Wheel alignment.....

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I paid 125 at the Nissan dealership in Green Bay, it was the only place in town with a rack that was low enough for the SRT-10 as it was built for the GTR. I would agree with Plum though typical is 175 especially in an area like your in, it may even be more.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
90 to 300.00 in my shop= just depends whats all up with it

MVP auto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$200 is a average number you can expect. There are speciality tools required to perform the proper alignment on a Viper. Most people do not
know the rear caster is adjustable, and if not set or even moved to compensate camber in the rear serious handeling problems can come from this.
I am a certified Viper Tech and have seen alot of problems from alignments being performed improper. Spend the time and money to have it done right.
You can call me with any questions. Mike 951-461-VIPR (8477).

viperB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got this done last week.I went to Firestone and they charge me $79.99 plus tax.Most places will have a hard time getting your car up the rack.What I did was bring my own wood and put them under the front tires.Then I added the front tires to about 44psi and lower the rear to 10psi to get the car up the rack.I had no problem and it clear easily.Then they set all four tires at 29psi.The car feel great and it also comes with a print out of what they adjusted.BTW my car is a 2002GTS and is stock height.

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless the shop is using laser equipment or some real high tech machionery a 4 wheel alignment should be less than a hundred dollars. I paid 80 for my Gen 1.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, interesting. I was quoted $400 (4-hours labor) to do an alignment on my '03 SRT-10.....at the local Dodge Dealership. Also, in doing some research, read that the dealership is the only place that has the equipment and can do it right.......Looks like all Viper-Tax/BS in reading the posts here....

greg

greggmgm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are the specs for a gen 3 i had my car done and now it is not even driveable

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know the stock specs for the gen III. I just had mine set up for a really aggressive street aligment and I cannot believe how well the car handled at Road Atlanta this weekend.
As far as cost, I paid under $150. He had all the latest laser stuff (Hunter, I think), and did the aligment and corner balancing. Try putting "track alignment" and your city in Google. I found the one guy in town who sets up pretty much every race car around here. I just walked in and told him what specs I wanted.

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My local DC dealer did mine for $200, but he also stated there is the "super deluxe" (my term, not his) version in which they have to remove body panels in order to index exact points on the frame, or something like that. $1300. Wow...

Bryan

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
holy smokes, are you kidding? that guy is definatly on a balls as big as church bells drug..... run forest,run---- wait a minute..... did the car get hit by a train?:lmao:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$175 at the track last minute possible by Russ with Archer Racing. Plus $20 for all new bolts and cams which were rounded out by Firestone (FU Firestone, bill and **** you letter forthcoming). A special thank you to JonB for calling John and to John Archer and everyone at Archer Racing for fixing this and helping me all day to install a catch can at the track while they were working on their own race cars. A finer and more accommodating group of people doesn't exist. Thank you all!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$175 at the track last minute possible by Russ with Archer Racing. Plus $20 for all new bolts and cams which were rounded out by Firestone (FU Firestone, bill and **** you letter forthcoming). A special thank you to JonB for calling John and to John Archer and everyone at Archer Racing for fixing this and helping me all day to install a catch can at the track while they were working on their own race cars. A finer and more accommodating group of people doesn't exist. Thank you all!

He did mine in SLC at VOI. Did he do yours with Old School Lasers? (jack stands, ruler and string)

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$70 at a CT chain called Towne Fair Tire for my PT Cruiser. They do not differentiate between cars.

IN NJ, they charged my $25 for an evaluation which would be included in a $90 charge if a fix was needed.

Whoever is being charged $200 and above is definitely being charged Viper tax.

-Avi
1997 Viper GTS

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it to Firestone like I did for $69 lifetime and see how badly they can **** up yours.

$70 at a CT chain called Towne Fair Tire for my PT Cruiser. They do not differentiate between cars.

IN NJ, they charged my $25 for an evaluation which would be included in a $90 charge if a fix was needed.

Whoever is being charged $200 and above is definitely being charged Viper tax.

-Avi
1997 Viper GTS