Thread: Six Magazine's Huh?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Viper Owner

Default Six Magazine's Huh?

So the word is that we now get six Viper Magazines a year. Last one was in February! Six magazines means one every two months. It is now May (2.5 months later or 3.5 months after a start of February Magazine) and no magazine in sight. What am I missing as something is not adding up here?

Viper Owner

Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

Nit picker : >)

VCA Member
    Midwest
    Former National President

Thumbs up Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

Actually, the last one was printed in mid-March and this issue won't be as delayed. The magazine is dependent on certain contributors, including advertising copy. The magazine is also reviewed by our friends at Chrysler to make sure that we didn't misquote anything ("Correction: The next Viper will not have jet turbine parking assist"). We also have this issue registered for retail sale based on additional demand.

We think everyone will be quite pleased with this issue and are already working on the next. We appreciate your support!

PS. You are always welcome to submit your questions, stories, and photographs directly to [email protected].

Viper Owner

Last edited by JohnnyViper; 05-11-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: ...................

Viper Owner

I still haven't received the first magazine, let alone thinking about receiving a second.....

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by pvo_pwr View Post
    I still haven't received the first magazine, let alone thinking about receiving a second.....
    [email protected]...glad I could help.

Viper Owner

i was wondering about the same thing. I should have gotten 2 already but have only received 1.

Enthusiast

Must be a slow news week.

VCA Associate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    Must be a slow news week.
    That totally depends on what color Viper the chief editor drives

VCA Member
    Midwest
    Supporting Vendor

2nd one is not quite out yet, but will be soon. It is challenge to get up to speed, as we have to remember JR Thompson did the magazine too, and when they decided not to administer things they also reported they would no longer do the magazine. Pretty fast start up considering the situation, and the props for the the first one were stellar, so imagine we have another outstanding product on the way.

Interesting to hear about the idea/process of having more for retail sale. Would be nice to see the shelves at Barnes and Noble, etc. with a few Viper mags there for folks to purchase?
    Bill Pemberton
    Woodhouse Viper & SRT Sales Mgr
    [email protected]
    1-800-889-1893/cell 402-677-5864

VCA Associate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton Woodhouse View Post
    Interesting to hear about the idea/process of having more for retail sale. Would be nice to see the shelves at Barnes and Noble, etc. with a few Viper mags there for folks to purchase?
    The problem with that (and what I feel to be the original reason for the magazine to leave the shelves it once occupied) is Viper magazine has too specific of a target audience as it only has a single subject.

There would need to be a sizeable group of possibly interested car clubs/car owners in the area of a book store to generate a reasonable amount of sold Viper Magazine issues. If we really want to be succesful at getting back on the shelves we need to think smart and look at it from an economical standpoint, as much as my heart hates to admit coming second

Enthusiast

So making the mag available for individual purchase in stores.....then that is one less reason to be a VCA member. For some of us that dont/cant take advantage of the what the club offers, the magazine is a very expensive incentive to stay a member. Make it available for 7-8.00 in a store, then that incentive is gone as well.

Matt

VCA Member
    Midwest
    Former National President

The magazine cover price is $9.00 per issue if bought retail without a subscription - plus tax if purchased in a store or plus shipping if purchased directly. The reason to consider bringing it back to store shelves boils down to awareness - both of the club and of the car itself.

As many, many people already know about the VCA - "you come for the car but you stay for the people." With the magazine now more club-centric than ever we are hoping more people will understand owning a Viper can be even more exciting when you are part of the VCA. As the majority of Vipers changing owners right now are used rather than new, many of those owners don't know about the Viper Club. Instead, they might see the magazine at Barnes & Noble and realize that there is a totally different facet to Viper ownership that they hadn't even considered.

The economics of retail sale are the main things we are weighing and there is no immediate plan to start stocking shelves nationwide. However because it costs very little to prepare for that possibility (bipad number assignment, bar code creation, and discussions with distributors), it only makes sense to explore it. Don't expect to see this next issue on store shelves, even though you may want to buy an extra copy - that we can do already.

Has Left the Room!

Quote Originally Posted by InjectTheVenom View Post
    That totally depends on what color Viper the chief editor drives
    ^^^That's actually funny.^^^

Next question.

How is it that an "Enthusiast" is posting in the members only section?.

VCA Associate Member

An as of yet unfinished discussion to set up associate memberships (see board/site suggestions section) that need to be paid for, something I would gladly do to be rightfully entitled to be in this section

Enthusiast

An as of yet unfinished discussion to set up associate memberships (see board/site suggestions section) that need to be paid for, something I would gladly do to be rightfully entitled to be in this section
    I'll follow up on it and PM you.

VCA Associate Member

Thanks Tony

Enthusiast

At $9.00 per copy plus tax I do not think demand from the public will cause a stampede to the bookstores... .

Has Left the Room!

What a joke. Don't own a Viper, shouldn't have full posting benefits.

VCA Member
    Northeast

Quote Originally Posted by shooter_t1 View Post
    What a joke. Don't own a Viper, shouldn't have full posting benefits.
    There are probably many VCA members who, over the course of time, did not own a Viper while still maintaining their membership. If someone sells their Viper and then spends a few months to find a new one, should they lose their membership? Your argument indicates they should, without room for discussion. In ITV's case, this is related to change in ByLaws affecting Associate Members. Let the dust settle and we'll go from there.

VCA Associate Member

I do not even get why people are arguing about this! For the record, no I do not own a 1:1 Viper and haven't owned one in the past either but who the heck cares as long as I pay what I owe for the things I want in supporting the club!!

Has Left the Room!

Quote Originally Posted by markk View Post
    There are probably many VCA members who, over the course of time, did not own a Viper while still maintaining their membership. If someone sells their Viper and then spends a few months to find a new one, should they lose their membership? Your argument indicates they should, without room for discussion. In ITV's case, this is related to change in ByLaws affecting Associate Members. Let the dust settle and we'll go from there.
    Don't Associate Members only have posting rights in the Region that they belong to?. I believe that's what I read in the VCA membership rules. And your post example is a completely different thing as your talking about a member that did in fact own a Viper at one time. You know, one of the things that the VCA rules state you must have to be a full member and have full posting privileges.

Viper Owner

I guess this has strayed! I just want my next magazine soon. Ha! Ha!

Viper Owner

Everybody relax, note that he's been here since 04 and he has paid his dues year after year as an Assoc. member to NY/CT. He is the only individual on the board who is "grandfathered" in this manner.

Has Left the Room!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS View Post
    Everybody relax, note that he's been here since 04 and he has paid his dues year after year as an Assoc. member to NY/CT. He is the only individual on the board who is "grandfathered" in this manner.
    I remember some threads not too long ago where some Viper owning full members wanted to be Assoc. members and were flatly told no, it was against the rules and that if they didn't like it, tough. Appears like the club only wants to enforce "selective" rules and is playing favorites.

Has Left the Room!

Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post
    I guess this has strayed! I just want my next magazine soon. Ha! Ha!
    I apologize for the hijack Coloviper.

Viper Owner

I remember some threads not too long ago where some Viper owning full members wanted to be Assoc. members and were flatly told no, it was against the rules and that if they didn't like it, tough. Appears like the club only wants to enforce "selective" rules and is playing favorites.
    Totally different situations. This guy does not own a Viper so the only way he can join is as an associate.

Enthusiast

Totally different situations. This guy does not own a Viper so the only way he can join is as an associate.
    We (NY/CT) region adopted him a few years ago. Relax.

Has Left the Room!

So, in this car club, ownership has no benefits. Every other member with full access had to buy a Viper.

Viper Owner

Don't Associate Members only have posting rights in the Region that they belong to?. I believe that's what I read in the VCA membership rules. And your post example is a completely different thing as your talking about a member that did in fact own a Viper at one time. You know, one of the things that the VCA rules state you must have to be a full member and have full posting privileges.
    That is incorrect, the rules do not address this situation in that manner. However please remember that in PRACTICE there is only one individual that the WEBSITE has allowed to be grandfathered in this manner.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast