A Few videos from the Drag Strip last weekend.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice work Man!!!!!!!!

You put bus's on 'em.....:headbang:

I especially liked the "owned" statement at the end.....:lmao:

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow 11's in 90 degree heat. I struggle to keep my juiced magnum RT in the 12's in great east coast DA.

I haven't gotten my 04 viper on the track yet. Any tips?

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It was alot of fun. I need to get back out there in the 50 degree temps, lol. Seems like every time I go it's 80 - 100+ degrees.

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow 11's in 90 degree heat. I struggle to keep my juiced magnum RT in the 12's in great east coast DA.

I haven't gotten my 04 viper on the track yet. Any tips?

My only tip is learn how to launch. If you can't get the car out of the hole then the rest of the pass is somewhat worthless. Got to get the 60 foot down! Practice launching at home before heading to the strip.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What have you found the best way to launch on street tires? I still haven't been to track in mine, but I found a nice deserted, closed, scenic pull-off on a drive the other weekend and decided to try some launches and spin the car around to get used to how it reacts. I found 2,000 with a slight slip of the clutch while rolling into the throttle quickly gave me a pretty damn good launch. Obviously at a prepped track, you're going to have more traction though. Just wondering on your technique because you definitely seem to have it down pat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What have you found the best way to launch on street tires? I still haven't been to track in mine, but I found a nice deserted, closed, scenic pull-off on a drive the other weekend and decided to try some launches and spin the car around to get used to how it reacts. I found 2,000 with a slight slip of the clutch while rolling into the throttle quickly gave me a pretty damn launch. Obviously at a prepped track, you're going to have more traction though. Just wondering on your technique because you definitely seem to have it down pat.

You seem to have the right idea. Keep practicing launching at lower RPM's with as little tire spin as possible.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get some tires that can stick, I run MT drag radials on the street. I take mine to 4200 rpms where it is bouncing off the 2 step and can just pop the clutch.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might buy another pair of six spokes and mount a set drag radials on them. That way I can switch easily and still lokk "normal". No way I could run dr's all the time on the street though. I enjoy twisty roads WAY too much for that! :)

My other worry with dr's, especially at the track is snapping a half-shaft. I've already upgraded to a Quaife, so the rear end should be fine. My last dyno (on a very optimistic dyno-jet) showed 522 rwhp. I would assume that's plenty of twist to bust the stock half-shafts if I dump the clutch from 4,000 and hook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper