new 10 acr for me!

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey folks,

How are you all doing?

This is a little bit of me and the viper:

My name is Tiago had acomplished one of my dreams in september last year. Bought my first viper! :headbang:

The first time I saw a pic of a viper in 1992 it was nothing but an unforgetable, jaw dropper moment. Was only 12 years old and the passion started growing inside me.

Couple years after that, in 1994, I saw the first RT/10 which drove by me in the streets of the country that I came from. I literally started drooling on the pavement :dropdev: and knew and felt that the passion had grown way more. But hey, I was only 14 years old, and I knew that had a long time in front of me before owning one of those bad boys.

Since purchasing viper could not be done by that time, I started researching about the car and would read (and translate) everything I could find about dodge vipers.

Years went by and after living in Texas:usa: for almost 6 months back in 1998 my knowledge also improved about this cars and so did my english. My driving skills were also developing well and I drove all types of vehicles that I had the opportunity to get in to.

So in 2005, I came to visit my sister in Canada and came across these local place that you could go and rent exotic cars. They had a 1996 blue GTS and a 2004 red SRT-10. My dream viper had always been a 96 blue/white GTS or the classic Gray/blue GTS, so guess which one I drove for 4 days?:drive:

In 2007, I moved to Canada(ontario)and ended up buying a new 07 mustang GT which I took to a reputable shop in Michigan to do peroformance modifications and reach my goal which was to beat the "new" corvette z06 by that time.

While that goal was achieved after thousands and thousands of dollars spent, I knew thatI needed more; something with a bigger motor, more cylinders, lighter weight, more aerodynamic, with better brakes and better everything and better overall performance. Something that would fire the passion again. A race car came to mind but I didnt want to spend more $$$ to have one built and end up dumpig money in something that would not know where it could end. I also wanted to be able to drive at the street and not only 3-5 times a year. The fun for me is to have a beast that can be driven at the streets and still be proven on the track at any given day.

So, exotic looks and raw power came to mind and so did performance out of the box in a car that would need very little to no work to achieve greatness under my right and heavy foot.

Finally, pulled the trigger on the 2010 ACR in september last year and have never looked back. A zr1 vette was considered and while being an amazing car, I know that the viper acr was the one for me.

Looking forward to cruise and meet nice and cool people from Michigan and west NY state and everywhere else in viper cruising days.:2tu:

Pics to come :dropdev::dropdev:

GOD BLESS AMERICA!:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome story! Welcome to the VCA and I knwo you will not regret the ACR over the ZR1, both amazing, but the ACR is so much more using so much less. Hope you enjoy and that you find the Viper to be everything to dreamed of all these years.

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

:)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA Web boards! You will find many nutty people here! :D

Did we meet already at the last Ontario party? I think I remember the story....

Either way, welcome to the Ontario chapter, as well as the VCA as a whole! :)

VERY nice car too btw!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oooo man the waiting sure paid off for you :omg:

she's a beauty :2tu:

welcome aboard

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome story! Welcome to the VCA and I knwo you will not regret the ACR over the ZR1, both amazing, but the ACR is so much more using so much less. Hope you enjoy and that you find the Viper to be everything to dreamed of all these years.

Thank you!

I like my VIPER more and more everytime I take it for a drive and also agree that the Zr1 is an overpriced C6.

BTW, San Antonio is such a great city!

Tiago.

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA Web boards! You will find many nutty people here! :D

Did we meet already at the last Ontario party? I think I remember the story....

Either way, welcome to the Ontario chapter, as well as the VCA as a whole! :)

VERY nice car too btw!

I dont think we met since I didnt go to any VCA meetings in Ontario yet. Since I got the car in last September, only saw another viper cruising alone and looked exactly like yours. Maybe was you at the 427 south??

Thank you for the kind words!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm. Guess we didn't meet then! :rolaugh: Possible it was mine but I don't believe I have been in that area with the car.

Either way, welcome and I guess I will say I look forward to our meeting! :)

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW, that thing looks great....you definitely made the right decision. Get ready for all the attention!

It is definetely the biggest head turner I ever drove. A kid almost fell of his little bicycle after saw my viper coming and passing in the oposite direction of the avenue. His dad had to hold him and his little bicycle in place after he lost control of it :rolaugh: Only a viper is able to do that to a person.

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm. Guess we didn't meet then! :rolaugh: Possible it was mine but I don't believe I have been in that area with the car.

Either way, welcome and I guess I will say I look forward to our meeting! :)

That car didnt have the rear wing and the nice wheels that you got on yours. It looked 100% stock on the outside. So, yeah, that wasnt you.

Meetings must be cool!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car didnt have the rear wing and the nice wheels that you got on yours. It looked 100% stock on the outside. So, yeah, that wasnt you.

Meetings must be cool!

That would make more sense. We do a few bumble bees here in Ontario. A few have no wings too.

Meetings are great! There is one coming up the last Sunday of May at the Chrysler parts depot in Mississauga. Should be some Vipers there as well as a few hundred Mopars! :)

My email does as well :) You not knowing Robert (MoparBoy) is a good thing. He's a bad person and is not very well liked.

Dont worry about Chad. He does not have all his marbles. Proof is the fact he purchased a red Viper. What a big error! :D

Little known fact, Chad was dropped on his head too many times as a child and that has left permanent mental issues.

V10lover - When Chad says something, just smile and nod. :rolaugh::lmao::D I will tell you more about him one day when we meet! :D

OP
OP
V

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That would make more sense. We do a few bumble bees here in Ontario. A few have no wings too.

Meetings are great! There is one coming up the last Sunday of May at the Chrysler parts depot in Mississauga. Should be some Vipers there as well as a few hundred Mopars! :)

That is cool! If does not rain, I will be there.

I am in Mississauga BTW.

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, very nice taste in Vipers. Now i know where at least one of the 25 other Graphite/Bl ACRs is located.
Good Luck.
PAvenomRT/10

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Aaron.

And you have a Nice looking GTS!

Dear V10Lover,

Why thank-you....without starting a war here, the Yellow Viper owners fight with the Red Viper owners about which color is faster....but honesty, we both know the Graphite and Black Vipers are fastest. hehehe

Some of my favorite moments owning this car is the reaction children have when they see and hear a Viper!

Regards,
Aaron

P.S. I've taken my Viper to London, Ontario twice to visit my family.