Smog, as in CA

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick note, prop or whatever. My car passed CA smog again, like a new car. For those of you that are on the fence in CA, with all the stringent measures, it amazes me each time that this car runs like it does (wicked) and as clean as it does. The Strikers are amazing, but having a shop that can tune for emissions is the key. Major props to DC Performance, no cheating, it just amazes me. Thanks Dan and Chris.............

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's you exhaust setup? Do you have an upgraded fuel system as well? My smog is coming up soon...

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am amazed also, when ever I start the whip up in the garage my eyes water and I can’t breathe, it’s like a top fuel dragster. :drive:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the most amazing things about DC performance is that they take the time to speak with customers about what the most appropriate level of tune is best for their Vipers.

Some tuners opt for the most HP/most torque/most bang for the buck etc, but Dan turns out some of the most driveably, fastest, easiest to live with cars on the planet.

Just chopping out the cats, and pouring in tons of fuel can look great on the dyno, but those cars tend to run stinky and dependability and drivability tends to suffer.

Dan preaches that the car remains fun to drive, perform efficiently, cleanly with reasonable noise and smog levels. Reliability is often unappreciated as much as a maximum dyno number, but it makes the Vipers ownership experience much the better for it.

Other tuners share this philosophy, but they tend not to get all the headlines.

OP
OP
C

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Paul, my guess is that Dan is working with so many of us in CA that are under the extreme scrutiny of this states emission standards. It isn't a coincidence either that cars that tend to meet those requirements also enjoy greater drivabillity as well, as noted by you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave