SRT Engineering Chat HERE on June 21st!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! We are always looking for new ideas. Have you looked at some of Jeep's latest concepts?

Yes. I saw them but I did not notice an engine/SRT upgrade. Did I miss it? I did like some of the designs.

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am replacing my clutch on my gen 1 viper and while i was removing the old pressure plate the clutch disk fell out and i couldnt see which way it was oriented. it is pretty flat on one side and it has like a half inch step on the other. does the stepped side go in the relief on the flywheel or the pressure plate?

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
i am replacing my clutch on my gen 1 viper and while i was removing the old pressure plate the clutch disk fell out and i couldnt see which way it was oriented. it is pretty flat on one side and it has like a half inch step on the other. does the stepped side go in the relief on the flywheel or the pressure plate?

It will usually only go in and assemble one way, it's been a while on Gen I but the "flat" side should go in towards the flywheel.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 coup with stock trans. I want to change the 5th and 6th gear to .80 - 5th and .64 - 6th like the 2010 Viper. Wondering if Dodge would be providing this gears to buy? I'm also going to change rear gears to 3.54 or 3.73... Question, What would be the pro and con on this set up over what I have stock now? (performance advantages) Will I lose top end and improve bottom end or lose bottom end and improve top end and what would happen to my high speed acceleration... Thanks Again

First off, in 2010 MY, 5th gear was changed to 0.80, but 6th gear remained 0.50

The easier mod is to start with your rear gear. If you leave your stock transmission and install a 3.55 rear gear, your top speed (in 5th gear) will drop about 10mph, but unless you routinely exceed 190mph, you won't notice this! On the other hand, your quarter mile time will improve slightly and your trap speed will improve 1-2 mph. Your "5 second distance" will improve several feet if you find yourself in a drag race. The 3.73 rear gear will drop top speed another 10mph (still in 5th), but improve your trap speed another 1 mph.

Swapping transmission ratios could yield any number of combinations, depending on what rear gear you choose, so we'll leave you to do the math. But there are a lot of VCA members who have installed 3.55 or 3.73 rear gears, so we'd recommend that you drive a few other cars with these gears to see which you enjoy better. Many times the gearing you prefer the best, has more to do with how it "feels" to you when, and where, you drive your car (your favorite backroads or your local road course, etc). Gearing often yields small changes in performance, but bigger changes in the 'feel' factor. So try a few different gears out in your friend's cars before making your final decision. Have fun!

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
When the Snakes were aligned at CAAP, the suspension was excercised through the full range of motion at each wheel. Was the final alignment an average value? Seems like something extra was done that would not be possible at a standard front end alignment shop. Can you elaborate?

It's not an average value. Vipers are aligned to specific settings at various positions of suspension travel (jounce, rebound, curb). It is not easy to properly align a Viper outside the factory but it can be done. The service manual has a detailed description of this.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See ya. Thanks for the feedback. Keep the power coming! Time for some lobster tail and stone *****.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although late to the party, thanks as always for taking the time to answer all of our questions! :hail:

Very educational as always! :)

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you recomend any other type of spark plugs for Gen4 viper other then Champions?

and I think the heat range on the Gen4 plugs is 5..correct me if I'm wrong..

Thanks for giving us the time to ask and helping..

Last edited:

Blockbuster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi

I have ACR 2009 and going to the "ring" and searching after best alignment for track . Do have number so I can tell my local tech ?

Thanks
Magnus

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
During a spark plug change, the plugs that where pulled from my car Gen4 Viper had "RE10PMC5" number on it..those came from factory..

but the plugs that where givin by my dealer to install had "RE10PM5" on it..is there a difference..?

edit-

Just checked the champion website and the only difference is that the RE10PMC5 has a solid terminal & .043" (1.1mm) Gap

but the other doesnt..will it effect performance..?

Last edited:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does SRT know that NASA allows high speed testing by auto manufacturers at the Kennedy Space Center shuttle runway ( 15,000 feet long)? I checked. How about doing some testing there and, at the same time, making it a fund raiser for Chrysler's favorite charity by allowing VCA members to come for a donation and watch? Seems like a win/win idea to me and a good marketing move.

sign me up for this!!!

F

FrgMstr

Thought this might interest you from SRT discussion on the 21st.

Bret - There is no need to go to the solid rear shafts on a stock Gen III, as a matter of fact, I prefer the lighter hollow shafts in such applications (save the 3 or 4 pounds of rotating weight)! If you want to make a change, swap the Gen III hydro-lock diff with the Gen IV visco-lock rear end for improved performance (a bolt in!).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235