Coupe Rear Convert Converion Kit- Pics - Pics - Pics

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the Mods, this post is just an info only post, a group buy post will be made shortly in the vendor area.

Just to let everyone on the forums know and to give my fellow VCA members a knowledge priority over other venues, the following has been my latest project and my plans are to offer a complete turn key solution to all with no parts needed to be sourced. I am working closely with Paul Scharf at Don Scharf to make sure that nothing is left out and all has been thought of in advance on this kit.

With minimal body work experience and a few simple tools, anyone can do this conversion with what will be supplied in their own back yard.

Here are a few progress pics:

Pics with most of the panels bolted on

a shot from the rear, this kit is designed to utilize the coupe third brake light

A bracket is being supplied to allow the use of the stock fuel filler door, those who want to upgrade to the stock coupe fuel door can do so by buying one from VPA or Paul Scharf

Here are a few pics of a more completed car with panels painted (in photoshop).

I still have to bolt on the rear diffuser and put the rear wheel wells back in and then send the parts out for paint and then finish making a few molds

DSC_0009_painted.jpg

DSC_0015painted_w_black_bottom2.jpg

This whole endeavor has been designed to make this conversion a reality for approx $3000.00 plus paint,

Thanks

Steve

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks amazing. I can't wait till the final details are available, as it could easily be my next "mod".

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT WORK STEVE!!!!

For that look and at that price, I'll bet you're going to be busy.....:2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I really appreciate the feedback,,

I have been wanting to do this for a couple of years but have been vertless so the opportunity wasn't there.

For those with yellow cars

For those with White cars

Toxic Orange

Blue

And BLACK

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks fantastic how is the trunk done.

Hey Pedro,

The trunk just bolts right up and replaces your stock trunk, you just unhook the wiring harness and the catch/release and bolt them up to this trunk.

The whole conversion (if you are preserving your stock panels for keep or resale and you're not pulling a Stacy David where you throw the stuff across the shop, LOL) should take you about 3-4 hours to remove everything and about 2-3 hours to reassemble everything. You Pedro, should be able to get here done in about 4 hours total, knowing you.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fantastic Steve! Great job look forward to picking up a kit.

Andy

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you see over the back from the rear view mirror?

Definately, the trunck ends up beinga little higher mid way, then dips the come up about an inch to an inch and a half higher than the lip on the stock vert trunk.

This should give better aero due to the cambach design, so your vert should technically go faster and get better mileage.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Looks Great, but I'm just a little biased .... :D

You might be being just a little overly optimistic about the install effort and times - especially for the perfectionist. Getting the body panels and lines to match up, the gaps to be even, and to get the right combination of shims can and WILL BE quite a challenge.

Looks like the prices for the coupe tail lights and the coupe gas cap are going up and supply will be going down.

ecdysis.jpg