Seat Bolster in my Back

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our 01 GTS ACR seats are extremely uncomfortable to me. The problem (both driver and passenger seats) is that the bolster on the door side of the seat stabs me in the back. :crazy2: The bolster next to the center console does not do this.

Losing weight on my part is not going to help with this issue. :nono:

Is there any way to adjust the bolsters?
There is no way I could ride in these seats for more any extended period of time.
Thanks
Ray

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short of taking the seat apart and redesigning it and then modifying the cover to match the new structure, no, the OE seats are not adjustable in that area.

In other news, try being 6-4 and wanting more leg room. Like me.

Why did you buy the car if it is uncomfortable to drive?

Please note the complaint-free content. Dave, contemporary mod-rice Viper/Ricer owner, and I approve this message.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should have a rubber pump under the seats that will push the back rest out reducing the dept of the bolster, it should help, the rubber hand pumps may have fallen off or cracked rendering them useless unless you replace, jonb has them for a reasonable price

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the seat back not the bolster. The bladder is just a little thing at the bottom of the seat back. Take your seat out flip it over and look if when you're bored.

Please note the complaint-free content. Dave, contemporary mod-rice Viper/Ricer owner, and I approve this message.

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should have a rubber pump under the seats that will push the back rest out reducing the dept of the bolster, it should help, the rubber hand pumps may have fallen off or cracked rendering them useless unless you replace, jonb has them for a reasonable price

The pumps are there and they work because my wife uses them.
Unfortunately airing up the lumbar will create another issue for me I am sure. Every car I have ever been in with lumbar in the seat, I have to remove it as much as it will go to keep my back hurting and seizing up.

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did you buy the car if it is uncomfortable to drive?

I had sat in a friends 96 RT/10 and this was not noticed, therefore I did not expect this issue for the GTS we purchased.

I am 6'0" and I feel like a sardine in a can in the car but I can get most other adjustments to be somewhat livable. But something stabbing me in the back is not going to be livable.

Thanks for the info so far.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can bend the bolsters out a little. You will need a strong dude to do it, but they can be bent a little.

2nd that, Maurice had his tweaked inward on his GTS to provide more bolster support because he is so thin. I felt locked in because I am not so thin. I don't know who did it or how it was done.

You could ask him, his email is [email protected]

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
another option would be to remove the seats and bring them to an upholstery shop to have the bolsters removed then recover the seats, i'm sure they will be able to use the extra material and stitch it back so they will still have the original leather

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much actual seat time do you have in the car? Over time, my "density" has definitely softened the bolsters.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much actual seat time do you have in the car? Over time, my "density" has definitely softened the bolsters.

And, um, just what part of that density scale are you LOL