Thread: Six Magazine's Huh?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 84
  1. #1
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,883

    Default Six Magazine's Huh?

    So the word is that we now get six Viper Magazines a year. Last one was in February! Six magazines means one every two months. It is now May (2.5 months later or 3.5 months after a start of February Magazine) and no magazine in sight. What am I missing as something is not adding up here?

  2. #2
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    San Diego, Calif, USA
    Posts
    4,660

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Nit picker : >)

  3. #3
    VCA Member
    Midwest
    Former National President


    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    7,891

    Thumbs up Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Actually, the last one was printed in mid-March and this issue won't be as delayed. The magazine is dependent on certain contributors, including advertising copy. The magazine is also reviewed by our friends at Chrysler to make sure that we didn't misquote anything ("Correction: The next Viper will not have jet turbine parking assist"). We also have this issue registered for retail sale based on additional demand.

    We think everyone will be quite pleased with this issue and are already working on the next. We appreciate your support!

    PS. You are always welcome to submit your questions, stories, and photographs directly to [email protected].

  4. #4
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,077

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    .........................................
    Last edited by JohnnyViper; 05-11-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: ...................

  5. #5
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    I still haven't received the first magazine, let alone thinking about receiving a second.....

  6. #6
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by pvo_pwr View Post
    I still haven't received the first magazine, let alone thinking about receiving a second.....
    [email protected]...glad I could help.

  7. #7
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    275

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    i was wondering about the same thing. I should have gotten 2 already but have only received 1.

  8. #8
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,555

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Must be a slow news week.

  9. #9
    VCA Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,859

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    Must be a slow news week.
    That totally depends on what color Viper the chief editor drives

  10. #10
    VCA Member
    Midwest
    Supporting Vendor
    Bill Pemberton Woodhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Blair,Nebraska,USA
    Posts
    5,180

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    2nd one is not quite out yet, but will be soon. It is challenge to get up to speed, as we have to remember JR Thompson did the magazine too, and when they decided not to administer things they also reported they would no longer do the magazine. Pretty fast start up considering the situation, and the props for the the first one were stellar, so imagine we have another outstanding product on the way.

    Interesting to hear about the idea/process of having more for retail sale. Would be nice to see the shelves at Barnes and Noble, etc. with a few Viper mags there for folks to purchase?
    Bill Pemberton
    Woodhouse Viper & SRT Sales Mgr
    [email protected]
    1-800-889-1893/cell 402-677-5864

  11. #11
    VCA Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,859

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton Woodhouse View Post
    Interesting to hear about the idea/process of having more for retail sale. Would be nice to see the shelves at Barnes and Noble, etc. with a few Viper mags there for folks to purchase?
    The problem with that (and what I feel to be the original reason for the magazine to leave the shelves it once occupied) is Viper magazine has too specific of a target audience as it only has a single subject.

    There would need to be a sizeable group of possibly interested car clubs/car owners in the area of a book store to generate a reasonable amount of sold Viper Magazine issues. If we really want to be succesful at getting back on the shelves we need to think smart and look at it from an economical standpoint, as much as my heart hates to admit coming second

  12. #12
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    So making the mag available for individual purchase in stores.....then that is one less reason to be a VCA member. For some of us that dont/cant take advantage of the what the club offers, the magazine is a very expensive incentive to stay a member. Make it available for 7-8.00 in a store, then that incentive is gone as well.

    Matt

  13. #13
    VCA Member
    Midwest
    Former National President


    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    7,891

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    The magazine cover price is $9.00 per issue if bought retail without a subscription - plus tax if purchased in a store or plus shipping if purchased directly. The reason to consider bringing it back to store shelves boils down to awareness - both of the club and of the car itself.

    As many, many people already know about the VCA - "you come for the car but you stay for the people." With the magazine now more club-centric than ever we are hoping more people will understand owning a Viper can be even more exciting when you are part of the VCA. As the majority of Vipers changing owners right now are used rather than new, many of those owners don't know about the Viper Club. Instead, they might see the magazine at Barnes & Noble and realize that there is a totally different facet to Viper ownership that they hadn't even considered.

    The economics of retail sale are the main things we are weighing and there is no immediate plan to start stocking shelves nationwide. However because it costs very little to prepare for that possibility (bipad number assignment, bar code creation, and discussions with distributors), it only makes sense to explore it. Don't expect to see this next issue on store shelves, even though you may want to buy an extra copy - that we can do already.


  14. #14

    Has Left the Room!

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by InjectTheVenom View Post
    That totally depends on what color Viper the chief editor drives
    ^^^That's actually funny.^^^

    Next question.

    How is it that an "Enthusiast" is posting in the members only section?.

  15. #15
    VCA Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,859

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    An as of yet unfinished discussion to set up associate memberships (see board/site suggestions section) that need to be paid for, something I would gladly do to be rightfully entitled to be in this section

  16. #16
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,555

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by InjectTheVenom View Post
    An as of yet unfinished discussion to set up associate memberships (see board/site suggestions section) that need to be paid for, something I would gladly do to be rightfully entitled to be in this section
    I'll follow up on it and PM you.

  17. #17
    VCA Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,859

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Thanks Tony

  18. #18
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    536

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    At $9.00 per copy plus tax I do not think demand from the public will cause a stampede to the bookstores... .

  19. #19

    Has Left the Room!

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by InjectTheVenom View Post
    An as of yet unfinished discussion to set up associate memberships (see board/site suggestions section) that need to be paid for, something I would gladly do to be rightfully entitled to be in this section
    What a joke. Don't own a Viper, shouldn't have full posting benefits.

  20. #20
    VCA Member
    Northeast

    markk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Northeast PA
    Posts
    536

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by shooter_t1 View Post
    What a joke. Don't own a Viper, shouldn't have full posting benefits.
    There are probably many VCA members who, over the course of time, did not own a Viper while still maintaining their membership. If someone sells their Viper and then spends a few months to find a new one, should they lose their membership? Your argument indicates they should, without room for discussion. In ITV's case, this is related to change in ByLaws affecting Associate Members. Let the dust settle and we'll go from there.

  21. #21
    VCA Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,859

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    I do not even get why people are arguing about this! For the record, no I do not own a 1:1 Viper and haven't owned one in the past either but who the heck cares as long as I pay what I owe for the things I want in supporting the club!!

  22. #22

    Has Left the Room!

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by markk View Post
    There are probably many VCA members who, over the course of time, did not own a Viper while still maintaining their membership. If someone sells their Viper and then spends a few months to find a new one, should they lose their membership? Your argument indicates they should, without room for discussion. In ITV's case, this is related to change in ByLaws affecting Associate Members. Let the dust settle and we'll go from there.
    Don't Associate Members only have posting rights in the Region that they belong to?. I believe that's what I read in the VCA membership rules. And your post example is a completely different thing as your talking about a member that did in fact own a Viper at one time. You know, one of the things that the VCA rules state you must have to be a full member and have full posting privileges.

  23. #23
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,883

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    I guess this has strayed! I just want my next magazine soon. Ha! Ha!

  24. #24
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Severna Park, Maryland
    Posts
    6,596

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Everybody relax, note that he's been here since 04 and he has paid his dues year after year as an Assoc. member to NY/CT. He is the only individual on the board who is "grandfathered" in this manner.

  25. #25

    Has Left the Room!

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS View Post
    Everybody relax, note that he's been here since 04 and he has paid his dues year after year as an Assoc. member to NY/CT. He is the only individual on the board who is "grandfathered" in this manner.
    I remember some threads not too long ago where some Viper owning full members wanted to be Assoc. members and were flatly told no, it was against the rules and that if they didn't like it, tough. Appears like the club only wants to enforce "selective" rules and is playing favorites.

  26. #26

    Has Left the Room!

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post
    I guess this has strayed! I just want my next magazine soon. Ha! Ha!
    I apologize for the hijack Coloviper.

  27. #27
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Severna Park, Maryland
    Posts
    6,596

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by shooter_t1 View Post
    I remember some threads not too long ago where some Viper owning full members wanted to be Assoc. members and were flatly told no, it was against the rules and that if they didn't like it, tough. Appears like the club only wants to enforce "selective" rules and is playing favorites.
    Totally different situations. This guy does not own a Viper so the only way he can join is as an associate.

  28. #28
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,555

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS View Post
    Totally different situations. This guy does not own a Viper so the only way he can join is as an associate.
    We (NY/CT) region adopted him a few years ago. Relax.

  29. #29

    Has Left the Room!

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS View Post
    Totally different situations. This guy does not own a Viper so the only way he can join is as an associate.
    So, in this car club, ownership has no benefits. Every other member with full access had to buy a Viper.

  30. #30
    Viper Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Severna Park, Maryland
    Posts
    6,596

    Default Re: Six Magazine's Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by shooter_t1 View Post
    Don't Associate Members only have posting rights in the Region that they belong to?. I believe that's what I read in the VCA membership rules. And your post example is a completely different thing as your talking about a member that did in fact own a Viper at one time. You know, one of the things that the VCA rules state you must have to be a full member and have full posting privileges.
    That is incorrect, the rules do not address this situation in that manner. However please remember that in PRACTICE there is only one individual that the WEBSITE has allowed to be grandfathered in this manner.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where's my magazine?
    By Asp Man in forum General Viper Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 06:30 PM
  2. MPH magazine
    By FLOORIN04 in forum Sneaky Pete's Place
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 10:35 PM
  3. Need help with what Car Magazine to buy.
    By SSSSE YA in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 09:27 PM
  4. RPM magazine
    By Fiorano in forum RT/10 and GTS Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 10:29 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts