Six Magazine's Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the word is that we now get six Viper Magazines a year. Last one was in February! Six magazines means one every two months. It is now May (2.5 months later or 3.5 months after a start of February Magazine) and no magazine in sight. What am I missing as something is not adding up here?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, the last one was printed in mid-March and this issue won't be as delayed. The magazine is dependent on certain contributors, including advertising copy. The magazine is also reviewed by our friends at Chrysler to make sure that we didn't misquote anything ("Correction: The next Viper will not have jet turbine parking assist"). We also have this issue registered for retail sale based on additional demand.

We think everyone will be quite pleased with this issue and are already working on the next. We appreciate your support!

PS. You are always welcome to submit your questions, stories, and photographs directly to [email protected].

pvo_pwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still haven't received the first magazine, let alone thinking about receiving a second.....

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2nd one is not quite out yet, but will be soon. It is challenge to get up to speed, as we have to remember JR Thompson did the magazine too, and when they decided not to administer things they also reported they would no longer do the magazine. Pretty fast start up considering the situation, and the props for the the first one were stellar, so imagine we have another outstanding product on the way.

Interesting to hear about the idea/process of having more for retail sale. Would be nice to see the shelves at Barnes and Noble, etc. with a few Viper mags there for folks to purchase?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to hear about the idea/process of having more for retail sale. Would be nice to see the shelves at Barnes and Noble, etc. with a few Viper mags there for folks to purchase?

The problem with that (and what I feel to be the original reason for the magazine to leave the shelves it once occupied) is Viper magazine has too specific of a target audience as it only has a single subject.

There would need to be a sizeable group of possibly interested car clubs/car owners in the area of a book store to generate a reasonable amount of sold Viper Magazine issues. If we really want to be succesful at getting back on the shelves we need to think smart and look at it from an economical standpoint, as much as my heart hates to admit coming second :smirk:

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So making the mag available for individual purchase in stores.....then that is one less reason to be a VCA member. For some of us that dont/cant take advantage of the what the club offers, the magazine is a very expensive incentive to stay a member. Make it available for 7-8.00 in a store, then that incentive is gone as well.

Matt

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The magazine cover price is $9.00 per issue if bought retail without a subscription - plus tax if purchased in a store or plus shipping if purchased directly. The reason to consider bringing it back to store shelves boils down to awareness - both of the club and of the car itself.

As many, many people already know about the VCA - "you come for the car but you stay for the people." With the magazine now more club-centric than ever we are hoping more people will understand owning a Viper can be even more exciting when you are part of the VCA. As the majority of Vipers changing owners right now are used rather than new, many of those owners don't know about the Viper Club. Instead, they might see the magazine at Barnes & Noble and realize that there is a totally different facet to Viper ownership that they hadn't even considered.

The economics of retail sale are the main things we are weighing and there is no immediate plan to start stocking shelves nationwide. However because it costs very little to prepare for that possibility (bipad number assignment, bar code creation, and discussions with distributors), it only makes sense to explore it. Don't expect to see this next issue on store shelves, even though you may want to buy an extra copy - that we can do already.

:2tu:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An as of yet unfinished discussion to set up associate memberships (see board/site suggestions section) that need to be paid for, something I would gladly do to be rightfully entitled to be in this section ;)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An as of yet unfinished discussion to set up associate memberships (see board/site suggestions section) that need to be paid for, something I would gladly do to be rightfully entitled to be in this section ;)

I'll follow up on it and PM you.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At $9.00 per copy plus tax I do not think demand from the public will cause a stampede to the bookstores... .

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

What a joke. Don't own a Viper, shouldn't have full posting benefits.:nono:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
What a joke. Don't own a Viper, shouldn't have full posting benefits.

There are probably many VCA members who, over the course of time, did not own a Viper while still maintaining their membership. If someone sells their Viper and then spends a few months to find a new one, should they lose their membership? Your argument indicates they should, without room for discussion. In ITV's case, this is related to change in ByLaws affecting Associate Members. Let the dust settle and we'll go from there.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not even get why people are arguing about this! For the record, no I do not own a 1:1 Viper and haven't owned one in the past either but who the heck cares as long as I pay what I owe for the things I want in supporting the club!!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
There are probably many VCA members who, over the course of time, did not own a Viper while still maintaining their membership. If someone sells their Viper and then spends a few months to find a new one, should they lose their membership? Your argument indicates they should, without room for discussion. In ITV's case, this is related to change in ByLaws affecting Associate Members. Let the dust settle and we'll go from there.

Don't Associate Members only have posting rights in the Region that they belong to?. I believe that's what I read in the VCA membership rules. And your post example is a completely different thing as your talking about a member that did in fact own a Viper at one time. You know, one of the things that the VCA rules state you must have to be a full member and have full posting privileges.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody relax, note that he's been here since 04 and he has paid his dues year after year as an Assoc. member to NY/CT. He is the only individual on the board who is "grandfathered" in this manner.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Everybody relax, note that he's been here since 04 and he has paid his dues year after year as an Assoc. member to NY/CT. He is the only individual on the board who is "grandfathered" in this manner.
I remember some threads not too long ago where some Viper owning full members wanted to be Assoc. members and were flatly told no, it was against the rules and that if they didn't like it, tough. Appears like the club only wants to enforce "selective" rules and is playing favorites.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember some threads not too long ago where some Viper owning full members wanted to be Assoc. members and were flatly told no, it was against the rules and that if they didn't like it, tough. Appears like the club only wants to enforce "selective" rules and is playing favorites.

Totally different situations. This guy does not own a Viper so the only way he can join is as an associate.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't Associate Members only have posting rights in the Region that they belong to?. I believe that's what I read in the VCA membership rules. And your post example is a completely different thing as your talking about a member that did in fact own a Viper at one time. You know, one of the things that the VCA rules state you must have to be a full member and have full posting privileges.

That is incorrect, the rules do not address this situation in that manner. However please remember that in PRACTICE there is only one individual that the WEBSITE has allowed to be grandfathered in this manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.