think we had discussed the possibility of doing some type of annual grand prize giveaway. :dunno: as opposed to the monthlies.

In that case, I blame ViperTony for the giveaways going away, the Cold War, high gas prices, the NFL lockout, the common cold and Tiger Woods not winning a major in over a year :rolaugh:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That damn ViperTony...he ruins everything! :mad:

It's my special purpose. :D

In all seriousness, I'll resurrect the discussion about the monthly prize giveaway. I don't have a problem doing it, it's pretty simple. And now that our site list/member list is clean it should be a much smoother process picking winners.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's my special purpose. :D

In all seriousness, I'll resurrect the discussion about the monthly prize giveaway. I don't have a problem doing it, it's pretty simple. And now that our site list/member list is clean it should be a much smoother process picking winners.

Since I never got any retirement gifts (I also blame ViperTony for this as well), I'll go ahead and nominate myself as the 1st winner when/if the prizes resume :D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am all for doing this again if the costs are not too high for the club/vendors!

And if red owners are not allowed to win! :D

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am assuming the lack of interest was from the Vendors donating prizes. I don't think anyone is uninterested in receiving a prize. Too bad I didn't win at least once before the program ended. My vote is to keep it going! :)

Having the CLUB donate merchandise or gifts costs the Club treasury..... SPONSORED prizes dont. As I have stated many times, PartsRack would be happy to once again provide a prize monthly. Perhaps some of the clubs other valued sponsors would as well?

Giving things away here was FUN.....

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having the CLUB donate merchandise or gifts costs the Club treasury..... SPONSORED prizes dont. As I have stated many times, PartsRack would be happy to once again provide a prize monthly. Perhaps some of the clubs other valued sponsors would as well?

Giving things away here was FUN.....

Actually, from the reports I get VPA might welcome unloading some stuff just to clear up some cubic feet of space, a lot of this space has been donated by club members. Someone will write a book someday (Probably Maurice) about the extent of this inventory.
Soooo, moving forward we need a coordinator to manage all these vendors willing to donate. Vipertony I believe is still on board?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maurice has a few books he needs to write. Needs a 3rd and 4th gen buyers guide, a book on VPA goods.... One busy guy! LOL

Yes. Tony bologna is up. The club needs a chance for yellow owners to not be excluded from the raffle! :rolaugh:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maurice has a few books he needs to write. Needs a 3rd and 4th gen buyers guide, a book on VPA goods.... One busy guy! LOL

Yes. Tony bologna is up. The club needs a chance for yellow owners to not be excluded from the raffle! :rolaugh:

Hmmm, 7,191 posts since 2007. Beating me by over 1,000 posts and I've been here since 98 or so (dates on the software only go back to 2000)

I think I see a potential volunteer site worker........:2tu:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't post as much as Mopar Boy (he has time because his yellow car is soooo slow), but I'd be happy to help organize.

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks ViperTony, for picking up the Mantel...Just to make things really simple, I volunteer to be the first winner of the reinstated Monthly Prize Giveaway!
Thank you Chad for doing this for as far back as I can remember.

Thanks Guys !

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, I thought the same thing a while back, but then got pre-occupied with something.....don't remember what it was though.....I must be getting old.

Regards,
Aaron

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be cool to get any kind of overstock from VPA or anything from Conner Ave. What would really be neat, is if the prize was somehow linked to your gen car. Like some plugs for a particular gen car or oil filter etc. I love practical gifts more than anything else........

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just thought of another one, even better, how about small gift certificates to the VPA. Nothing better than getting parts for my car. Win win for the club as well as the members! Thanks