Thread: San Francisco Bay Area CA Viper owners: Where do you get your snake serviced?

Reply to Thread
    Viper Owner

Default San Francisco Bay Area CA Viper owners: Where do you get your snake serviced?

Just curious where San Francisco Bay Area owners are getting their snakes serviced? Regular maintenance and small repairs specifically? Not many dealers around these parts these days. I'm looking at a 30K maintenance stop. Dealer in Richmond CA is saying to expect $800 to $1200! Yikes!

Thanks in advance!

Greg - 95 Emerald Green RT-10

Enthusiast

Default Re: San Francisco Bay Area CA Viper owners: Where do you get your snake serviced?

30k 60k etc are major services and therefore are going to cost more. I only trust Normandin Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in San Jose. For performance work I go to Bad Boyzz Garage in Sacramento. Toddy really knows his stuff.

VCA Member
    West

Default Re: San Francisco Bay Area CA Viper owners: Where do you get your snake serviced?

For regular Viper maintenance and anything outside of engine rebuilds, Ted at Valaya is the only trained viper tech around outside of what you may find at a dealership, but with the dealerships you don;t really know if they are "vipertechs" or not.

Always check to make sure that the shop you are using has licensed mechanics in it.

Viper Owner

Normandin Dodge has viper techs. They also have great customer service!

Enthusiast

Yes Normandin's does have certified Viper Tech's. Go and see Reyes in the service department and tell him you are with the Viper Club.

I take mine to Ted at Valaya. He is fairly near the train station, so I drop it off and catch an Amtrak Capitol there and back. Very easy. They have done good work for me when I am too busy/lazy to do it myself. Dealerships can be good, but the number of non Viper savy people in and out of those places give me pause.

Enthusiast

Ted May at Valaya Automotive

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by 72hemi View Post
    I only trust Normandin Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in San Jose. For performance work I go to Bad Boyzz Garage in Sacramento. Toddy really knows his stuff.
    What John said! There are some club members that take their cars to DC Performance. They are in SoCal.

Normandin does give a discount to VCA Members. IIRC, 15% on service and 20% on parts.